Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Working under a brand so no direct with the proper bosses dont get recognised for the work you do
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin 513 December 2019
When your working under a brand name like centra uve got the owner of d store as much as u meet all the area managers briefly i dont think u get as much recognition as you should as ive worked before with private shop owners where they appreciate u that little bit more for wot u do
Friendly atmosphere
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford2 September 2019
Very friendly staff, very helpful too.
The work load is very manageable. Management were very polite and always willing to assist you whenever necessary
Good
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Co. Sligo29 August 2019
Good to work for. Nice staff and very well organised and they really appreciate everything you so. Always paid ya on time. Nice atmosphere too. Hard work aswell.
Don't work here
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin3 August 2019
No discounts or lunches, lack of training, management forces you to work till close after midnight but time sheets will have rosters put untill 11:59 so that they don't need to pay you a higher rate past midnight. Management are awful. These are only a few examples of the worst 6 months I've ever worked. Oh yeah, be prepared to work Christmas day.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown Bridge, County Kildare20 June 2019
they care about your flexibility of working and will work around your personal life. they are very understanding and are very communicative with you aswell.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Local and routine based job
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ballinagh, County Cavan6 December 2018
I enjoyed my years in centra on the shop floor but the management in the deli were nothing more than bullies who unfortunately force out most staff who are transferred to that department.
Pros
Shop floor is friendly and fun
Cons
Bullying unaddressed by boss, cold work environment, little help with heavy lifting.
Fun and friendly envoirment to workk in
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birr, County Offaly14 November 2018
A typical days work would include starting at 8:00 am and finishing at 5:00pm , that was my shift , I would start by talking all new deliveres to the storage room and preparing them to go on the shelfs, then I would deliver all he ingredients the deli would need , I wouLd then do a few hours on till work and helping coustomers with task's around the shop such as lifting a heavy load of shopping to a car for an elderly person.
Pros
free lunches
Productive workplace
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blanchardstown, County Dublin28 August 2018
Was a great place to work and both managers were very approachable with any issues. It was always busy therefore there were always things to be done. Very content with my experience here.
Comfortable working enviroment
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunleer, County Louth21 July 2018
To work in Centra is great as my co-workers are friendly and helpful.
My supervisors are very considerate and were great helping me get started off in March. By working in Centra I learned communication skills by communicating with my co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job was getting started. It took some time before i got used to the routine but now I know my roles and routines and everything flows well in a typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to chat with people I work with and customers while I am working.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rosslare, County Wexford3 July 2018
It was good to get the experience to work in Centra. Lovely and friendly co-workers and management team. It was great to get the skills in customer service and working behind a till.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cahersiveen, County Kerry4 June 2018
Really enjoy working in this shop for the last few years. It has helped me understand how to deal and manage with peoples preferences and also how to deal with situations that I have never found myself in before. Always provided a welcoming workplace.
A fun and productive work placement.
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Drogheda, County Louth9 March 2018
Ciggy breaks, honest assistants, I only worked here for 5/6 months doing work experience but it was a great experience and would look to go back to working here in the future.
Pros
free tea
Cons
short hours
Good work experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilmuckridge Gorey Co.Wexford13 November 2017
The staff where friendly and helpful they had a lot of jobs but I didn't mind doing them it was a great work experience I learned a lot from them the hours where a little long but I didn't mind doing them
Pros
Treatment was good
Cons
Hours where long
Good training in customer service
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork29 August 2017
Good place to work to learn more about customer service, a good work ethic, and the service-industry. Teamwork, communication, and problem-solving key to success.
fun place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Waterford29 June 2017
very fun place to work and everyone is very nice and friendly and I made a lot of friends working hear. the work is relatively easy and management is easy going.
Fun workplace
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ennis, County Clare14 April 2017
There was a good vibe in the workplace where I became good friends with my colleagues.

My typical work day would include working in the petrol hunt, on the cashier, taking in deliveries and dealing with customers.

I've been very loyal to my employer, working there over 7 years and now I'm ready for a new opportunity.
Pros
Team bonding
Cons
No opportunity to progress
fantastic place
Cash Office/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin31 March 2017
fantastic managers and staff members to work with. really enjoyed my time with them. very busy place all the time. great atmosphere with excellent Director(owner).
Pros
cheaper lunch
It was great fun
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 March 2017
I made loads of friends , the other workers were friendly got along easily. They made me feel comfortable around them even thought they didn't know me well . Would recommend anyone to work there
Good
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cork18 October 2016
Honest good place to work, decent hours and fair pay, got on well with all the other staff and over time given more responsibilities.
Great place to work, good management.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballyfermot, County Dublin11 July 2016
Everyone easy to get along with, its under great management, great workers and a very pleasant place to work. Always very lively and your never idle, there's always something to do.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centra Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.