Chase

Chase Employee Reviews

Showing all 8,583 reviews
it was a good place to work but the standing and the pay is not good. they work you and not enough pay. i will not tell anyone to work there if its not jpmorgan
Pros
Cons
close work at 6:15/30 everyday oh no
The work environment and everyone there is very nice and they definitely help you out. Every transaction gets easy as you start learning little by little the job is very easy and knowledgeable.
Pros
Closes early and you get every sunday off.
Cons
No Cons
They were very concerned about the customer experience and you could get laid off if you had a bad Osat score. Participate with the banks by offering cross product selling
Pros
Stability benefits
Cons
I like the job. Everyone I worked with was nice for the most part. The customers were very needy and rude. Overall the job was easy and very slow pace at times.
Pros
Coworker
Cons
Pay, have to pay for uniforms
It was a decent job. I worked in the real estate closings area before tree e the real estate market crashed. I would work there again given the chance.
Pros
Decent wage, benefits
Cons
Clicky office dynamics
Chase Manhattan Bank gave me standing and confidence while in college. I had great support from senior staff when I recieved my finanvial analyst degree. Becoming a banking analyst was motivating and ideal for my career.
Pros
Opportunities with education
Cons
Bring your A game everyday
As a PB/SBS/MOD you do not have a sales number to meet which is great but you also do a lot for the branch and pay is ok not the best. Management just depends who you work for, not all are bad apples.
Pros
Company took care of its employee's through COVID.
Cons
Pay could be better and slow advancement opportunity
The only reason I am still with Chase after 10 years is because I get over 4 weeks off every year and I work with amazing people! HOWEVER, I am not paid nearly enough for the work that I do. Even worse is that the positions I have been trying to move up into for years are few and far between and the competition for them is intense. I have now had to resort to looking outside the bank for my next role and sadly it’s the last thing I wanted to do. It’s a mistake Chase makes too often.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, culture
Cons
Pay, opportunity for advancement
I was a new employee surrounded by people who've been there for a while and they all treated me very badly and because the manager saw them as family he did nothing about it.
I loved my coworkers but the job is complacent. No raise at a year. You can search for opportunities to advance/change depts on your own but it’s harder than it sounds. And takes forever. Policies changed all the time. That was annoying. Customers were difficult from time to time.
Pros
Occasional free lunches, PTO as a part-time
Cons
Constant policy changes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Chase?
Been here about six months now and I’m very disappointed that chase doesn’t offer their employees any holiday bonuses like other companies do during the holidays. With the little pay that I’m making it only covers some of my bills and I won’t be able to buy my kids anything for Christmas this year. All they wanna do is send you Chase attire which is really no use to people who want to live comfortable and not worry about money. CHASE BRING BACK BONUSES TO YOUR EMPLOYEES WE NEED IT!
Pros
Offer good benefits
Cons
No bonuses
We were more like family, friends. The environment was always a joy, all employees were happy to go to work.. We had great parties, baby showers, etc. My manager was so wonderful. Wish I still worked at Chase.
Pros
Happy. Joyful.
Cons
Sometimes "like all close knit groups" little tifs would arise, the manager was excellent at helping the situation.
Managers have there favorites, And they expect you to be a professional debt collector within 2 months without experience. They make you feel as if you have job security and will literally fire you and not care about the obligations you have
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Micromanaging
There are a lot of online resources for new joins to train them up on demand basis such that you can arrange your training hours at your convenience and it is up to your needs. The training material and the deck provided are excellent and easy to follow, there are a lot of on site training provided to the employees couple years back and managers support employees to enroll training to fit their needs of building the career path.
Tellers are now taking on Banker responsibilities without a raise in pay only a title that means nothing "Associate Banker". Do not be fooled by a shiny new title. You do not get referrals or incentives. You are a teller that is the assistant to the bankers. You often end up working alone due to coverage issues. Many times you may stay after the Bank is closed due to customers coming in last minute to open accounts. The job can be very stressful as you wear many hats and do a lot of account servicing.
Pros
It is stable employment. Decent starter job.
Cons
Extremely boring work environment, Interrupted to work during breaks, they do not train tellers (Associate Bankers) to be real Bankers, no room for advancement in your career.
What's good:- It's a prestigious company so you can use it as a springboard to something better- You will learn a lot about the financial industry and corporate America, which makes it an ideal first job out of college- If you enjoy people, business, and learning as much as I do then you will meet a lot of awesome customers who can share their wisdom and experience from decades of successes and failures.- Affordable and high quality healthcare, dental, and vision- Matches 8% 401k contribution to your 5% AFTER 1 year- Vacation/sick time are adequate to industry standards- Extracurricular events can be fun, informative, and good for networking especially when alcohol is involved. But then you starting finding out/confirming the cons...What's bad:- Commissions are both capped and largely dependent on who walks through your doors. Don't let them sell you on the phone calls thing, chances are your assigned book of business has been worked over for years. This means your success/$$$ is dependent on your branch assignment, NOT hard work or your ability to sell. I cannot overstate this point. Make them show you the branch banker performance for the past year before accepting an assignment.- It's a retail setting rather than a professional one. This means anyone from the public can walk into the bank and right up to your desk with service demands and/or personal problems while sometimes debasing you throughout the process. Some of them will become regulars. These are not opportunities to earn trust with valued clients through "customer obsession," they are a demoralizing - more...
Pros
Resume Builder, Learning Experience, Benefits, People who don't know any better still believe being a banker is somehow prestigious
Cons
Stressful, Pay is not commensurate with the skills/stress associated with your job, some Managers are self-serving and duplicitous, High Turnover, Understaffed, You're basically personal customer service for Baby Boomers but with unrealistic sales expectations, Job is slowly but surely being automated out of existence
Very stressed day to day environment. Chase is concentrated mainly on customer experience rather than production. Compliance is very strictly regulated. It is very easy to get written up over any minor mistake on compliance. Management pretends to guide you and have your back, when in reality they can be writing down all of the mistakes an employee makes which can turn into a write up. Management does not always know how to properly coach, develop, and have the correct approach with their employees. Therefore is can be a lot on someone that is brand new to the firm.
Pros
Good benefits and paid time off
Cons
Stressed environment, demanding managment
Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Chase, I think there is no security. After taking me on a pre employment rollercoaster for three months, i get a call stating my job offer was rescinded because i didnt provide the exact dates from jobs i had 3+ years ago. I spent 3 months contacting previous employers just to have the job taken away before i started. The pre employment team took a month to get back to me at one point. I put my other job on the line just to work for this company. The process was unprofessional.
Points are always given to whomever is the managers favorite. Male manager was only interested in certain employees and did not care about the rest! Chase does not care about the middle class or the poverty class of customers that walked into the bank. They wanted them in and out. They only wanted the ones that had lots of money and would kiss up to them rather it was giving them donuts,coffee,certain bankers would buy them gifts, The manager was fine with that, As long as they would invest their money at Chase.
Pros
not interested in commenting
Cons
This was the most non compasionate and arrogant place I have ever worked.
Not a place anyone wants to work for. Believe that . I didn’t enjoy their environment their treatment their policies and procedures. It was one of a mistake to applied there I thought it would be great been one of the four top banks
Management mistreats employees and disrespect you. When you reach out for help no one will. You have to work with short staff and a long line of customers.
Pros
Cons
Management "coaching" you on your restroom break. Stressful enviroment
  1. Employee reviews