Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Floor Staff

I worked on the floor so when a delivery came in the morning I would help the other staff take them in and stock them. We would also have to put what wasnt needed on the shelfs upstairs in the stock room.
Great staff and owners, great place to work. I got loads of experience in dealing with customers, stock and how a busy shop runs effectively. I was given lots of responsibility such as cashing up and locking up at night.
A typical day at centra involved me stocking shelves, stock rotation, making sure the store was kept tidy etc. I also would help with customers in the shop.
Pros
Beside homeplace, so convient for travel
Cons
Not enough hours
In have completed work experience in Centra and it has been a very poritive experience for me where I have leant many new skills.
Enjoy working and interacting with fellow staff and costumers. A Typical days work starts with signing in with your code, asking the mananger on duty what work needs to be carried out. Finish by signing out with your code
Pros
Staff
Cons
Not enough hours
I would work 7 hours from morning until day, I learned how to work a till, co-workers were all very friendly and helpful, the hardest part of the job was probably the till when it was busy, most enjoyable part of the job was stacking shelves as there was no rush.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Overall my time there in Centra was enjoyable. As I was only on work experience I didn't get paid so I can't comment on the salary. The staff were all kind,generous and helpful. Usually I swept the floors,Stacked shelves and help bring in deliveries.
Pros
An hour break
Cons
Centra Stores offers everyday Good-value-products to its customers. Maintains cleanliness and the staff are helpful. The management is fair and just to its employees. Co workers are fun and enjoyable and happy to work with.
It was a fantastic life experience which helped me improve my communication and mentality it was a fun energetic atmosphere and was very proffesional enviorment in doing our job.
Pros
Great for improving your communication
Cons
i loved driving the tractor and having all the responsibilties to myself
Pros
i loved farming
Cons
i dont have any
A typical day at work for me was arriving at 9 sharp and finishing at 5. My day consisted of lugging large amounts of produce up and down stairs and working in a very unsafe inventory room where produce was regularly hanging off shelves ready to fall over. While working in the shop the staff basically disregarded me as I was only on work experience. Of course I wasn't guaranteed any form of compensation for working as it was only work experience but a little would have been nice as I was recognized by some of the employees as working harder than some full time staff but at the end I was merely waved off by the manager with nothing to show.
Pros
Employee discount on in store purchases
Cons
Very hard work, unfriendly staff, long hours for work given