Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Shop Assistant41 reviews
Ireland41 reviews
Enjoyed my time there
Thoroughly enjoyed my time working there but am ready for a change as I have been there 13 years.
Very good place of work. Loved working with people .
Great place to work, good management.
Everyone easy to get along with, its under great management, great workers and a very pleasant place to work. Always very lively and your never idle, there's always something to do.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
no cons.
Very good opportunistic job
Can't complain about my time here good opportunities to advance in the work place,thought me about customer service and business oppertunites in sales
Pros
Good hours, fair boss
Cons
No cons
Friendly working environment
Very friendly co-workers. Went through quite a few managers while I was there but all were dedicated and fair. Tasks included working on the checkout and packing shelves and packing deliveries.
fun workplace
fun workplace, great staff, great management. enjoyed my time there, staff was very helpful. the hardest part of the job was the long hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and working independently
Pros
learning experiences
Cons
productive fun place to work
good place to work very friendly atmosphere.got on really well with the staff and it was enjoyable work. the hardest part of the job was the deli but other then that i enjoyed it.
Pros
free lunches
work life
i put out out the sunday papers. i put out the milk. i tidy the shop. i get on with everyone. i only do three hours a week. i use the tills for two years.
good
worked for only few weeks and was very much new to the place..it was quite good...staff were quite helpful in understanding retail market and its functions
Pros
near by location
Job is a job
Work is a work, of course work has to be done.
i have learnt talk with people, precised my English language, responsibilities, Ordering stock, stock rotation, HACCP, goods inwards, Work on computer with Posters and other Important software. Hardest part in that work is carrying alot of stock in short time, but most enjoyable part in that job for me was cooking hot food for deli counter. Overall, first 2 - 3 years was Great, but the working hours dramaticaly has dropped, so i dont make enough money for living. Co-workers attitude also has changed for each other, anyway i lost interest working in there and i really fancy a change.
Pros
Cons
none also..
Nice place to improve my english
I always arrive 5 minutes before my shift starts, and then I go to the till to serve the customers. At the same time I check the stock, expire dates of the products and keep the cleanness of the store. After half hour I start doing the rubish (I take away all the recicle and general waste rubish of the store). Then I pack some products if we don't have enough on the shelves. After that I continue serving customers on the till. In the middle of the evening shift I pack all the drinks and do the cleaning of the deposit. Sometimes I have to work on the Deli, just to cover my colleagues on break. We have minimal duties at the end of the shift, like cleaning the coffee machine and swiping and moping the general floor. All the time we check that the products are faced off
Pros
Flexible, any time that i needed to travel I never had a problem.
Cons
Dealing with drunk people sometimes and junkies. I use to do more duties than I'm paid for, and for a minimun salary
I started my retail life and learned
This place i also loved dealing with customers helping them
I also learned how to stock take count till at the end of the day
Pros
30 min break
Cons
I was close to my family had not had to go far to see them
Dealing with public
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public.
Pros
Cons
No christmas bonus
very enjoyable
I started work at 9:00 every saturday, it would always be a hard but productive day. I learned the basics of hygene managment, stock rotation and stock checking. The managment was very helpful and allowed me to learn many things. my co-workers were always very friendly and social they all helped me throughout my time at Centra. The hardest part was the commute to Centra as it was quite difficult and expensive. The best part was the good pay and the fact that it was very socialable and i made new friends
Pros
Great hours, good pay, positive atmosphere
Cons
Was difficult to travel there
Has helped me through my first year of college nice place to work
a typical day at work includes working on the deli and afterwards packing out the floor and facing of. what iv learned from work is that customer satisfaction is number one and also being friendly and helpful is number one priority. management and co workers are very easy to get along with. the hardest part of my job is getting everything done on time as there is a time schedule for each item to be done and finished for. the most enjoyable part of my job is getting to know people and making a difference in your shop.
Pros
The people i work with are very nice to work with and helpful.
Cons
hours not suitable for college
Productive workplace
My typical day would to arrive at about 10:30am and finish at 2:00pm. I would arrive and ask what i would have to do and i would then be told whether to work on the till for the day or help stack selves with new merchandise. Then I would go and complete this job for the day, you would always be busy working in a shop as many customers come in every few minutes. I would then clean if asked. I would then have my break and come back around 1:30pm. and then have a half an hour helping stack shelves or clean around the shop. The co workers were so sociable and really nice people.
great place to work
i carried out all my duties of ordering, stock control, serving customers, checking in deliveries and handling of cash floats for tills.At my time in Centra i learned alot about the running of the store and enjoyed it too the full.management were very helpful and were there if needed guidance . worked as part of a team we all pulled together to provide a friendly, pleasant atmosphere for our customers to shop in. the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new faces and being helpfull to those that asked for my help.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
shop assistant
duties were restocking shelves, rotating stock, good customer service and working as a team
Pros
good place to work
Cons
part time
only ok.
hard working day,long hours,only 15-minutes brake after 9 hours work from 6 in the morrning.....end more
Pros
free sandwiches end drinc
Cons
long day
Competitive and pleasant workplace
Pleasant workplace staff very helpful yet competitive. Worked on till to gain experience in this field, absolutely loved it. Learned everything about shop work in a short time, from till to checking shelves making sure products were in date, clean shelves, check temperatures in fridge's, helped out in deli when needed,
Management were very helpful and patient.

Co-Workers were very helpful and efficient and friendly.

hardest part of job was standing all day. Most enjoyable part of job was learning how to do till, loved it, as you were meeting people every day.
Pros
Didnt have far to travel to work!
Cons
Standing all day
small shop in Mayo
When I worked in Centra I could be in the Deli, on the Floor doing stock or on the tills.
working in centra
i worked on the till and stacked shelves. i learned to be friendly to all customers. the hardest part of the job was the unpredictable working hours. The nicest part was interacting with customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks