Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews in Cork

Centra
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork22 November 2019
Very good to work for the management are good all stagg are nice. Everyone is fair and honest, fastbpace environment. Very good atmosphere in the shop at all times
Busy place to work but time flew by which was a plus.
Till Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cork4 October 2019
Worked in one of the busier Centras, It was also a petrol Station which made it extra busy but this was good as the time flew. Hours changed every week which was a bit unsettling as it was hard to plan anything. Also found it hard to go from working late to early but you get used to this. Overall found it a pleasant place to work.
not worth the hassle
Baker (Former Employee) –  Cork13 May 2019
Very busy, HUGE turn over of staff, no help to do the job.
No life/work balance, working every Saturday and most of Sunday on the top of it.
The worst work culture ever! The most incompetent management on the planet.....
Pros
overtime paid 1, 5 of hourly rate
Cons
everything
Good experience
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 June 2018
Great floor staff, difficult management.

8 hour shifts, could be morning or evening shifts. Full-time is five days a week, part-time is usually two or four days a week.

Minimum wage.

HACCP training.
Poor work place
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork9 April 2018
Very low salary for eighteen year olds, bad deli management, free lunches and free water, shifts long hours, not very organised, Roster is always late.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good training in customer service
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork29 August 2017
Good place to work to learn more about customer service, a good work ethic, and the service-industry. Teamwork, communication, and problem-solving key to success.
Fun workplace
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork22 August 2017
This type of job give you skills that help with any job, it helps you communicate with staff and customers coming into the store. Give's you a positive look on work and helps you take on the job by watching the other staff teaching or you just observing how they act and how they approach things within good reason and mannerly of course.
Pros
Good social skills
Cons
Good
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork18 October 2016
Honest good place to work, decent hours and fair pay, got on well with all the other staff and over time given more responsibilities.
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 October 2016
Fair hours staff were friendly and very helpful managers were approachable and helped with hours of time was needed off enjoyable place to work had to leave to start apprenticeship
Productive environment
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Cork20 September 2016
The day to day work done in Centra was very simple to do if the employees were trained adequately. It was a typical job in a shop which involved restocking shelves, date checking the products and cleaning the shop.
Throughout the course of the 4 years the main things that I learned were how to work with a deadline, how to train other people in to do specific tasks and how to order what was needed in the shop.
The management could be better in Centra. One of the managers is not a particularly friendly person and I feel that the high layover of staff was in fact their fault.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers. Everyone who worked there did so with a great enthusiasm and to the best of their abilities.
The hardest part of the job for me was the immense amount of cleaning that fell on the deli staff. There were 3 counters that must have been cleaned carefully and food correctly stored. And this was to be done in only 2 and a half hours. As well as this a high hygiene standard must have been kept up with put another great responsibility on the staff.
Very good opportunistic job
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork8 July 2016
Can't complain about my time here good opportunities to advance in the work place,thought me about customer service and business oppertunites in sales
Pros
Good hours, fair boss
Cons
No cons
tills
centra crosshaven (Former Employee) –  Cork21 February 2016
I worked from 9 am to 3:30 pm from monday to friday.
i learnt how to manage the tills which gave me great experience.
the hardest part of the job was when the bar code wouldnt scan throw to the till so i had to find it on the drop down menu and identify the product.
I enjoyed working and learning new things in this job.
Pros
having a job
Cons
bad hours because i have school
Extra pressure and stress
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cork, C12 June 2015
Extremely lazy management. As a supervisor you have to do all his job. I have been told that even when day off i must be ready all the time to come to work.
Lovely Food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cork13 April 2015
I worked here as part of my work experience and then continued to work for the summer then. the standard here is extremely high which is excellent to have when working with food and dealing with customers. there is a wide selection of hot and cold food. the standard of cleanliness is very high and this is one pro the deli has. all the staff are lovely and welcoming and \I really enjoyed working here.
Pros
clean
hard work but enjoyable
Deli assistant (Current Employee) –  cork18 March 2015
it is not an easy job but you learn a lot from it. there is very little staff there some people are there years. I have learnt to be patient and listen before you speak.
Cons
Very hard and bad experience
Saleswoman (Former Employee) –  Cork3 January 2015
I do not remember anything from my work place in centra for it was a very bad experience
Cons
Unfriendly people
Lee's Centra
Checkout Operator / Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork, C8 August 2014
I worked in Deli an Sales assistant operator How to operate a till I got on with management got on with co workers i really enjoyed this job meeting people
Pros
First job
Cons
Not enough work to keep me on
challenging and enjoyable
store manger (Current Employee) –  cork10 March 2013
Open store,accept in deliveries and place order before deadline for next order.Ensure day to day operational needs of the store are being met to ensure customer has an enjoyable shopping experience.As every day is different in retail i learn from new experiences every day.I am the store manager i deal with the store owner and i have a reginal mangager from musgraves too.I have two supervisiors under me. I have over 20 staff with whom i must communicate with every day to delegate tasks too and train if needed.I really enjoy my job the only problem is as store manager i have no higher position to achieve in the company and that is my reason for looking for new employment.