Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Deli Associate

Face paced environment that can be stressful but then overall experience and team was comfortable place to work. I would recommend it for someone starting off in employment or college students as it can help contribute towards fees .
Pros
Free tea
Cons
No Sunday pay increases
Truly the most dreadful place I have ever worked, lack of training and support. Poor management with no people skills, poor health and safety and high staff turnover.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, poor organisation and management
Working in Centra can have both pros and cons. I do feel that the area associated with management could be improved I.e. a more fair and approachable team of management in which will make the employees feel more relaxed within the workplace.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Was paid well under minimum wage and had to fight for my money, owner treated us like dirt and had no respect for anyone, made me scrub her toilets every week in my deli uniform ,fast employee turnover. Would not recommend.
Pros
Made nice friends
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work, always something different each day , meeting different people , always keep busy , very rare it was a slow day , was made feel part of a team from day one amazing people to work with
I have not the opportunity yet to get know with the other employees but the knowledge I had learnt was not difficult but detailed so you have to pay attention at any moment and be prepare to some not expected circumstances that the custumers or the store place may have ones a while.
i done my work experience here and i loved it. everybody was so helpful and i got along great with the staff. They all made me feel so welcome and overall i had a good experience.
Decent place to work for the money. Some management and supervisors not great. Can be fun with colleagues. Nights out occasionally for staff - drinks paid for.
i worked for two years in Centra Carnmore in the deli and it was a real eye opener. I met some incredibly hardworking people who deal superbly well under serious pressure. the deli there was busy for most of the day with large queues across the shop at peak times. Most of the customers were patient and polite thankfully although there's always one of two! I visit that same deli every week now as a customer, as I know the kitchen is incredibly clean and the food is of high quality. My manager worked just as hard as the rest of us which always makes a difference. The owner was incredibly fair and understanding with the rotas and accommodated my family commitments without fuss. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there, and would have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to work.
TOXIC TOXIC TOXIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Demoralising, left with no confidence, self esteem or self worth. Broke my heart. Dreaded going in the morning. Hated every second of my time there.
Absolutely horrible work place, would not advise working here the staff are horrible to you and horrible management they just think about there self and treat staff horrible.
Very good to work for the management are good all stagg are nice. Everyone is fair and honest, fastbpace environment. Very good atmosphere in the shop at all times
Early starts in the deli,very fast paced, cant stop for a min or you'll fall behind,fair to work for,the centra i worked for they we're a good bunch of people there,overall i enjoyed it but a lot of hard work for the wages.
Cons
Poor wages
centra in bray is an enjoyable place to work where you will meet a wide range of both co-workers and staff. while it is sometimes hard to get a lot of hours if you are part time they are more than willing to work around other responsibilities like children or university. the hardest part of the job on the deli was keeping a fast pace during rush hour where we had to serve the abundance of customers at a fast pace as well as keeping up with anything that was cooking and any deliveries that came in. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with so many different people and making great friends through co-workers and customers at centra you could find a friend in any staff member that is always more than happy to help when needed.
Pros
discounted lunches, flexible management
Cons
not much advancement opportunity
This deli can be very busy. There is always something to do. Other staff are friendly and helpful. Everyone is nice including staff outside the deli..
The work culture in the place is very bad. Management barely looks at your face, don't even say good morning. You are treated as a mere worker, you are there to get the job done, and don't expect to receive thanks for anything instead you get a lot of criticisms. Somehow you can get some flexibility, especially if you are a good employee. They do give you full time hours and pay on time.
Pros
free 4 euro roll and a coffee
Cons
bad environment
You are always working when you work with centra. Everyone is very friendly and will help you every step of the way once you start working. The customers are fantastic and very patient if you run into any trouble.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Tedious
The community is very friendly,work is very productive and the money is great for a student who wants to start working. I would recommend Centra for a summer job before anywhere else
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great floor staff, difficult management. 8 hour shifts, could be morning or evening shifts. Full-time is five days a week, part-time is usually two or four days a week. Minimum wage. HACCP training.
Been with centra a long while. Really suitable hours if you have kids.. management are very hard working and expect the same from all their staff. I've worked with some great people and still do. If your willing to work hard and enjoy meeting people you can't go wrong.
Pros
Discount after 6 month's
Cons
No free lunches
Very low salary for eighteen year olds, bad deli management, free lunches and free water, shifts long hours, not very organised, Roster is always late.
Pros
Free lunches