Center Parcs

Center Parcs Employee Reviews

Ireland49 reviews

Give them what they want and then you’ll fit in

As long as you’re a hard working robot who lives and breathes Center parcs from the moment you start you’ll be appreciated, you’re nothing but a number and it’s nothing but a capitalist money farm disguised as an eco friendly company who cares about their guests and staff which couldn’t be further from the truth. If you’re willing to work hard and act like the company means something to you, you’ll do great. kitchen is encouraged by managers to DUMP leftover food instead of letting staff eat something after 8-12 hr shifts

Pros

Good choices for lunch

Cons

Small changing rooms for full departments, small cafeteria often at max capacity, Not enough outdoor seating/shelter

Not a very friendly or nice place to work.

Money orientated. Push staff to the extreme limit for very bad pay. False promises of discounted staff holidays 60% off first break with them. But it’s only at certain off peak or under booked times. If the village is busy you can’t book. Basically it never happens. Selling a dream to staff and they enter a nightmare..

Cons

Underpaid understaffed. Management rude..

Insights into Center Parcs

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Slavery & Bad Management

Management is a joke. They lose all there long serving workers due to bad management. Pay is minimum wage and by god you certainly work for it. The teams that work there throughout the village are all amazing-under appreciated most of the time. Chances of advancing are good once u fit in! Appreciation is little and criticism is plenty!!

Wouldn’t recommend

Management isn’t the best in all sectors, there’s little to no work life balance and due to constant staffing issues you’re seriously over worked.Staff in general are all nice.

Great coworkers

Management/HR isn't great but atmosphere with Co workers is good and guests can be quite nice. Can be quite busy at times (Christmas & summer) but helps the day go by quicker

Stressful

Needs a union to fight for workers rights. Minimum wage for seriously hard work. Huge workforce majority on minimum wage. Perks are not worth it after the rigmarole you need to go through to qualify. Feels like school, management can be condescending to junior staff members. Huge turnover of staff.

Hard work and generally a nice place to work

Currently working in housekeeping. I get allocated 2 lodges and they have to be completed by 14:45. Hard work but you get into a routine and gets easier.

Pros

Nice surroundings and great team members

Cons

Can be friction between team leaders

Favouritism at its finest

If you brown nose you will go far. No communication, don't appreciate staff. No training or career advancement. Very poor pay. Managers are an absolute disgrace. I have never in my life seen such a poor quality of managers. All they do is sit in the office all day and that is if they even turn up. If something goes wrong then they pass the blame onto everyone else. Team leaders are been taken for a ride.Very understaffed and they wonder why. Such a horrible environment & good workers for granted.Other divisions in center parcs are probably better but the retail department AVOID!!

Better than most.

There is a vibe that's good between team members, but if you work with people that are not the same vibe as you, you can feel a little out of place. There is a lot of staffing issues at the moment, but I don't think that's a center parcs issue.

Pros

Discounts, advancement

Cons

Hospitality hours, low staff

horrible

horrible people to work for tell you one thing in interview and then when you start it is completely different what a joke promise you loads but don't actually deliver

Fun place to work.withh progression if work hard

Fun place to work.. Great progression opportunities . Great team to work for really enjoyed my time here.Management and teamleaders were great to deal with.

Pros

Day passes

Honestly, not a great place to work.

Employed for 2.5 years, good chance of progression if you work hard, but there is favouritism. The perks are really over sold to you. Poor pay, high stress and it's all business. Guests can be extremely rude and your expected to bend over backwards nonetheless (that's hospitality). Managers are okay, but definitely brush serious incidents under the rug where possible. I don't recommend working here.

Run fast

It is like working in a circus . Management who expect the team members ( housekeepers) to be Donkeys .The merry go around of staff leaving is a good indication. Lot of management goings on is hilarious, better than any carry on film .keeps the housekeepers entertained. Progression only if face fits.

Best avoid

Been working here almost 3 years simply because its a convenient distance from my home, staff get treated very poorly, over worked and under paid and god forbid you have a suggestion to make work easier, some departments I.E housekeeping have an excellent level of training as for the rest it's extremely shoddy, best to avoid working here unless you have absolutely no other options

Staff shortages. Bad management. High staff turnover. Low pay grade. Bullying.

No opportunity for growth. Was told in the interview there would be a great possibility for growth, and opportunities to go full time etcWas hired as part time worker, and when I asked if there was any possibility of being considered for a full time role, got told that they'd "have to hire someone new" for a full time position as they did not want the hassle of changing my contract from part time to full time. We were constantly understaffed and overworked. Team leaders who worked well would be constantly mistreated and bad mouthed by other team leaders and management. Rotas would never be given in advance and were always changed so no work life balance.Holiday hours rarely approved or paid properly even if requested in advance. Management in general were bullies.Treatment got worse after covid, most perks and staff benefits were gone. Could say more but my main advice is to avoid at all costs!!

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

Awful management

Stressfull

Underpaid. Highly stressful. Very badly managed. Hours are ridiculous and expectations are to high. Very high staff turnover which isn't surprising. Very demanding job.

Pros

Day passes

Cons

Underpaid for work that's expected from staff

Good for a first job

I agree with the reviews of center parcs, in that there is a problem with middle management. Supervisors/team leaders/managers, abuse their position and treat staff unfairly/poorly. Scenic place to work and I enjoyed my time here, however, as one of the youngest members of staff, I was always rostered the worst hours/unsociable hours, despite being fully flexible and being employed as long as my colleagues. Rosters rarely on time, sometimes would be up the night before. Certain team leaders went above and beyond for staff, while others treated staff very poorly.

Great outdoor environment . Holiday hours good. Plenty of overtime . Working alone good.. loads of staff discounts on day passes holidays and in shops pubs restaurants on site

Pros

Free bus

Cons

Bit far out

Good work place

Not a bad place to work in fairness if your not qualified in anything or have never worked before then this is the best place to get a start as the support and training is there for what ever you want to be. your getting backed in center parcs.if you work in f&b your getting tips which don't be to bad either.(thank you guests) and if your older in age and unemployed you can get a handy little number meeting with people because staff are all very friendly passes the day....the people that complain about this company the way they do is unbelievable day passes are also very good perks

Pros

Tips

Cons

Long hours to make decent money

Not ideal if you don’t live close by

Lovely scenic place to work however hours are extremely long and there is such a lack of staff and yoh don’t get enough credit for the amount of work you actually do. there is a major problem with the middle management here and it can become very competitive also because there is such a lack of staff your rota will be given at such short notice there’s not time for life work balance

Fun with great co workers

Loved my time here it was a relaxed environment with a steady work rate I worked in the linen all the staff were very nice and helpful could not speak highly enough of that team. When the weather is good a nicer place you will not find

Pros

Canteen

Cons

Staff sickness, covid related puts pressure on other team members, not a lot can be done about it unfortunately

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center Parcs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Center Parcs with

• Center Parcs
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?