Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

3.1Pay & Benefits
3.4Job Security & Advancement
Not a bad job all staff very friendly
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlow15 November 2017
Communication could be a lot better from management, more notice on the Rota for the following week would also be good we only get informed Thursday about the week starting Sunday
Pros
Discount lunch from deli
Lovely place to work with really friendly people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barnhill, Dalkey, Co. Dublin28 May 2017
Usually at tills serving customers but would get given a lot of other responsibilities such as facing off the shop, unpacking, cleaning etc. Gained a lot of people skills and communication skills. Good management. Worked with really nice people.
Enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork3 October 2016
Fair hours staff were friendly and very helpful managers were approachable and helped with hours of time was needed off enjoyable place to work had to leave to start apprenticeship
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kilbarrack, Dublin18 October 2015
Sales assistant in Centra involves working on the tills, stacking shelves, cleaning floors, cleaning stock rooms, customer service. I learnt a lot from this job as it was my first full time job. Hardest part of the job was juggling hours with college, Now that I am taking a year out of college it will be a lot easier to work more hours without the problem of fitting the hours in with regard to college.
Pros
Valuable lessons learnt as was first proper full-time job.
Cons
Interference with college
Profit driven and eduacational
Cashier/ sales assistant/ managerial role (Current Employee) –  Cavan9 September 2013
During my time in Centra I developed many skills such as good communication and interpersonal skills as I was dealing with customers first hand and also had to work as a team with my co workers. I developed good leadership skills as I was often left in the managerial position when the managers were absent from the store. These duties required me to motivate staff and deal with customer complaints as well as ensuring exceptional store standards and the driving of sales. I was often left with the responsibility of opening and closing the shop on weekends. The most enjoyable part of the job was having responsibility and been able to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
Meeting people and having my own responsibility
Cons
not very sociable hours
Good location
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D22 July 2013
- a typical day at work: customer services
- I did not learn anything new
- Management not very good
-Coworkers were fine and helpful
- It was not a difficult job
- customer services,cash operated, Lotto Machine Operator

Pros
good location
Cons
not enough hours and low wages