Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Enjoyable environment to work in. Great staff and management. Good staff morale and responsible management who care about the employees. Good pay and clean facilities.
Do not work here if you enjoy life in any sort of way! This place will eat you apart! Stay away!!! It’s not worth it. You’ll meet some amazing people but also the worst people on this earth.
Pros
The staff
Cons
The Job
supportive workplace good place to work excellent teamwork great management and friendly atmosphere i really enjoy my job in centra everyone is very frendly
Great staff very friendly very helpful always helping the elderly shelves are always stacked floors are always clean fresh products daily great working environment
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Had none
I’ve worked in retail for ten years now, I took the job because I needed to work, I’m on 9.80 an hour! I work most weekends! Don’t get to see my husband much because I work 3-11 5 days a week, I’ve asked for my shift to be changed but they won’t! I get a half an hour break! Which is not enough! When Im on break I can be called from my break to take the till if its busy so can’t relax on my break! Hate he place
Managers behaviousr to employees and customers are unacceptable and organization is awful. Roster changes are terrible too. There is no communication between manager and staff. Terrible place to work and shop.
The branch I'm at has its ups and downs. There were a lot of issues (some questionable legal issues such as making staff members pay for drive-offs... has been resolved but after a lot of lash back) I love the staff and supervisors I work with, the manager is okay too and good with giving time off if we need it, good also when we ask for a specific role or time to work. The owner, however, isn't good with communicating with employees and doesn't listen to the feedback we give about some issues.
Pros
Other staff, time flexibility
Cons
The staff paying for fuel issue, feedback feels like it's not really listened to
working with centra was a pleasure. Centra was very fun and creative i find centra good place to work at. its good salary and nice people to work with
Good for part-time work if you are studying or in college. The staff is great but that's about it. Typical retail work. Always pushed to do better. It's a good place to start out.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not great pay
Management are horrible , always nagging and creating needless jobs to do , treat people unfairly and generally create an unpleasant working environment. Confiscate people's personal belongings but don't provide a safe place for staff to store their items. Often illegal shift times eg finishing at 10:30pm and being back in at 7am. Roster comes out on a Sunday night and you could be in Monday morning which is ridiculous in my opinion. Minimum wage and most of the time they get your wages wrong anyway and it has to be corrected. Overall an extremely poor place to work and would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Absolutely lovely and friendly floor staff
Cons
Everything else
I working in centra for a good while then I fell pregnant An moved An had no travel to Dublin .. but I working there 40 hours a week an really enjoyed my time there
Pros
Lunches
A great place to learn about costumer service. The management could get some knowledge how to keep motivating their staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning every single day how to treat people well.
Having worked in Centra for a few years now ive come to realize that I love working with people, whether it be a regular customer or just somebody passing through the village. It gives you a sense of accomplishment when you can help out somebody who might not be able to do it for themselves or just want to spend those extra few minutes talking to somebody.
Pros
Meeting people, helping others
Cons
Bad Atmosphere, lack of benefits, no advancement
The job is easy, but your own security isn't. I like the morning shifts, which someone would find bad, but for me, that hasn't been a problem. So in the end, I am not really sure.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Shifts
I only worked for 2 weeks work experience so I can't offer much on the company, but they were very nice to me whilst I was their, all staff where friendly and easy to work with.
This job helped me a lot to improve my English skills and to fall in love with Ireland and Irish culture. After the summer that I spent here I understood that Dublin is my place and that is why I want to come here and to establish my future .
bad management at monahans and sons centra tuam road blackmails for doing night shifts if you refuse they reduce your hours. ted the manager at centra for years. no oportunity for advancement.
Pros
vast experience
Cons
no oportunity for advancement. bad management
i work 3 days a week on min wage it just about pays my bills what more is there to be said, apart from standing for 8 hours so i go home with swolen legs, there are no staff discounts but its a wonderful place to work
Pros
no pros
Cons
standing for 8 hours with nowhere to sit so i go home with swolen legs
- A bit stressing. - Learnt how to manage time and money - The management is a bit messy - Workplace Culture, is good. - The hardest part of the job was the pressure that they put on you, is little bit overboard. - I enjoyed a lot the people i worked with.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management and low payment
Stayed for just 2 weeks. Didn't like. Very fast-paced environment with almost zero training. They don't even told me about the company policies like breaks or shifts.
Pros
Experience at the tills
Cons
No recognition of your effort
The management in the centra I work in is really tough. I love the job I do but here is no progress for me in where I am. I place orders and I am left in charge of other staff members but I am not for some reason being promoted and given a title.
Pros
Local to my home
Cons
Fully charged for lunches, boss never positive always negative