Centra Ireland
Centra Ireland Employee Review

My Time in Centra

7 January 2014
When I started in Centra, it was a nice place, the staff were nice, and the owner was ok. I worked there for 5 years and as time went on even though the staff were nice, the owner of the store was not a nice person. They would shout at you for doing a task wrong or not doing it to the owners specification and many a time I saw staff members quit on the stop from the abuse that the owner was giving them. the owner was quite a rude person who on many occasions insulted some of the customers that came in to the store. Although I gained loads of experience from the other people there, and my floor manager was the nicest person you could ever meet, I was constantly afraid of the owner, you just didnt know when you were in their firing line!
Pros
time and a half pay on Sundays
Cons
I worked 7 days a week for 18 weeks, the horrible boss i had
23 September 2020
Same role
Deli Supervisor (Current Employee) - Dublin
Face paced environment that can be stressful but then overall experience and team was comfortable place to work. I would recommend it for someone starting off in employment or college students as it can help contribute towards fees .
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No Sunday pay increases
30 August 2020
Same role
Deli Assistant (Current Employee) - Sligo
Working in Centra can have both pros and cons. I do feel that the area associated with management could be improved I.e. a more fair and approachable team of management in which will make the employees feel more relaxed within the workplace.
Pros
Friendly staff
4 February 2018
Same location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Limerick
I only worked for 2 weeks work experience so I can't offer much on the company, but they were very nice to me whilst I was their, all staff where friendly and easy to work with.