Chill Insurance

Chill Insurance Employee Reviews

Ireland17 reviews
Days can be long and stressful.
Management can be difficult to work with.

Make great friends.

Good salary and bonus.

Opportunity to progress if willing to work hard.
Worst company I've worked for. No consideration for any of their staff. Worst excuse for a HR department. Care about nothing but making money and how they look. Only good thing about it is the people and TLs
A company only focused on bleeding its clients and staff dry, with very little interest in client or staff satisfaction.

"everyone is replaceable" is both a quote an the attitude of the management team in general; who often hide behind loaded statistical analysis, to present only their point of view.

A constantly frustrating working environment, were tasks are piled upon tasks, relentlessly and without any regard to capability or capacity of the agents they are forced upon.

The level of training provided is abhorrent, and directly contributes to most new starters lasting less than 3/6 months.

Amusingly the company often asks for the opinion of it's staff, only to routinely ignore every issue raised. A particular example is the attitude on sick pay, which was under review for several months, after which it was announced 'we have answered your questions', following which declaration, they simply sent around the previous documents, stating that sick pay was not covered.

A fabulously uninspiring working environment, you've either got to laugh... or cry.
Pros
The office is in a good locations for transport
Cons
That you are constantly made to feel worthless
Such an awful place to work and had "management" who either A. Didn't have the insurance qualifications which means they couldnt advise their own agents and B. Were incredibly lazy and condescending.
Money was decent compared to other insurance companies but they hire the most ignorant people they can find ie. Making sexually inappropriate jokes,jokes on agents sexual orientations including my own and also people who weren't Caucasian.

I was here for less than a year and it was honestly the most horrible experience I ever had.

Don't expect to progress either unless you drink and do other substances with "the lads".
Pros
Decent base salary.
Cons
Working with bullies, no progression, no stable support.
chill insurance is a good place to work, i worked there for a quite a while and always had a good time, i enjoyed working there very much and would recommend
Pros
free coffee
Cons
Not somewhere to go career wise if working in customer service or sales, worked in both departments and maybe its the culture or staff there its a big change if you are looking for a professional work environment .
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
Long hours, pay deduction for call fails and you pay for write offs
far too target focused company

great people to work with but not a great place to work

good training provided to staff when they start but too much is expected of staff in term of targets erd
Management encourage employees to push themselves past breaking point, they also do not give any form of job security, or appreciation of hard work. The only positive point, is that the people who work there are great.
As an employer they offer little in the way of benifits and job satisfaction.
They push for employees to gain qualifications however once achieved there are no chances for job progression.
this is an ok company to learn call center technicians and insurance but it is not somewhere for a career, 2 years max.

there is a high turnover of staff
Pros
nice people
Cons
not paid much, work weekends
High pressured but good environment little to no benefits and constantly changing in terms of leadership. hours are also long and changing every few months
Pros
staff
Cons
little benefits
Chill has been good to me thus far. The general culture is productive and happy, making for a relaxed environment in a highly pressurised industry.
Pros
Regular sales prizes, fair commission structure
Cons
Red tape regarding internal opportunities/promotions
It is a typical working day in a sales call centre. It is either 9-6 or 11-8 but usually if you work the earlier shift you will end up staying later anyway if you haven't reached your sales target.
If you haven't been in sales before it will either toughen you up or break you down. If it toughens you up then it really will help you in a lot of other aspects of life.

The management on the floor I worked on, the Team Leaders and such, are absolutely brilliant and will always help you if need be. The management higher up however are ignorant of anybody that has an opinion that doesn't match their own and have no desire to make things better for staff.

I have made some great friends from working here, some that I believe will be with me for life. Everybody helps each other out and there is usually a good buzz around the place!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Higher management, basic salary and comission structure
Terrible management will ultimately run the company into the ground.
i had some great times at chill but eventually was turned into a classroom instead of a working environment.
Major lack of training for a company that partakes in such a heavily regulated industry.
Felt like we were pushed through our training so that we would be on the floor taking calls
Pros
Learning about insurance
Cons
Bad management
I enjoyed this job because the training was good and the staff you work with are friendly. I picked up everything pretty quick
Pros
staff was nice
Cons
micro managment
I have been working with chill insurance for over 2 years, in these 2 years I have learned a lot about insurance considering I joined with no experience. I have now received my APA status with the help of staff/TL's etc
Great place to work with great people
Pros
Fun friendly enviroment
Cons
Distance travelling to and from work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chill Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4