Center Parcs UK & Ireland logo
Center Parcs UK & Ireland

Center Parcs UK & Ireland Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Great place, shame about the Managers

Great place to work, great people to wkrk with however as the saying goes "Too many Chief's and NOT enough Indians" its a terrible shame as I thought that was my forever Job. No progression unless you face fits and No time to enjoy the Benefits as your always at work cause they are always short staffed. Such a shame

Very stressful and too much perfect expectations

The management is not great,the environment is extremely stressful and my department expects way too much out of all of us,and do not get paid enough for the things we must accomplish

Pros

It’s only 2 days a week

Cons

Extreme stress, not paid enough

If you have no life go ahead and apply

I was so looking forward to joining centerparcs when the opportunity arrived, I left my job to go to centerparcs with great expectations. It started off great, the staff in general are great and a lovely team to work with and the higher management are nice too but some of the team leaders are on power trips and Management that are unfit to do there job and not approachable. Bullying of some staff members is rife and noticed by Management but nothing done to prevent this only added to and everyone is aware of this, I cannot work in a place where this is allowed to go unnoticed.and the mental health of people dismissed. There is no structure to the rotas and maybe get it a day or two before before the week starts so no life work balance and although this was mentioned many times to management nothing ever done about it. We were promised a pay rise last December only to be put up to the new minimum wage, so disappointing. Be prepared to walk over people if you want progress.

Pros

Lovely coworkers, good benifits when they could be used

Cons

No rotas in advance, bad management

Promised everything given nothing

On day 1 you are told all the brilliant things about your new role and centre parcs itself but you never will get to use benefits, there is no development or opportunities to move department or up the ladder, the training is basic fire drills and not what they make you believe it is not to benefit your future career but to cover their backs and tick boxes. It's so disappointing when you realise what you got urself into there is no balance rota done unfairly could be on 9/10/12/12 days in a row for a poor wage. Bad atmosphere and terrible attitudes from some staff who ruin it for the people who try to be upbeat.

Pros

Cons

Wage, rotas, no opportunities, bullying

No work/life balance, too much expected work for basic minimum wage

At the interview you are promised the world such as benefits (day passes that we’re not allowed anymore, 10% off in restaurants that we’re not allowed go to), opportunity to progress or move departments. None of which is true in my experience. The management are poorly trained and treat staff terribly which is why there’s such a high staff turnover. If you want to move department, honestly good luck. They expect staff to do the sun moon and stars for minimum wage, work 10 hour shifts with no breaks, and come in on your day off (which could be only one day a week) because the management don’t know how to do a roster. Genuinely do not even bother working here or you’ll end up just as miserable as the rest of us who are stuck here.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Absolutely everything

Your in the army now

It's hard to know were to start . The management are at best indifferent unless you are one of the chosen few and by that I mean you were in the army or your number one priority is to spy on and report your co workers for minor infractions or your willing to bury your tongue up there rear end. The opportunity for advancement that they will tell you about at the interview is non existent unless you fit certain criteria see above. The employee benefits have so many conditions that it's not worth the effort and if you do avail of them watch your back because it's just another opportunity for your fellow workers to hang you . There isn't much more to say except stay away if you value your self esteem and dignity.

Difficult but exciting

Fast paced, stressful work. Enjoyable with good benefits such as drastically discounted stays. Good work relations with managers and other staff. Wage not quite enough for job type.

Stressful

There is constant pressure and little support. The salary would be good if you worked your contracted hours but due to increased pressure for longer opening hours and sales you End up working way more then your contracted hours. There is added pressure daily to complete additional tasks without additional staff or resources. The work life balance is terrible as the work days are Ve dry long and days off are few and far between

Housekeeping

Its hard going as its all based on a time frame, certain amount of time to clean a certain amount of lodges, no matter the circumstances they need to be done as check ins are in as soon as your done.

Wrily good

Wrily good place to work , and socialise whit people and haw the experience to work at Central Parc , and need new people , and see how the places is been build up so fast

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

10 hours

Jobs at Center Parcs UK & Ireland