Certus

Certus Employee Reviews

Ireland12 reviews
Certus was set up to achieve an orderly exit of the Irish Market by Royal bank of Scotland, Loan Book was cleansed worked to a conclusion, small projects for other banks were also undertaken on a contract basis. This goal was achieved.
excellent place to work, great staff and management approachable and fair. salary good and performance bonus offered. busy work environment . Certus no longer in operation
Really enjoyable company to work for however fell foul of the marketplace and the lack of a long term business model.

No longer trading.
Pros
Autonomy, camaraderie
Cons
Lack of long term plan.
Certus provided their staff with excellent up to date training & respected the work/life balance of their staff whilst providing their clients with the best service on the market
Pros
Fantastic people
Cons
No cons
Communicating between different depts and the public, Administrational records collated and updated, reviewed, resolved all within regulated guidelines.
Pros
Working in city centre, pay, work colleagues
Cons
travelling, no flexi time
I enjoyed my time at Certus, transferred from Bank of Scotland Ireland.Very nice and central location. There where several great benefits such as health insurance and a pension
Certus was a really enjoyable to work for, Workloads varied from day to day and there was always room and options to expand knowledge base and skill levels.
Cons
Company is winding down
My time spent in Certus I worked in various roles and on various teams. I worked with some great people along the way. My first role in Certus was Clearing and Payments Executive where I looked after processing cheques, running reports and ensuring all accounts balanced and money was allocated to the correct accounts. I also dealt with other financial houses with regards cheques clearing. I also looked after the end to end credit card report ensuring it balanced daily. My next role in Certus was Reconcilaitions officer where I was responsible for reconciliating various accounts both in Euro, GBP and USD$. I was responsible for following up on any outstanding funds with account managers or bank the funds were coming through. I also was responsinle for preparing monthly oracle rec's.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no much progression due to company closing down
Good place to work, great staff. A company that if you show your commitment they will return it back. Lots of different accounts to manage from several finance institutions so plenty of learning across the board on mostly mortgage arrears accounts.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
As Director I report directly to the Executive Directors of Certus.
My principle areas of responsibility include the following;

• Accountable for all operating costs within Certus.

• Responsible for all Certus operating company policies

• Management of budgets & cost containment projects

• Real Estate Management (Guardian of all Certus properties)

• Long term strategic planning issues

• Company wide procurement

• Risk Management / Business Continuity
Overall a thoroughly enjoyable company to work for. However, longevity of company is questionable based on the vulnerability of their various service agreements.
Pros
Location, pay, people
Cons
Job security, company future, barriers to promotion
My days are very busy, but enjoyable. I always get the opportunity to work in new challenges for the customers and for the company.
It is a great company to learn and develop your career and the support provided by managers and colleagues is amazing.

The hardest part of the job is trying to do things quicker, as most of the customers are under strict regulations and we need to ensure that risk policies, procedures and regulations are in place (even if that means finalising the project later than expected).

The best part of the job is the number of occasions to develop ourselves and others, to collaborate and the events that the company prepared for us to improve our relationships between colleagues at all levels.
Pros
flexibility, location, salary
Cons
performance