Center Parcs UK & Ireland logo
Center Parcs UK & Ireland

Center Parcs UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

If your face fits

To many chiefs not enough Indians culture. Poorly trained managers, who fail to deal with bullying. Have never worked in such an unprofessional environment. Doesn't pay to be good at what you do as no opportunity to progress as promised.

Cons

Very stressful and too much perfect expectations

The management is not great,the environment is extremely stressful and my department expects way too much out of all of us,and do not get paid enough for the things we must accomplish

Pros

It’s only 2 days a week

Cons

Extreme stress, not paid enough

If you have no life go ahead and apply

I was so looking forward to joining centerparcs when the opportunity arrived, I left my job to go to centerparcs with great expectations. It started off great, the staff in general are great and a lovely team to work with and the higher management are nice too but some of the team leaders are on power trips and Management that are unfit to do there job and not approachable. Bullying of some staff members is rife and noticed by Management but nothing done to prevent this only added to and everyone is aware of this, I cannot work in a place where this is allowed to go unnoticed.and the mental health of people dismissed. There is no structure to the rotas and maybe get it a day or two before before the week starts so no life work balance and although this was mentioned many times to management nothing ever done about it. We were promised a pay rise last December only to be put up to the new minimum wage, so disappointing. Be prepared to walk over people if you want progress.

Pros

Lovely coworkers, good benifits when they could be used

Cons

No rotas in advance, bad management

Promised everything given nothing

On day 1 you are told all the brilliant things about your new role and centre parcs itself but you never will get to use benefits, there is no development or opportunities to move department or up the ladder, the training is basic fire drills and not what they make you believe it is not to benefit your future career but to cover their backs and tick boxes. It's so disappointing when you realise what you got urself into there is no balance rota done unfairly could be on 9/10/12/12 days in a row for a poor wage. Bad atmosphere and terrible attitudes from some staff who ruin it for the people who try to be upbeat.

Pros

Cons

Wage, rotas, no opportunities, bullying

No work/life balance, too much expected work for basic minimum wage

At the interview you are promised the world such as benefits (day passes that we’re not allowed anymore, 10% off in restaurants that we’re not allowed go to), opportunity to progress or move departments. None of which is true in my experience. The management are poorly trained and treat staff terribly which is why there’s such a high staff turnover. If you want to move department, honestly good luck. They expect staff to do the sun moon and stars for minimum wage, work 10 hour shifts with no breaks, and come in on your day off (which could be only one day a week) because the management don’t know how to do a roster. Genuinely do not even bother working here or you’ll end up just as miserable as the rest of us who are stuck here.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Absolutely everything

Young and fresh work force Eger and willing to learn.happy outgoing staff

I love my job, well I say job for the purpose of this review because it's not just a job, it's a career as this is my industry as I'm studying hospitality management, so I'm in the right place for the right reason and you get what you put in. Work is fun and enjoyable, relaxing and stressful 90/10 I'd highly recommend this company

Pros

Cheap lunch, good company, discounts, pool and spa before pandemic.

Cons

Minimum wage, that's all

Very bad management, complaints handled so unfairly

I was so looking forward to putting my customer service skills & treating my team fair, kind & respectful. If any of my team members were struggling with cleaning of lodges I would get help for them or just help them myself as I wanted the highest standards for our guests & give them the wow experience. But management would never listen to me & enjoyed putting me down & undermining me at every opportunity. So unfortunately I could take no more childlike drama & threw in the towel. I felt I had so much more to offer in my role as Team Leader. I decided in February I could take no more as my mental health was suffering & was sick of being blamed for everything

Pros

Cons

Management need a major overhaul on basic treatment & wellbeing of employees

Stressful underpaid under appreciated work.

Hard work but your left to get on with as there is no help or support from management.Management make promises but don't deliver .Enjoy my colleagues.

Communication and consistency

I find there to be an issue with communication and consistency throughout the village. Especially among the management team. Certain rules and procedures that seem to have been applied to one department appear to be different to that of another resulting in the inconveniences I mentioned.

Great place, shame about the Managers

Great place to work, great people to wkrk with however as the saying goes "Too many Chief's and NOT enough Indians" its a terrible shame as I thought that was my forever Job. No progression unless you face fits and No time to enjoy the Benefits as your always at work cause they are always short staffed. Such a shame

Jobs at Center Parcs UK & Ireland

See more jobs

Your in the army now

It's hard to know were to start . The management are at best indifferent unless you are one of the chosen few and by that I mean you were in the army or your number one priority is to spy on and report your co workers for minor infractions or your willing to bury your tongue up there rear end. The opportunity for advancement that they will tell you about at the interview is non existent unless you fit certain criteria see above. The employee benefits have so many conditions that it's not worth the effort and if you do avail of them watch your back because it's just another opportunity for your fellow workers to hang you . There isn't much more to say except stay away if you value your self esteem and dignity.

Great Company, Run by Management that are not qualified to do their Job.

I looked forward, to working at Centerparcs. I was promised opportunities and Development. None of this has come to Fruition. So don't be dreaming "BIG" @ Centerparcs as whatever that tell you in your interview, does NOT happen!

The management is awful they dont know how to treay their staff

The management is awful they dont know how to treat their staff. Some of the hours you have to work is terrible and unfair. But i would never tell anyone not to take a job there i am only saying from my experience.

No Growth or any future promotions Stay away!!

Highly stressful due to co-workers Bullying. I learnt sucking up is the best way forward. What management? the management that never wants to speak to you? Hardest part of the job was doing 3 jobs at the same time Kitchen assistant, Line cook and Kp. Most enjoyable part of the Job going home.

Difficult but exciting

Fast paced, stressful work. Enjoyable with good benefits such as drastically discounted stays. Good work relations with managers and other staff. Wage not quite enough for job type.

Good

Love working there great team team leaders and managers work is constant but satisfying would recommend working at centre Parcs money is only minimum wage😥

Work

Day starts at 10am, lodges to be cleaned are allocated and you just got on your bike and cycle to your zone and to get stuck in as all lodges must be clean and ready by 2.45pm

An enjoyable place to work with a good team and fun environment! This is a fast paced environment with lots to do. Working from one's own initiative is key.

Stressful

There is constant pressure and little support. The salary would be good if you worked your contracted hours but due to increased pressure for longer opening hours and sales you End up working way more then your contracted hours. There is added pressure daily to complete additional tasks without additional staff or resources. The work life balance is terrible as the work days are Ve dry long and days off are few and far between

Housekeeping

Its hard going as its all based on a time frame, certain amount of time to clean a certain amount of lodges, no matter the circumstances they need to be done as check ins are in as soon as your done.

Awful conditions

Center Parcs is a complete rip off once you get there. Security thinks they're really cops and we had one awfully bad manager who had no idea how to do his job. No communication skills, no facilitator staff lunches, and hardly any breaks at all if you are lucky to get one. Far too picky over the smallest thing's and the big things are often left ignored. It'll be a Direct Provision Centre in a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center Parcs UK & Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement