Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland221 reviews
Peaceful and with with many tasks to do and learn.
I have not the opportunity yet to get know with the other employees but the knowledge I had learnt was not difficult but detailed so you have to pay attention at any moment and be prepare to some not expected circumstances that the custumers or the store place may have ones a while.
lovely place to work
staff & management worked well together, I loved the social aspect of meeting people, it was a lovely environment to work in for staff and customers were a joy to meet. when I wasnt serving customers there was merchandising, cleaning, dusting and checking stock for short dates.
Pros
part-time hours were suitable
Cons
shop closing down
fun to work with and helpful
i done my work experience here and i loved it. everybody was so helpful and i got along great with the staff. They all made me feel so welcome and overall i had a good experience.
Decent
Decent place to work for the money. Some management and supervisors not great. Can be fun with colleagues. Nights out occasionally for staff - drinks paid for.
fun workplace
challenging for staff, easy to learn and gain experience
great opportunity to work with suppliers and learn about launching new products,

no discounts for staff
Avoid
Horrible manager was impossible to work for, hard to believe it was the 21st century, he was like something from Victorian Times. Was a mistake to work here, the best day of my life was the day I left.
Enjoyed my time there
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working there but am ready for a change as I have been there 13 years.
Very good place of work. Loved working with people .
Productive and enjoyable experience.
Enjoyable environment to work in. Great staff and management. Good staff morale and responsible management who care about the employees. Good pay and clean facilities.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Centra Ireland?
A great company to work for
Loved working with centra and would love to go back working with the company...I miss it and whilst iv tired another company centra cannot be beaten..
Overall a great 10 years
incredibly busy but the hours went very quickly
i worked for two years in Centra Carnmore in the deli and it was a real eye opener. I met some incredibly hardworking people who deal superbly well under serious pressure. the deli there was busy for most of the day with large queues across the shop at peak times. Most of the customers were patient and polite thankfully although there's always one of two! I visit that same deli every week now as a customer, as I know the kitchen is incredibly clean and the food is of high quality. My manager worked just as hard as the rest of us which always makes a difference. The owner was incredibly fair and understanding with the rotas and accommodated my family commitments without fuss. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, and would have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to work.
Terrible
I’ve worked in retail for ten years now, I took the job because I needed to work, I’m on 9.80 an hour! I work most weekends! Don’t get to see my husband much because I work 3-11 5 days a week, I’ve asked for my shift to be changed but they won’t! I get a half an hour break! Which is not enough! When Im on break I can be called from my break to take the till if its busy so can’t relax on my break! Hate he place
Working under a brand so no direct with the proper bosses dont get recognised for the work you do
When your working under a brand name like centra uve got the owner of d store as much as u meet all the area managers briefly i dont think u get as much recognition as you should as ive worked before with private shop owners where they appreciate u that little bit more for wot u do
Excellent work environment
I have worked at centra in different positions and I would say that I have a great experience there. The team work is excellent and management is very helpful.
Nightmare!!!
TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demoralising, left with no confidence, self esteem or self worth.

Broke my heart.

Dreaded going in the morning.

Hated every second of my time there.
Would not work here again
Absolutely horrible work place, would not advise working here the staff are horrible to you and horrible management they just think about there self and treat staff horrible.
Centra
Very good to work for the management are good all stagg are nice. Everyone is fair and honest, fastbpace environment. Very good atmosphere in the shop at all times
Busy
Early starts in the deli,very fast paced, cant stop for a min or you'll fall behind,fair to work for,the centra i worked for they we're a good bunch of people there,overall i enjoyed it but a lot of hard work for the wages.
Cons
Poor wages
Management is the worst
Managers behaviousr to employees and customers are unacceptable and organization is awful. Roster changes are terrible too. There is no communication between manager and staff. Terrible place to work and shop.
Unappreciated and Underpaid
Feels like you're disposable and unappreciated, Also the pay is bad for the work you do. There is no work life balance. They want you to be on call at all times.
Busy place to work but time flew by which was a plus.
Worked in one of the busier Centras, It was also a petrol Station which made it extra busy but this was good as the time flew. Hours changed every week which was a bit unsettling as it was hard to plan anything. Also found it hard to go from working late to early but you get used to this. Overall found it a pleasant place to work.
enjoyable and understanding workplace
centra in bray is an enjoyable place to work where you will meet a wide range of both co-workers and staff.

while it is sometimes hard to get a lot of hours if you are part time they are more than willing to work around other responsibilities like children or university.

the hardest part of the job on the deli was keeping a fast pace during rush hour where we had to serve the abundance of customers at a fast pace as well as keeping up with anything that was cooking and any deliveries that came in.

the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with so many different people and making great friends through co-workers and customers at centra you could find a friend in any staff member that is always more than happy to help when needed.
Pros
discounted lunches, flexible management
Cons
not much advancement opportunity