Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

Ireland282 reviews

Very face paced and stressful at times but co-workers and other staff we're always friendly and supportive which made it bearable

Managers and other staff were always very friendly and supportive as well as understanding if you had any sort of difficulty. The deli itself was stressful as I was in a busy and well populated area. Co-workers helped lighten the load and make the stressful days more bearable.

Horrible management and lack of care for staff

Paid awfully, if you’re under 20 be expected to be paid less than the 10.50 an hour. If it was busy and you had to work longer hours to get the job done you were not paid for them. Constant staff turn around, being expected to fully train in new staff and take on the role of a supervisor on minimum wage.

Deli assistant

Good as a starting job, but the deli is very fast paced and a lot of things are required. You are given many tasks at once as a deli worker so trying to keep on top of it all van be difficult.

Fun relaxed place to work

fun place to work, not very stressful but I learned a lot from this job. Great for young to people to earn a part-time wage or those older looking to pick up work again

Busy but enjoyable

Love working here, busy so the day flies along. Customers are chatty, locally owned business so the owners know who you are and appreciate what you do.

I found it to be a decent workplace in so far as the atmosphere of fellow staff as well as the working approach of my manager.

Typical day involved stocking shelves, cleaning the areas and working the tills. The management were helpful, yet at the same time expected a decent standard. Satisfactory experience working in Centra, a positive experience.

Easy going and handy

Had no problems working here other then being on minimum wage with no progression. Handy for part time work for students and full time is good other then not everybody would get a full 40 hour week

Pros

Staff

Cons

No discounts for staff, minimum wage

Busy , not enough staff. Deli very fast paced .

Busy store , fast paced , not enough staff . Hours long . Weekend and evening work . Deli was physically tough . Work colleagues were good but managers had favourites who got away with murder

Pros

Nice work colleagues

Cons

Long hours . Managers had favourites

Busy and satisfying workplace

As it is based around shift work, the hours can suit your busy schedule and it is easier to maintain a work life balance or just work as many hours as you need.

Fun place to work. Enjoyable. Relaxed atmosphere

My colleagues were very friendly and helpful the management was helpful and I had a lot of support when I needed it. My boss was very approachable and I felt I could talk to her when I needed help

Productive and fun workplace

Good place to work, to get to know more people, to get customer support and customer communication experience. The rules and employee care is as required.

Good starting job

Perfect job for students who are looking to make a bit of money on the side. Flexible hours and great staff. Definitely good for a bit of experience of the workplace.

Fun place to work, but pay is poor

Been at Centra for over a year now and have moved to Supervisor level, but the pay is still minimum so it is disappointing. This obviously differs from Centra to Centra.

Bad management

Expect you to do things that are not in your contract like being a security guard and to follow people around the shop if they look suspicious. Atmosphere is most of the time boring and dull but the management make sure they put pressure on you and stress you out whenever they can.

Fast paced, demanding

Working as a deli assistant in Centra is very stressful and demanding , you must provide excellent service no matter what are the circumstances. Management is not fair at all times and will keep you at the edge of giving up. It's ok for students to work part-time but full-time employees are used to maximum. Training is provided but you are expected to work at all areas because they always lack of staff so you do tree people jobs.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

No bonuses or any kind of extra money, no discount, no insurance of any kind

Good Place to Start When You're Young

It's shift work but it's low-stress. Everyone I worked with was nice. There aren't any targets to be met. Management don't monitor you too much. I would recommend it.

Pros

Low-stress

Cons

Shift work

Bad place to work

Bad place to work, horrible management and favour staff. Management don’t care about the well-being of staff and expect to cover on days off. Punished if you don’t cover

Cons

Fine for a while, wouldn’t stay long term.

Wages are poor. Little hope of promotion. Only a few cents off a coffee is the only benefit. It’s okay for a few months but you can’t make a career here unless you’re coming in as store manager.

was ok at the start but then a few months in i began training people when i barely knew anything either, my roster got worse and worse and as i’m in college i couldn’t work certain days and even when i told them the days i couldn’t work they still put me on those days and then made me work saturday and sunday 6am-3pm for two weekends

Pros

good staff

Cons

long hours and unreliable

wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy

Interview took about 5 minutes, didn't seem like my cv or cover letter had been read at all, had to basically reread it to my manager.I initially received no training (I had to do manual handling later on down the line which they "paid" for however it cost me more than what i was paid to travel to it) and everyday was the same thing for 8 hours. on my days off i would either be called in to work anyways, or spend most of the day dreading returning. pay is laughable, management are incredibly condescending and would have you think they were constantly under pressure, running around like they're prepping for a marathon but they get very little done with all that running around regardless. Customers treat you like dirt, you're expected to do 3 people's jobs at once more often than not. a part of me has died as a result of just a few months of working in centra. do not under any circumstances apply for a job in centra unless you have very little respect for yourself and think you deserve minimum wage to be treated like a worm for a large portion of your day.

Pros

Coworkers tend to be friendly as they're in the same position as you

Cons

Terrible hours, abysmal pay, laughable management, only staff discount was coffee being a euro cheaper

For a deli Assistant it is little money for the demands of the job

Fine for a first job although it’s little money for the demands if the job and little to no benefits can also be poorly ran depending on your location and manager is fine for a part time job for students though

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centra Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement