Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillorgan, County Dublin3 August 2019
No discounts or lunches, lack of training, management forces you to work till close after midnight but time sheets will have rosters put untill 11:59 so that they don't need to pay you a higher rate past midnight. Management are awful. These are only a few examples of the worst 6 months I've ever worked. Oh yeah, be prepared to work Christmas day.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saggart, County Dublin22 July 2019
An excellent place to work and gain experience while in college. I have learned a lot about working with a team and also training new employees while working here.
Horrible place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boghall bray14 July 2019
No training given by manager mostly trained in by other staff and then being told by your manager your not quick enough.certain people get monthly reviews depending on if your liked by the manager. They really need to forcous on their managers not the retail staff not a nice place to work unless you want your confidence sharred
Pros
Cons
Horrible shifts
Toxic enviroment
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin10 July 2019
The work culture in the place is very bad. Management barely looks at your face, don't even say good morning. You are treated as a mere worker, you are there to get the job done, and don't expect to receive thanks for anything instead you get a lot of criticisms.
Somehow you can get some flexibility, especially if you are a good employee. They do give you full time hours and pay on time.
Pros
free 4 euro roll and a coffee
Cons
bad environment
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstown Bridge, County Kildare20 June 2019
they care about your flexibility of working and will work around your personal life. they are very understanding and are very communicative with you aswell.
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
not guaranteed hours
Great place to work.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lismore, County Waterford19 June 2019
Sad that I only worked there for work experience because I loved the staff there. So welcoming and friendly. The management were wonderful and always ready to lend a hand.
Your typical sales job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kildorrery, County Cork11 June 2019
The branch I'm at has its ups and downs. There were a lot of issues (some questionable legal issues such as making staff members pay for drive-offs... has been resolved but after a lot of lash back)

I love the staff and supervisors I work with, the manager is okay too and good with giving time off if we need it, good also when we ask for a specific role or time to work.

The owner, however, isn't good with communicating with employees and doesn't listen to the feedback we give about some issues.
Pros
Other staff, time flexibility
Cons
The staff paying for fuel issue, feedback feels like it's not really listened to
nice environment and fun workplace
Stock Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 June 2019
Starting of i was very nervous but shortly i learned to talk to people more and got to learn how to use the register.the hardest part was not doing any work
Pros
free lunches
Open and Happy working environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin4 June 2019
As a Shift Manager I am required to coordinate the day to day actions on the shop floor. This can vary from stacking shelves, conducting stock checks and cleaning measures. I enjoy working the tills the most, as I get to converse with customers. This job has taught me everything I know about retail, selling and having a positive mental attitude towards work.
Cons
Late nights
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin West, County Dublin25 May 2019
It was great working for centra because I found the hours very convenient for myself. 8-4 for everyday and the options where there for extra hours....
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullamore, County Offaly25 May 2019
You are always working when you work with centra. Everyone is very friendly and will help you every step of the way once you start working. The customers are fantastic and very patient if you run into any trouble.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Tedious
not worth the hassle
Baker (Former Employee) –  Cork13 May 2019
Very busy, HUGE turn over of staff, no help to do the job.
No life/work balance, working every Saturday and most of Sunday on the top of it.
The worst work culture ever! The most incompetent management on the planet.....
Pros
overtime paid 1, 5 of hourly rate
Cons
everything
nice to work with centra
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  County Dublin2 March 2019
working with centra was a pleasure. Centra was very fun and creative i find centra good place to work at. its good salary and nice people to work with
Good for part time work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kilcoole, County Wicklow5 February 2019
Good for part-time work if you are studying or in college. The staff is great but that's about it. Typical retail work. Always pushed to do better. It's a good place to start out.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not great pay
Productive and fun workplace
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Carraig Airt, County Donegal27 January 2019
A typical day at centra involved me stocking shelves, stock rotation, making sure the store was kept tidy etc. I also would help with customers in the shop.
Pros
Beside homeplace, so convient for travel
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible management and poor wages
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 January 2019
Management are horrible , always nagging and creating needless jobs to do , treat people unfairly and generally create an unpleasant working environment. Confiscate people's personal belongings but don't provide a safe place for staff to store their items. Often illegal shift times eg finishing at 10:30pm and being back in at 7am. Roster comes out on a Sunday night and you could be in Monday morning which is ridiculous in my opinion. Minimum wage and most of the time they get your wages wrong anyway and it has to be corrected. Overall an extremely poor place to work and would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Absolutely lovely and friendly floor staff
Cons
Everything else
Best company
Junior Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 January 2019
Best company to work with in terms with everything. Good culture, work life balance, salary, holiday benefits. Fantastic overtime facilities. Educational aid
Local and routine based job
Shop Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ballinagh, County Cavan6 December 2018
I enjoyed my years in centra on the shop floor but the management in the deli were nothing more than bullies who unfortunately force out most staff who are transferred to that department.
Pros
Shop floor is friendly and fun
Cons
Bullying unaddressed by boss, cold work environment, little help with heavy lifting.
Fun and friendly envoirment to workk in
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birr, County Offaly14 November 2018
A typical days work would include starting at 8:00 am and finishing at 5:00pm , that was my shift , I would start by talking all new deliveres to the storage room and preparing them to go on the shelfs, then I would deliver all he ingredients the deli would need , I wouLd then do a few hours on till work and helping coustomers with task's around the shop such as lifting a heavy load of shopping to a car for an elderly person.
Pros
free lunches
didnt find it good
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Baile na Martra, County Cork10 November 2018
not my type of job,dont like stacking shelves for 6 hours, didnt even go on the tilt, didnt get paid, managers were annoying,had to do all the hardwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centra Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.