Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A Employee Reviews

Showing all 20,873 reviews

Wonderful co-workers with a great environment

Great opportunity's for advancement, only complaint is there were no benefits

Mostly good experience

Chick-fil-A started out as an amazing workplace that I loved very dearly. The culture at CFA is amazing and it is very easy to fit in. The employees and first line management are incredible. They treat you like a human and make you know that you are appreciated. I only stopped enjoying my time at CFA recently. This is due to reduced sales. With reduced sales, we had to cut labor meaning this put significant strain on managers and employees. This became the only focus of the higher ups. Also I found while working there that the morning crew is treated with respect while the night crew is treated as less qualified. This was completely unjustified. Night crew would put up equal numbers and sometimes higher numbers than the morning crew, and we still were treated as unqualified. Overall, I loved CFA until the last few months. As I said the team members and first line managers are incredible. There needs to be a reform in some of the higher ups in the restaurant.

very inviting staff, only reason i left was due to the far drive

I had a decent time and the management and workers were all nice and would bring in food and other stuff on special days, were always willing to help and if it was closer i may go back.

Flexible and Convenient job while in school

Very fast paced work place setting. Always had the freedom of choosing my schedule which was very appreciated. Being able to push through when it gets tough and no longer want to serve guests.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Fast Food

Fast paced environment with positive co workers

It’s a very fast paced work environment and the co workers are mostly nice and easy to talk to and the management is good. A lot of work so you’re always busy and the customers are generally nice.

Pros

Free food, very flexible schedule, team bonding events

Cons

Tiring, poor pay, overworked

It's not the best

I'd say it's overall okay. The locations I had worked at held us to higher standards than cfa's around us. (owner had multiple locations). I worked at one location for almost 3 years. I was the only person who was called in early or to stay late. I was called on my days off multiple times. I was even called during my class times even though I had that in my availability, and had talked multiple times in person about this class. They claimed "they didn't know I was in class". It took 2.5 years before I got my first raise even though I was loyal and gave my best. The management also liked to place the blame on team members when team members did exactly what they were supposed to or told to do and things went bad. consistently went out of my availability. I had a manager admit to me that they scheduled 2 team members less hours to try to make them quit and it worked. if they don't like someone they push them out. Other team members who left said the same thing about the second location I worked.

Job builds character if you're prepared

I didn't really know what I was getting into, but it's a lot of work with a pretty consistent break period. The employees were great people, management was helpful, and it taught me to work hard. Rushes were consistent and could be intense, but time passes faster when you're busy and that consistency in rush hours makes it a little easier to keep up and mentally prepare for the workload. If you're willing to put in the work and you have good management, there are plenty of people in your corner to help you through the harder days. It's just a little hard to balance school and particularly difficult shifts. Free food for breaks was pretty nice, though! Who doesn't like Chick fil-A food? It was just a little overwhelming for me personally and the pay could have been a little better.

Good people, bad pay with a lot of rules

I would say that chick fil a is a great first job. I really enjoyed the people there and the management was excellent. The pay is pretty bad though, especially for all of the strict rules, there are a ton of rules about your appearance (piercings, hair, etc.), how you talk to people, and how you get work done. I would recommend it if you are trying to get experience but don’t expect to make a bunch of money or have it be easy going.

Bad working conditions

I worked FOH and it’s terrible. The managers will make you work outside for hours in 90 degree weather, and the heat of the cars make it worse. There is very little switching out. They send you out there and promise you that they’ll be rotating people, but then you end up there your entire 8 hour shift, taking hundreds of mind-numbing orders. Some managers will send you outside for hours just because you’re new and all of their friends are working. They definitely play favorites, and you’ll get the short end of the stick just because you’re new. Some great people I know have even been working there for months and they still get thrown outside. I’ve had some managers have me stay longer than my assigned hours because they “thought” I was staying till the next hour… maybe do your job and stop treating your workers like this??? The pay is abysmally low for the amount of work you do since the location is so busy. It is mentally and physically draining.There are a lot of great people to work with, but the management puts on a fake persona about caring about you when they really don’t since they don’t know you. You’re just another disposable worker to them.

Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A is an outstanding company to work for. The relationships built with Chick-fil-A can last a lifetime and the atmosphere in most CFA restaurants are impeccable!

overall decent

There is going to be an abundance of social interactions so you really get to level up on your communication skills but I definitely feel like I do more than others and get the same pay

Pros

free meal and great people

Cons

management

Very productive

I enjoyed it a lot. My co-workers were so fun to be around, the manager was always helpful, and made sure we were stress free. It was a great first job overall .

Pros

Discounted lunches

Cons

Really no time for talking or just hanging around

El ambiente es bastante rápido y muchas personas me llaman lento cuando no llevo ni 4 semanas en el trabajo

Pues a menos a mi no me alcanza $11 dólares a la hora para nada, siento que deberían de pagar más por TODO lo que se hace ahí adentro (cocina). En la cocina se empaca comida, se hace papas fritas, se pone el pollo crudo en las máquinas, tienes que sazonar el pollo, cargar con cajas de mas de 50 lbs con pollo congelado adentro, lavar los platos, hacer ensalada, sacar la basura (que también carga cosas demasiado pensadas 80+ lbs), hacer las hamburguesas y al mismo tiempo empacar nuggets, etc etc.

It’s okay

When I first started it was amazing but as time went on the management became terrible and only cared about the gossip and wanted to know everything about every single person. Also they don’t care about your health problems and make it difficult for you to work.

Fine place

Fine place to work for - they are probably a step above most fast food with good management, but it was always very busy. Having Sundays off was a plus.

Busy job but lots of encouragement

Job is high intensity at times, given the volume of customers, can be tiring but help is always given and coworkers are very helpful.

Very fun place to work and has great management who helps with flexibility with your schedule to help you at all times.

Had nice management and had nice co workers who train you very easily and they also have fair pay and is very flexible with your schedule and work be able to help you at any time to change it .

Fast paced and productive place to work

Great place to work. Everyone there cares about you. They are close knit and like a family. They will involve you in all workplace outings and events. They offered several scholarship opportunities as well.

Pros

Free lunches, nice coworkers, paid training.

Cons

Your hours may vary

fast paced enviroment

very fast paced environment. lots of opportunity for growth if you work hard and are a favorite. can be difficult to have a work/life balance. the hardest part of the job is there can be extremely long hours and sometimes staffing can be extremely short so one person would work 3-4 different positions.

Its fast food, fast paced. Plan on working hard.

Fast paced, good environment. Nice co-workers. You are cleaning a lot. They do have a good support system and this is great for high school to part time college students, be prepared to work hard and focus a lot of energy into your shift.

Working with the nicest people

Positive energy, very busy but fun when you’re working with people you enjoy who ALSO have positive energy. If you’re not willing to be on your feet and busy the whole time, you won’t like it, but if you like having tasks to keep working on in a positive environment this will be perfect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chick-fil-A. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement