Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

Horrible management and poor wages
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 January 2019
Management are horrible , always nagging and creating needless jobs to do , treat people unfairly and generally create an unpleasant working environment. Confiscate people's personal belongings but don't provide a safe place for staff to store their items. Often illegal shift times eg finishing at 10:30pm and being back in at 7am. Roster comes out on a Sunday night and you could be in Monday morning which is ridiculous in my opinion. Minimum wage and most of the time they get your wages wrong anyway and it has to be corrected. Overall an extremely poor place to work and would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Absolutely lovely and friendly floor staff
Cons
Everything else
Best company
Junior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 January 2019
Best company to work with in terms with everything. Good culture, work life balance, salary, holiday benefits. Fantastic overtime facilities. Educational aid
Fun and friendly envoirment to workk in
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birr, County Offaly14 November 2018
A typical days work would include starting at 8:00 am and finishing at 5:00pm , that was my shift , I would start by talking all new deliveres to the storage room and preparing them to go on the shelfs, then I would deliver all he ingredients the deli would need , I wouLd then do a few hours on till work and helping coustomers with task's around the shop such as lifting a heavy load of shopping to a car for an elderly person.
Pros
free lunches
didnt find it good
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Baile na Martra, County Cork10 November 2018
not my type of job,dont like stacking shelves for 6 hours, didnt even go on the tilt, didnt get paid, managers were annoying,had to do all the hardwork
excellent workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenbeigh, County Kerry3 November 2018
i enjoyed working in this environment every staff member there were always willing to give a helping hand and always putting in top effort. the management was extremely well run.
Not Happy
Watcher (Current Employee) –  Navan, County Meath16 October 2018
Its the highest prices Shop in Navan,and they think we customers are Stupid. Gangster rating 89% . Aldi 2.5% Lidl 3.45%. Aldi For Black castle Navan.
Pros
Cons
Overpriced Rubbish cooked food.
Great work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 October 2018
I working in centra for a good while then I fell pregnant An moved An had no travel to Dublin .. but I working there 40 hours a week an really enjoyed my time there
Pros
Lunches
job satisfaction
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  galway4 October 2018
very demanding mentally/physically
.learned a great deal of how the business work
.very helpful and supporting
.hardest part keeping everybody happy
.customer satisfaction
Pros
customer satisfaction
Divertido
Ayudante de cocina (Former Employee) –  County Dublin29 September 2018
Trabajo muy energico, siempre habia cosas que hacer. Muy buena relacion entre compañeros.
Good
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Cork17 September 2018
not great pay for young people starting off, unfriendly office

Want to know more about Centra Ireland?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin28 August 2018
Was a great place to work and both managers were very approachable with any issues. It was always busy therefore there were always things to be done. Very content with my experience here.
Productive and fun place
Deli assistant (Former Employee) –  Navan, County Meath2 August 2018
The community is very friendly,work is very productive and the money is great for a student who wants to start working. I would recommend Centra for a summer job before anywhere else
Pros
Free lunch
Comfortable working enviroment
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunleer, County Louth21 July 2018
To work in Centra is great as my co-workers are friendly and helpful.
My supervisors are very considerate and were great helping me get started off in March. By working in Centra I learned communication skills by communicating with my co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job was getting started. It took some time before i got used to the routine but now I know my roles and routines and everything flows well in a typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to chat with people I work with and customers while I am working.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosslare, County Wexford3 July 2018
It was good to get the experience to work in Centra. Lovely and friendly co-workers and management team. It was great to get the skills in customer service and working behind a till.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cahersiveen, County Kerry4 June 2018
Really enjoy working in this shop for the last few years. It has helped me understand how to deal and manage with peoples preferences and also how to deal with situations that I have never found myself in before. Always provided a welcoming workplace.
Good experience
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 June 2018
Great floor staff, difficult management.

8 hour shifts, could be morning or evening shifts. Full-time is five days a week, part-time is usually two or four days a week.

Minimum wage.

HACCP training.
Busy. Loads to do. Met interesting people
Sales and Deli assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallaght, County Dublin22 May 2018
Been with centra a long while. Really suitable hours if you have kids.. management are very hard working and expect the same from all their staff.
I've worked with some great people and still do.
If your willing to work hard and enjoy meeting people you can't go wrong.
Pros
Discount after 6 month's
Cons
No free lunches
Good experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  12 Stoneybatter, Arran Quay, Dublin 715 May 2018
A great place to learn about costumer service. The management could get some knowledge how to keep motivating their staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning every single day how to treat people well.
Meeting people is a pleasure
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baile Íomhair, County Meath14 May 2018
Having worked in Centra for a few years now ive come to realize that I love working with people, whether it be a regular customer or just somebody passing through the village.

It gives you a sense of accomplishment when you can help out somebody who might not be able to do it for themselves or just want to spend those extra few minutes talking to somebody.
Pros
Meeting people, helping others
Cons
Bad Atmosphere, lack of benefits, no advancement
Not sure
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway6 May 2018
The job is easy, but your own security isn't.
I like the morning shifts, which someone would find bad, but for me, that hasn't been a problem. So in the end, I am not really sure.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centra Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.