Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Busy
Early starts in the deli,very fast paced, cant stop for a min or you'll fall behind,fair to work for,the centra i worked for they we're a good bunch of people there,overall i enjoyed it but a lot of hard work for the wages.
Cons
Poor wages
incredibly busy but the hours went very quickly
i worked for two years in Centra Carnmore in the deli and it was a real eye opener. I met some incredibly hardworking people who deal superbly well under serious pressure. the deli there was busy for most of the day with large queues across the shop at peak times. Most of the customers were patient and polite thankfully although there's always one of two! I visit that same deli every week now as a customer, as I know the kitchen is incredibly clean and the food is of high quality. My manager worked just as hard as the rest of us which always makes a difference. The owner was incredibly fair and understanding with the rotas and accommodated my family commitments without fuss. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, and would have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to work.
Nightmare!!!
TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Demoralising, left with no confidence, self esteem or self worth.

Broke my heart.

Dreaded going in the morning.

Hated every second of my time there.
Would not work here again
Absolutely horrible work place, would not advise working here the staff are horrible to you and horrible management they just think about there self and treat staff horrible.
Centra
Very good to work for the management are good all stagg are nice. Everyone is fair and honest, fastbpace environment. Very good atmosphere in the shop at all times
enjoyable and understanding workplace
centra in bray is an enjoyable place to work where you will meet a wide range of both co-workers and staff.

while it is sometimes hard to get a lot of hours if you are part time they are more than willing to work around other responsibilities like children or university.

the hardest part of the job on the deli was keeping a fast pace during rush hour where we had to serve the abundance of customers at a fast pace as well as keeping up with anything that was cooking and any deliveries that came in.

the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with so many different people and making great friends through co-workers and customers at centra you could find a friend in any staff member that is always more than happy to help when needed.
Pros
discounted lunches, flexible management
Cons
not much advancement opportunity
Busy
This deli can be very busy. There is always something to do. Other staff are friendly and helpful. Everyone is nice including staff outside the deli..
Toxic enviroment
The work culture in the place is very bad. Management barely looks at your face, don't even say good morning. You are treated as a mere worker, you are there to get the job done, and don't expect to receive thanks for anything instead you get a lot of criticisms.
Somehow you can get some flexibility, especially if you are a good employee. They do give you full time hours and pay on time.
Pros
free 4 euro roll and a coffee
Cons
bad environment
You are always working when you work with centra. Everyone is very friendly and will help you every step of the way once you start working. The customers are fantastic and very patient if you run into any trouble.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Tedious
Productive and fun place
The community is very friendly,work is very productive and the money is great for a student who wants to start working. I would recommend Centra for a summer job before anywhere else
Pros
Free lunch
Good experience
Great floor staff, difficult management.

8 hour shifts, could be morning or evening shifts. Full-time is five days a week, part-time is usually two or four days a week.

Minimum wage.

HACCP training.
Busy. Loads to do. Met interesting people
Been with centra a long while. Really suitable hours if you have kids.. management are very hard working and expect the same from all their staff.
I've worked with some great people and still do.

If your willing to work hard and enjoy meeting people you can't go wrong.
Pros
Discount after 6 month's
Cons
No free lunches
Poor work place
Very low salary for eighteen year olds, bad deli management, free lunches and free water, shifts long hours, not very organised, Roster is always late.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Provide and good place to work
It was a good place to start my professional life in Ireland.
I was dealing with the customers, also dealing with amazing friendly colleagues.

With a good manager and very helpful staff.

I enjoyed every single day working in that place.
Never had to worry about loosing my job
great stability
good work conditions

well covered regards to injury on site

good friendly environment to work in

management will listen to issues and do best to accommodate
Pros
stability
Cons
pay
Fun workplace
This type of job give you skills that help with any job, it helps you communicate with staff and customers coming into the store. Give's you a positive look on work and helps you take on the job by watching the other staff teaching or you just observing how they act and how they approach things within good reason and mannerly of course.
Pros
Good social skills
Productive and enjoyable
It was a busy work environment, I liked this because I like to be working hard while at my job. I liked everyone I worked with and would always want to help them any time I could.
Love to work at centra
People menagment are very helpful-pleasure to work with costumers-learned to give my best every single day to be plesent and smiley-team work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Tension and hard to endure.
The job itself was great i got to learn great costumer service and how to deal with difficult costumers. The management was extremely difficult to work with always putting me and my co workers down when i started till when i finished 3 co workers finished. it was a good summer job.
Pros
good pay.
Cons
not enough hours.
Productive environment
The day to day work done in Centra was very simple to do if the employees were trained adequately. It was a typical job in a shop which involved restocking shelves, date checking the products and cleaning the shop.
Throughout the course of the 4 years the main things that I learned were how to work with a deadline, how to train other people in to do specific tasks and how to order what was needed in the shop.

The management could be better in Centra. One of the managers is not a particularly friendly person and I feel that the high layover of staff was in fact their fault.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers. Everyone who worked there did so with a great enthusiasm and to the best of their abilities.

The hardest part of the job for me was the immense amount of cleaning that fell on the deli staff. There were 3 counters that must have been cleaned carefully and food correctly stored. And this was to be done in only 2 and a half hours. As well as this a high hygiene standard must have been kept up with put another great responsibility on the staff.
deli and sales assistant
tills and deli experience
good place to work

long hours though

co workers are great also

working on tills

dealing with customers

opening and closing deli

working under pressure
Pros
staff dicounts