Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Thoroughly enjoyed my time working there but am ready for a change as I have been there 13 years. Very good place of work. Loved working with people .
Don't go looking for anything special. You will not be looked after and have difficulty getting any holidays as you can book them well in advance and still be put on rota for when time was requested off. If you want to keep your mental health Avoid at all costs as you will be torn down and given out to for everything, including for stuff out of your control or even when you're not in but if you try to defend yourself will get given out to.
Pros
It's a wage
Cons
Everything else
Working with Centra has allowed me to gain many different skills and learn qualities I never knew I had. Centra is a very positive part time Job to begin your carrier. I am currently in college and work during weekends and holidays and it allows me to study for my degree while making money for myself. I love working with both my fellow staff members and most importantly the public. A big part I love about my job is being able to interact and meet new people daily, provide a great shopping experience for each customer and also being able to help with any problems a customer may have. Over all working with Centra is a great job and I enjoy my time even more each day I work.
Pros
Team work skills
Cons
Competitive hours
staff & management worked well together, I loved the social aspect of meeting people, it was a lovely environment to work in for staff and customers were a joy to meet. when I wasnt serving customers there was merchandising, cleaning, dusting and checking stock for short dates.
Pros
part-time hours were suitable
Cons
shop closing down
When your working under a brand name like centra uve got the owner of d store as much as u meet all the area managers briefly i dont think u get as much recognition as you should as ive worked before with private shop owners where they appreciate u that little bit more for wot u do
Very friendly staff, very helpful too. The work load is very manageable. Management were very polite and always willing to assist you whenever necessary
Good to work for. Nice staff and very well organised and they really appreciate everything you so. Always paid ya on time. Nice atmosphere too. Hard work aswell.
No discounts or lunches, lack of training, management forces you to work till close after midnight but time sheets will have rosters put untill 11:59 so that they don't need to pay you a higher rate past midnight. Management are awful. These are only a few examples of the worst 6 months I've ever worked. Oh yeah, be prepared to work Christmas day.
they care about your flexibility of working and will work around your personal life. they are very understanding and are very communicative with you aswell.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Centra Ireland?
I enjoyed my years in centra on the shop floor but the management in the deli were nothing more than bullies who unfortunately force out most staff who are transferred to that department.
Pros
Shop floor is friendly and fun
Cons
Bullying unaddressed by boss, cold work environment, little help with heavy lifting.
A typical days work would include starting at 8:00 am and finishing at 5:00pm , that was my shift , I would start by talking all new deliveres to the storage room and preparing them to go on the shelfs, then I would deliver all he ingredients the deli would need , I wouLd then do a few hours on till work and helping coustomers with task's around the shop such as lifting a heavy load of shopping to a car for an elderly person.
Pros
free lunches
Was a great place to work and both managers were very approachable with any issues. It was always busy therefore there were always things to be done. Very content with my experience here.
To work in Centra is great as my co-workers are friendly and helpful. My supervisors are very considerate and were great helping me get started off in March. By working in Centra I learned communication skills by communicating with my co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job was getting started. It took some time before i got used to the routine but now I know my roles and routines and everything flows well in a typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to chat with people I work with and customers while I am working.
It was good to get the experience to work in Centra. Lovely and friendly co-workers and management team. It was great to get the skills in customer service and working behind a till.
Really enjoy working in this shop for the last few years. It has helped me understand how to deal and manage with peoples preferences and also how to deal with situations that I have never found myself in before. Always provided a welcoming workplace.
Ciggy breaks, honest assistants, I only worked here for 5/6 months doing work experience but it was a great experience and would look to go back to working here in the future.
Pros
free tea
Cons
short hours
The staff where friendly and helpful they had a lot of jobs but I didn't mind doing them it was a great work experience I learned a lot from them the hours where a little long but I didn't mind doing them
Pros
Treatment was good
Cons
Hours where long
Good place to work to learn more about customer service, a good work ethic, and the service-industry. Teamwork, communication, and problem-solving key to success.
very fun place to work and everyone is very nice and friendly and I made a lot of friends working hear. the work is relatively easy and management is easy going.
There was a good vibe in the workplace where I became good friends with my colleagues. My typical work day would include working in the petrol hunt, on the cashier, taking in deliveries and dealing with customers. I've been very loyal to my employer, working there over 7 years and now I'm ready for a new opportunity.
Pros
Team bonding
Cons
No opportunity to progress
I made loads of friends , the other workers were friendly got along easily. They made me feel comfortable around them even thought they didn't know me well . Would recommend anyone to work there