Centra Ireland

Centra Ireland Employee Reviews

fun workplace
challenging for staff, easy to learn and gain experience
great opportunity to work with suppliers and learn about launching new products,

no discounts for staff
excellent workplace
i enjoyed working in this environment every staff member there were always willing to give a helping hand and always putting in top effort. the management was extremely well run.
Not Happy
Its the highest prices Shop in Navan,and they think we customers are Stupid. Gangster rating 89% . Aldi 2.5% Lidl 3.45%. Aldi For Black castle Navan.
Pros
Cons
Overpriced Rubbish cooked food.
Great work place
I working in centra for a good while then I fell pregnant An moved An had no travel to Dublin .. but I working there 40 hours a week an really enjoyed my time there
Pros
Lunches
job satisfaction
very demanding mentally/physically
.learned a great deal of how the business work

.very helpful and supporting

.hardest part keeping everybody happy

.customer satisfaction
Pros
customer satisfaction
ppretty good
it was pretty good and the managers were nice, i only did work experience so im not really sure. the ladies in the deli were sound and always gave me free coffee
Divertido
Trabajo muy energico, siempre habia cosas que hacer. Muy buena relacion entre compañeros.
Good
not great pay for young people starting off, unfriendly office
Productive workplace
Was a great place to work and both managers were very approachable with any issues. It was always busy therefore there were always things to be done. Very content with my experience here.
Productive and fun place
The community is very friendly,work is very productive and the money is great for a student who wants to start working. I would recommend Centra for a summer job before anywhere else
Pros
Free lunch
Comfortable working enviroment
To work in Centra is great as my co-workers are friendly and helpful.
My supervisors are very considerate and were great helping me get started off in March. By working in Centra I learned communication skills by communicating with my co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job was getting started. It took some time before i got used to the routine but now I know my roles and routines and everything flows well in a typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to chat with people I work with and customers while I am working.
It was good to get the experience to work in Centra. Lovely and friendly co-workers and management team. It was great to get the skills in customer service and working behind a till.
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Really enjoy working in this shop for the last few years. It has helped me understand how to deal and manage with peoples preferences and also how to deal with situations that I have never found myself in before. Always provided a welcoming workplace.
Good experience
Great floor staff, difficult management.

8 hour shifts, could be morning or evening shifts. Full-time is five days a week, part-time is usually two or four days a week.

Minimum wage.

HACCP training.
Busy. Loads to do. Met interesting people
Been with centra a long while. Really suitable hours if you have kids.. management are very hard working and expect the same from all their staff.
I've worked with some great people and still do.

If your willing to work hard and enjoy meeting people you can't go wrong.
Pros
Discount after 6 month's
Cons
No free lunches
Good experience
A great place to learn about costumer service. The management could get some knowledge how to keep motivating their staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning every single day how to treat people well.
Meeting people is a pleasure
Having worked in Centra for a few years now ive come to realize that I love working with people, whether it be a regular customer or just somebody passing through the village.

It gives you a sense of accomplishment when you can help out somebody who might not be able to do it for themselves or just want to spend those extra few minutes talking to somebody.
Pros
Meeting people, helping others
Cons
Bad Atmosphere, lack of benefits, no advancement
Not sure
The job is easy, but your own security isn't.
I like the morning shifts, which someone would find bad, but for me, that hasn't been a problem. So in the end, I am not really sure.
Pros
Shifts
Cons
Shifts
Fun
I worked on the floor so when a delivery came in the morning I would help the other staff take them in and stock them. We would also have to put what wasnt needed on the shelfs upstairs in the stock room.
very sociable job and nice staff
good place to work if you enjoy talking to people all day and being sociable. also a good way to get to know other people living in the area as the locals frequent the shop very regularly
Pros
meeting locals
Cons
no free lunch
Poor work place
Very low salary for eighteen year olds, bad deli management, free lunches and free water, shifts long hours, not very organised, Roster is always late.
Pros
Free lunches