Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Worked in one of the busier Centras, It was also a petrol Station which made it extra busy but this was good as the time flew. Hours changed every week which was a bit unsettling as it was hard to plan anything. Also found it hard to go from working late to early but you get used to this. Overall found it a pleasant place to work.
It was great working for centra because I found the hours very convenient for myself. 8-4 for everyday and the options where there for extra hours....
customer focused job. working with the public can be challenging but rewarding. you get to know some really nice people.
Pros
start early and finish early
Cons
no communication in the work place. not enjoyable.
fun workplace to work with the staff. A typical day at work is to manage the shop and take care of the shop while make sure the shop shelves are fully stocked and presentable.
Centra is a very good place to work You meet different kind of people every day and gain more experience in customer service and at the same time deliver yourself from the shyness. Being a team leader in Centra has been a great benefit for me as i am training staff on a daily basis as well as increasing my knowledge at the same time.. Over the last couple of years there had been many change in my place of work as staffs are leaving on short notice and new system has been implemented in our shop and we had to work extra hours for a short while..but that didn't bother me at all as i like to work and accept new challenges..
Pros
Very Good, flexible and kind Owner
typical day at work was going in at 2 and doing the dockets from all the delivery's that came in during the morning. the management in the shop was great during the time i was there. all the co-workers where great. made some great fiends during my time with them all.
That was great experience in my life. I have learn a lot. Management was very kind and helpful. I was also part of management and all employee was very helpful. You will get very friendly environment there.
A typical day at work for me would involve opening the shop in the morning and get the tills ready for the day ahead after I organise this I would do the cash office. After iv finished in the office I would more or less be on the shop floor and newsagents making orders and supervising the staff merchandise. Also making sure there's labels on all products and price changes. Dealing with customers and reps on a daily basis . Iv learned a lot working with the McHugh group including - Cash office price changes opening and closing Ambient and Chill orders I enjoy my job and I feel I have excellent communication and people skills which I think helps me a lot . My co-workers are friendly and we get on good as a team insuring the standard of the shop is kept . The most enjoyable part off my job would be learning new things and gaining more responsibility.
Pros
the people i work with are great
Cons
The are in which i work
Vile working in centra i had the opportunity to improve my experience in the retail and food health and safety section.A typical day in my job would start of with changing new tills and look after the shift changes, or opening the shop.Depending on my work hours, during the shift its my responsibility that the shop floor is fully stocked and in representable condition at all times .I always enjoyed working in customer service and retail because i would consider my self as very social person and its important to me to be around people and be able to help them.
Pros
good work enviorment and colleague
Cons
location as i life in the citycenter d 3 and work in dun laoghaire