Carraig Donn
Carraig Donn Employee Review

excellent have acheived and learnt so much

9 August 2016
I started of as senior sales in Carraig Donn and was promoted to Supervisor in fashion which I love and care for so much. I love being able to look and deal with the targets end of things to it makes you see what you can achieve week on week.

I have a great working relationship with all of my work colleagues including my managers.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when e all make target and celebrate with coffee and make our customers happy.
23 November 2019
Same role
Fashion Manager (Former Employee) - Blanchardstown, County Dublin
I worked for Carraig Donn for 7 and half years and enjoyed it so much, everyday was different you're involved In so much it's not like most jobs where you are employed for 1 or 2 tasks you get deep in straight away. I would recomened this company to anyone
21 March 2020
Same location
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) - Dublin
- an absolutely toxic, hostile and petty working environment with a lack of communication and lots of unnecessary drama.

-The national minimum wage went up to 10.10 but I was refused a raise from 9.80 to 10.10 because I was short of 5 months from turning 20.

-the management is two-faced and some are bullies.

-The previous manager bullied so many people into hating the job and feeling like they had no option but to quit. She has made numerous mean and unnecessary remarks about me to other staff and all that was done was she was moved to a different sore location (she has worked in just about half of the 41 store locations now)

-In the span of 2 months,6-7 staff members have either left or quit from our store when we only have about 12-15 staff total.

-We are expected to check, unload and have out onto the floor as many as 4-6 palettes. However, it was still manageable when we used the lift to transfer all the boxes upstairs. We have now been told that staff is not allowed to use the lift and we now have to carry up 20-40 boxes of big, HEAVY boxes up 2 flights of stairs every single week.

- an employee was dismissed with 3 days of notice upon the reason that we "did not have enough hours for the amount of staff we have and his contract had ended" but then a week later 2 new people were hired.

- during this period of the coronavirus, over 300 staff have been told the night before that all of the stores will be closing. We were all temporarily laid off with no notice.

-The company has refused to take on the COVID19 refund scheme where they'd pay the employees
 - more...
3 February 2020
Same location
Supervisor (Current Employee) - Dublin
The overall company are great to work for. The overall management are accessible and easy to communicate with. There's always opportunities to step up.