Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews in Limerick

Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick4 February 2018
I only worked for 2 weeks work experience so I can't offer much on the company, but they were very nice to me whilst I was their, all staff where friendly and easy to work with.
retail assistant
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick10 June 2017
from my experience in working in centra it was very positive. i found all the staff very positive in every aspect of work. i learned a lot of new things from working here e.g. working behind tills, serving customers and many more.
Pros
free lunches
Polite and understanding staff
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Limerick22 October 2016
Enjoy working and interacting with fellow staff and costumers. A Typical days work starts with signing in with your code, asking the mananger on duty what work needs to be carried out. Finish by signing out with your code
Pros
Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor job culture
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick8 January 2015
checking stock availability, merchandising and stock controlling mainly at minerals sector, working behind busy tills with excellent customers service skills which include lotto machine, till uplifts and reports, changing weekly promotions and prices, ordering products, opening and closing shop with newspapers and magazines merchandising, deli assistance, coffee machine maintenance, receiving and checking incoming stock goods, merchandising and stock controlling (rotating and checking out of date products), working with mobile barcode scanners and data collectors during stock taking, supporting customers with petrol filling and car services, maintaining car washes and other petrol station devices
summary
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Limerick, LK9 May 2014
typical day involves serving customers, checking off orders,placing orders and dealing with wastage
My Time in Centra
Cashier/Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK7 January 2014
When I started in Centra, it was a nice place, the staff were nice, and the owner was ok. I worked there for 5 years and as time went on even though the staff were nice, the owner of the store was not a nice person. They would shout at you for doing a task wrong or not doing it to the owners specification and many a time I saw staff members quit on the stop from the abuse that the owner was giving them. the owner was quite a rude person who on many occasions insulted some of the customers that came in to the store. Although I gained loads of experience from the other people there, and my floor manager was the nicest person you could ever meet, I was constantly afraid of the owner, you just didnt know when you were in their firing line!
Pros
time and a half pay on Sundays
Cons
I worked 7 days a week for 18 weeks, the horrible boss i had