Cheshire Ireland

Cheshire Ireland Employee Reviews

Long hours lots of paperwork. Su would be better if they were paperwork. Not enough 1 to 1 care.Management not at all supportive. Adls to su prepare cooking of meals all household cleaning. Laundry and ironing. Money management update lifestyle plans and key working duties some staff are nice others simpy awful. Management dont listen to staff and dont follow the cheshire ethos. Basically keep your head down and pass everyone. Very stressfull. Coordinator always ringing you on days off.cant keep staff always advertising
Pros
Lovely service users
Cons
No management support
I have worked at many companies. Cheshire is among the top. I worked in different parts of the company. Like everywhere, you get out of it what you put in. I wonder what some of the other Reviewees put into it. Some people will not be happy wherever they work.
Pros
Fair
Cons
Fairness has to work both ways
Beware!! Hours are unbelievable. You are always working. No time to spend with your own family. Could finish work at 11pm and be expected back at work next morning at 8am. Very long days. With few working hours. Expected to work one hour shifts here there and everywhere. Drive for an hour to work for an hour. Very poor Management, they make one rule for themself and it’s all different for the workers. Don’t care about the clients indeoendence at all. Cheshire is a black hole just waiting to swallow you up.
Worked for this company for a year and TBH it was one of the most unhappiest times of my life. Management and some of the staff were most unprofessional . No support. Was glad when my contract ended. Pros Lovely clients, good training, good remuneration. Cons Poor management, long hours, few breaks. Unprofessional co workers.
Bad management, weak organisation of work,lack of control by management, unexperience staff without right education, partially bullying situations, over working scheduled, poor hygiene of staff members, company used by some of the employee to extract maximum money they can get....
Pros
No meals provided
Cons
Long hours shifts
I love bringing my client out on day trips expecially going to see his parents and family he seems to enjoy his quite a lot he loves to go out on group outings now and again
Pros
I loved working as part of a team
Cons
The long hours and the paper work
My typical day involves assisting people to live the life they chose to live, it may involve Hoist Transfers or assistance with toileting and showering or washing and dressing, the usual daily tasks we all have each and every day of our lives. Documenting any changes or concerns in appearance or behaviour or even mood could prove to be vital for a persons safety or well being. Reporting and passing over feedback to my line manager and the rest of the team, listening to feedback from the clients or service users and care team or management staff. Encouraging and supporting people with appointments, therapies and other social and spiritual needs. One of the hardest aspects of this job is maintaining positivity with staff members who bring their personal circumstances into the work place and trying to promote professional boundaries in a tactful a approach. The most enjoyable part of this job is having the ability to enhance and make a difference to someone's day, I personally get great job satisfaction in being able to help or assist a person to achieve or be it in part their daily aspirations at work and also in my personal life, It is just something in my genes or make up as a human being and aspiring to be a better one.
Pros
Shift Work and ongoing training.
Cons
Having to work during public Holidays.
  1. Employee reviews