Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

Face paced environment that can be stressful but then overall experience and team was comfortable place to work. I would recommend it for someone starting off in employment or college students as it can help contribute towards fees .
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No Sunday pay increases
Don't go looking for anything special. You will not be looked after and have difficulty getting any holidays as you can book them well in advance and still be put on rota for when time was requested off. If you want to keep your mental health Avoid at all costs as you will be torn down and given out to for everything, including for stuff out of your control or even when you're not in but if you try to defend yourself will get given out to.
Pros
It's a wage
Cons
Everything else
Truly the most dreadful place I have ever worked, lack of training and support. Poor management with no people skills, poor health and safety and high staff turnover.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, poor organisation and management
I have worked in three different stores two were great to work in one store I would not recommend is howth owner never there very little support from him. In Finglas owner always there and willing to listen to you if u have a problem always there to approach and always there to help you in progressing owner in Finglas best boss to have would recommend this store howth never
Pros
Great place to work Finglas
Cons
No cons from Finglas howth store a joke
Working with Centra has allowed me to gain many different skills and learn qualities I never knew I had. Centra is a very positive part time Job to begin your carrier. I am currently in college and work during weekends and holidays and it allows me to study for my degree while making money for myself. I love working with both my fellow staff members and most importantly the public. A big part I love about my job is being able to interact and meet new people daily, provide a great shopping experience for each customer and also being able to help with any problems a customer may have. Over all working with Centra is a great job and I enjoy my time even more each day I work.
Pros
Team work skills
Cons
Competitive hours
Working in Centra can have both pros and cons. I do feel that the area associated with management could be improved I.e. a more fair and approachable team of management in which will make the employees feel more relaxed within the workplace.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Was paid well under minimum wage and had to fight for my money, owner treated us like dirt and had no respect for anyone, made me scrub her toilets every week in my deli uniform ,fast employee turnover. Would not recommend.
Pros
Made nice friends
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work, always something different each day , meeting different people , always keep busy , very rare it was a slow day , was made feel part of a team from day one amazing people to work with
Worked to the bone, money taken from you every week with no explanation, very dangerous working conditions, having to deal with drunk and drugged up people late at night with no security, no benefits, long hours, nice coworkers but supervisors were lazy and not helpful
Pros
Do not work here if you enjoy life in any sort of way! This place will eat you apart! Stay away!!! It’s not worth it. You’ll meet some amazing people but also the worst people on this earth.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The Job
supportive workplace good place to work excellent teamwork great management and friendly atmosphere i really enjoy my job in centra everyone is very frendly
I’ve worked in 3 different Centra stores. All 3 very different. Really enjoyed my time in 2 stores, but in the third the owner treated all his staff like dirt, was a horrible experience. Every store is different, all depending on the owner.
Great staff very friendly very helpful always helping the elderly shelves are always stacked floors are always clean fresh products daily great working environment
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Had none
Great staff and owners, great place to work. I got loads of experience in dealing with customers, stock and how a busy shop runs effectively. I was given lots of responsibility such as cashing up and locking up at night.
staff & management worked well together, I loved the social aspect of meeting people, it was a lovely environment to work in for staff and customers were a joy to meet. when I wasnt serving customers there was merchandising, cleaning, dusting and checking stock for short dates.
Pros
part-time hours were suitable
Cons
shop closing down
I have not the opportunity yet to get know with the other employees but the knowledge I had learnt was not difficult but detailed so you have to pay attention at any moment and be prepare to some not expected circumstances that the custumers or the store place may have ones a while.
i done my work experience here and i loved it. everybody was so helpful and i got along great with the staff. They all made me feel so welcome and overall i had a good experience.
Decent place to work for the money. Some management and supervisors not great. Can be fun with colleagues. Nights out occasionally for staff - drinks paid for.
challenging for staff, easy to learn and gain experience great opportunity to work with suppliers and learn about launching new products, no discounts for staff
Horrible manager was impossible to work for, hard to believe it was the 21st century, he was like something from Victorian Times. Was a mistake to work here, the best day of my life was the day I left.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working there but am ready for a change as I have been there 13 years. Very good place of work. Loved working with people .
  1. Employee reviews