Centus

Centus Employee Reviews

Ireland11 reviews

Great opportunity for someone to start, but no progression.

Overall, Centus was an okay place to work. Positives:- It was fabulous to be able to work remotely, especially during a global pandemic and there was nice flexibility in work hours when needed.- The team were nice to get on with and the company did make an effort to organise lots of different virtual social events, which helped develop rapport between everyone. - It gave me a great insight and knowledge of influencer marketing and advertising, something that is not fully developed here in Ireland.- The work wasn't difficult to pick up and one could be onboarded quickly and get involved with the actual work.Negatives:- Upward Promotion didn't seem to be a thing - During my time, I only saw cross departmental promotion. Despite a number of colleagues working in the roles of a higher position, and succeeding, it was a struggle to even get a title change, never mind an actual promotion. - Management had great ambitions but many had zero managerial experience which sometimes resulted in miscommunication and higher work loads.- Once the initial learning phase was over, I found there were few opportunities to learn more in the company.- The work could get very monotonous and at times, and was quite admin heavy, despite the various jobs titles that anyone had.This is really only a company for those starting out in their working career.

Pros

Remote Working, Flexible working hours, Virtual social events

Cons

Few promotions, limited professional development

Avoid if possible.

The Pros:- In general, the people I worked with were nice.- Working here will really make you appreciate working elsewhere.The Cons:- Shocking "senior management". Nobody in charge has any actual management experience.- No vision or strategy for the company. Decisions are made to satisfy egos, oftentimes to the detriment of the business.- Toxic work environment. Don't work here unless you're a fan of being micromanaged to death.- Every job title is made up. There is no promotion unless you're a friend of the owner.- All the teams are chronically overworked and management is unwilling or incapable of putting basic automation in place.

Fast paced and challenging

I've found my time at Centus to be educating, motivating, and overall, incredibly interesting.Centus rewards hard-working employees who apply themselves to their roles and excel in terms of performance. I've been provided with progression opportunities, but I worked hard to achieve them and they are not just handed out based on years of service. It's a young team and a start-up - this means you need to be adaptable and prepared for learning curves. The management team has always been incredibly receptive to feedback in my experience and is striving to support the team members to the best of their ability.You won't be spoon-fed here - you need to show initiative, handle a large workload, and manage your time well, while sometimes focusing on one task for several hours at a time. If you struggle with being self-motivated then this might not be for you as although guidance is provided, you're expected to be capable of achieving the majority of your goals independently.I've enjoyed working at Centus - it's an incredibly interesting role with a wide future.

Pros

Progression opportunities, fast-paced, industry

Cons

Stressful at times

Sugar-coated titles and inexperienced management.

Centus works in a relatively new industry which can be interesting but there is a terrible culture around management, progression and company direction. The founder is very absent from the company and all of the middle management are very inexperienced, this combination has left the company relatively stagnant and resistant to change.Although the titles sound nice, 90% of the jobs within Centus are responding to emails and inputing data onto spreadsheets. Management will respond poorly if you try to move outside of that box in fear of looking bad because all they do is the same job as you with lighter workload and the addition of interviews.If you've completed a degree or worked in marketing somewhere else, don't take a job here and get stuck in an administration role.

Pros

Interesting industry, Remote work

Cons

No direction, all administration, poor management, nowhere to progress

There are much better companies to work for.

- Inexperienced senior management. The majority of senior management have never worked in another company or had any formal management training. -. Even though the roles on the team have different titles, they all do essentially the same work but for different titles and pay grades. This means there is little opportunity to progress within the team. I never saw someone get promoted within my year there.- Don’t work here if your goal is to get away from administrative tasks. Very little direct interaction with brands and 95% of the position is sending out and responding to emails.Overall the lack of company strategy and experienced management is a huge downfall. They hire amazing people who are lovely to work with and super talented. Still, there is nowhere to go as the managers/CEO are unwilling to hand over any responsibility to experienced people who can help take this company to the next level. I really would not recommend anyone to work here. There are so many amazing companies that will nourish your talent as an employee and want to see you do well. This is not the one.

Great place for learning about influencer marketing while working remotely.

Centus was a good place to work. Everybody they hire is really nice! They provide you with everything you need for the job and have quarterly social activities for the team. My job was very cyclical so I always knew what to expect from one week to the next which was great for managing my time. My manager did weekly check ins to make sure I was on top of all my work. Overall I enjoyed my time at Centus.

Pros

You can learn the ropes pretty quickly

Cons

Busy workload

The Gig of Dreams

How can I even begin to talk about Centus? I’ve only been with the company for just under three months and I have so much love for Centus, its core values, and every single person working there. It’s truly a dream to work with kind, smart, and talented people who appreciate you. I didn't think it was possible! There truthfully isn't one rude, horrible person on the entire team. Everyone has been welcoming, supportive, appreciative, and mindful of our mental health and workload. My manager gives me the space to work without micromanaging and is always there if I have a question. They are VERY supportive of taking time off and working around your schedule. Plus, it's a fully remote company at this stage. It's actually a dream! Let this be a sign to everyone out there who is unhappy in their job and thinking it’s the norm: It doesn’t have to be. You deserve better. Make a move!

Pros

Support, Management, Workplace Culture, Focus on Wellbeing, Hours, Company Equipment

Cons

It can be a big workload if you don't like being busy

Great Company. Great people.

Centus is a company I wouldn't have expected to find in Ireland. Every day we work with some of the biggest US Direct to Consumer brands and influencers sponsoring content across YouTube, Instagram, Podcasts, etc. which in itself is incredibly exciting.The team is very collaborative, everyone is really passionate about their work and just great people to work with, in general.I've been working at Centus for almost two years and in that time things have progressed a lot. Early on things were stressful and difficult at times, standard for a start-up, but since then the company has put a massive focus on employee wellness from, making sure people aren't working late, free lunches, mental health days, online team events, etc. Overall my experience has been very positive!

Pros

Exciting Company & Industry, Great Colleagues, Company focus on Employee Wellness

Cons

Stressful at times

Positive and encouraging leadership

The team at Centus really make the job enjoyable - the onboarding process was in-depth, and gave a great insight into the role, the company and the daily work we do. The field we're in is consistently changing, and Centus arent afraid to change their practices and work to adapt, and are always open to new ideas and collaborating with staff. Managers are always keen to listen and help where they can, and everyone on the team is the genuine definition of the word - I feel truly supported in all I do! I truly love working here.

Pros

Flexible working hours, remote working support

A completely unique & enjoyable company

I've been working at Centus for over two years now and through those years, I've seen it grow and change for the better. Its rare to find a company as dynamic and fresh as this in Galway so I consider myself lucky to be in the position I'm in. The overall work culture and people make the job truly enjoyable day-to-day - there is a real sense of respect and camaraderie between teams and individuals that you can feel from day one. The work itself is always changing as we are in an ever-evolving field which means there's always more work to do and the pace is incredibly fast - in absolutely positive ways.

Pros

Autonomy, positive workplace culture, interesting work

Cons

At times, a big workload

Very collaborative and fast paced at the same time.

It was a good experience working for Centus and learning from the Founder directly. The concept of the company is relatively new and promises huge potential for anyone who decided to join the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Centus reviews by location

• Centus
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?