Centra Ireland
Centra Ireland Employee Review

lovely place to work

12 March 2020
staff & management worked well together, I loved the social aspect of meeting people, it was a lovely environment to work in for staff and customers were a joy to meet. when I wasnt serving customers there was merchandising, cleaning, dusting and checking stock for short dates.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
part-time hours were suitable
Cons
shop closing down
29 October 2020
Same role
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) - Ballyshannon, County Donegal
Don't go looking for anything special. You will not be looked after and have difficulty getting any holidays as you can book them well in advance and still be put on rota for when time was requested off. If you want to keep your mental health Avoid at all costs as you will be torn down and given out to for everything, including for stuff out of your control or even when you're not in but if you try to defend yourself will get given out to.
Pros
It's a wage
Cons
Everything else
1 September 2020
Same role
Shop Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) - Tipperary
Working with Centra has allowed me to gain many different skills and learn qualities I never knew I had. Centra is a very positive part time Job to begin your carrier. I am currently in college and work during weekends and holidays and it allows me to study for my degree while making money for myself. I love working with both my fellow staff members and most importantly the public. A big part I love about my job is being able to interact and meet new people daily, provide a great shopping experience for each customer and also being able to help with any problems a customer may have. Over all working with Centra is a great job and I enjoy my time even more each day I work.
Pros
Team work skills
Cons
Competitive hours
6 August 2020
Same location
Sales Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) - Cork
Worked to the bone, money taken from you every week with no explanation, very dangerous working conditions, having to deal with drunk and drugged up people late at night with no security, no benefits, long hours, nice coworkers but supervisors were lazy and not helpful