Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

I’ve worked in 3 different Centra stores. All 3 very different. Really enjoyed my time in 2 stores, but in the third the owner treated all his staff like dirt, was a horrible experience.

Every store is different, all depending on the owner.
Do not work here if you enjoy life in any sort of way! This place will eat you apart! Stay away!!! It’s not worth it. You’ll meet some amazing people but also the worst people on this earth.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The Job
supportive workplace good place to work excellent teamwork
great management and friendly atmosphere i really enjoy my job in centra

everyone is very frendly
Une bonne ambiance, des salariés chaleureux et professionnels.
Great staff very friendly very helpful always helping the elderly shelves are always stacked floors are always clean fresh products daily great working environment
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Had none
Great staff and owners, great place to work. I got loads of experience in dealing with customers, stock and how a busy shop runs effectively. I was given lots of responsibility such as cashing up and locking up at night.
Serving and dealing with Customer queries
Stock Control making sure all out of date stock was removed from shelves and shelves

Refilled.

Cashing up at End of Shift

Locking up the Store
staff & management worked well together, I loved the social aspect of meeting people, it was a lovely environment to work in for staff and customers were a joy to meet. when I wasnt serving customers there was merchandising, cleaning, dusting and checking stock for short dates.
Pros
part-time hours were suitable
Cons
shop closing down
I have not the opportunity yet to get know with the other employees but the knowledge I had learnt was not difficult but detailed so you have to pay attention at any moment and be prepare to some not expected circumstances that the custumers or the store place may have ones a while.
i done my work experience here and i loved it. everybody was so helpful and i got along great with the staff. They all made me feel so welcome and overall i had a good experience.
Decent place to work for the money. Some management and supervisors not great. Can be fun with colleagues. Nights out occasionally for staff - drinks paid for.
challenging for staff, easy to learn and gain experience
great opportunity to work with suppliers and learn about launching new products,

no discounts for staff
Horrible manager was impossible to work for, hard to believe it was the 21st century, he was like something from Victorian Times. Was a mistake to work here, the best day of my life was the day I left.
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working there but am ready for a change as I have been there 13 years.
Very good place of work. Loved working with people .
Enjoyable environment to work in. Great staff and management. Good staff morale and responsible management who care about the employees. Good pay and clean facilities.
Loved working with centra and would love to go back working with the company...I miss it and whilst iv tired another company centra cannot be beaten..
Overall a great 10 years
i worked for two years in Centra Carnmore in the deli and it was a real eye opener. I met some incredibly hardworking people who deal superbly well under serious pressure. the deli there was busy for most of the day with large queues across the shop at peak times. Most of the customers were patient and polite thankfully although there's always one of two! I visit that same deli every week now as a customer, as I know the kitchen is incredibly clean and the food is of high quality. My manager worked just as hard as the rest of us which always makes a difference. The owner was incredibly fair and understanding with the rotas and accommodated my family commitments without fuss. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, and would have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to work.
I’ve worked in retail for ten years now, I took the job because I needed to work, I’m on 9.80 an hour! I work most weekends! Don’t get to see my husband much because I work 3-11 5 days a week, I’ve asked for my shift to be changed but they won’t! I get a half an hour break! Which is not enough! When Im on break I can be called from my break to take the till if its busy so can’t relax on my break! Hate he place
When your working under a brand name like centra uve got the owner of d store as much as u meet all the area managers briefly i dont think u get as much recognition as you should as ive worked before with private shop owners where they appreciate u that little bit more for wot u do
I have worked at centra in different positions and I would say that I have a great experience there. The team work is excellent and management is very helpful.
TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demoralising, left with no confidence, self esteem or self worth.

Broke my heart.

Dreaded going in the morning.

Hated every second of my time there.