Chipotle Mexican Grill

Chipotle Mexican Grill Employee Reviews

Showing all 14,650 reviews

Don't work on grill

In your interview they will likely ask if you want to work on grill for an extra dollar an hour. It is not worth it and grill is definitely the hardest position to keep up with other than kitchen manager and not to mention you get grill dust all over yourself.

Fast-paced and sometimes stressful job

Get ready to be worked. I work night shifts and from my experience, it's really stressful during peak hours. It's good if you can handle stress but not for me. Also, I think the pay is not equal to the work you do here.

Love the crew but the management did not seem to care.

When I worked management was horrible. The management within the store was fine but above that sucked. I did like most of my co workers though, with the few exceptions of course.

It was decent

It was a lot of younger people in there so it made it fun. They also moved people around so everyone knew everything and it made things smoother than most places

Pros

Free shift meal and 50% off all the time

Cons

Normal cons of working in food

Fun but stressful environment most of the time.

When I first started working here, it felt stressful, and I didn't really know anybody. The longer I worked there, the more you get to know everyone there. Eventually, I got moved from cashier to Line/DML (short for online) to even grill. One often part of the job that I find very inconsistent is the schedule, some managers won't really care about when your shift ends but some completely abide by it. Honestly, if you're not looking for a kind of hard job, this is not for you, but if you are then it is a great fit.

Pros

Paid Lunch, Discounted Meals, Flexible schedule, Friendly Co-workers

Cons

Stressful, Could be paid higher, Management varies

Chipotle Mexican Grill

Working for Chipotle is cool, but the pay does not equal up to all the work that is put in to make Chipotle what it is everyday. Management is cool, they definitely make sure you have something to do throughout your shift. The other crew members are cool, but of course you will have those you have to explain tasks to more than once. The free food and benefits effective the day you start are good incentives I will say Chipotle does make sure they provide.

fun but hot envoirment

its ok for a starting job but pay is not high for amount of work. its usually hot at work and customers tend to rude and give you harder time than other restaurants.

Pros

free meals

Cons

little pay

Decent First Job

I worked here as a line person and cashier for 2 years. It was alright for a 16 year old but as I got older the more frustrated I got with us being short staffed and most days it was just me and a few managers running the store. After my main GM left things went down hill. It all depends on the store

Competitive

Good place, people are friendly, you can grow fast and learn a lot.Managers are always there to help you.Schedule 1 week in advance….Overall I do like

Great company on paper and in theory, god awful application.

I worked for chipotle for 7 months, I was hired in to be an AP for them (assistant general manager) in that 7 months I still was not trained on all stations, to this day I don’t know how to cook steak or chicken. I was forced to work the line by myself everyday with no help or assistance by any of my fellow managers who refused to acknowledge me as another manager. The stores were run (or lack there of) by the laziest people I’ve ever met without a care in the world about customers, the store, or any of the external hire employees.

Pros

Pay, benefits, food

Cons

Each store is run by trash people who screw hard working employees over left and right.

Don’t believe them if they say “flexible schedule”

To start, I was trained on the bare minimum and for everything else i’d be yelled at during rushes to fix. I was expected to basically train a newbie about 2 weeks after my first day. I told the manager in the interview that I had previous responsibilities at school and wouldn’t be able to work certain days/hours and they said that that was okay. Obviously they lied. I had all of my hours stripped away from me and even when I graduated and asked to be put on the schedule more, I was ignored by the manager twice. The environment is very biased as there are cliques even with the manager and if you’re new, you basically just sit at your station and wait around until a customer comes in. My coworkers were nice but it was mostly management and a severe lack of communication that was the issue.

Pros

Free food on shift, nice coworkers

Cons

Lack of communication, bad management

It’s fun place with the right people

Chipotle can be a really fun job depending on the crew if you have tough management it’s not it they do expect you to do a lot with very little pay besides that it’s a nice first job with good benefits and free food

Fun Workplace especially night shift

The customers weren't always the best, but being able to serve others and enjoy time with friends and coworkers really made my time there enjoyable. The night shift was fun with the manager helping me when I started out. Reasonable lunch break and great food

Never a dull moment working at chipotle

I love working at chipotle. It’s the best job I’ve had. Yes it can be hard at times but we push each other todo better. If I’m being honest rolling big burritos is fun especially when customers are shocked on you completely rolling it.

Hard Work

Worked at Chipotle for 3 years, 1.5 years as a kitchen manager. Training was pretty mediocre, only trained for a couple hours before store opened. Got promoted to certified trainer because I was a hard worker and and after 8 months of that got a kitchen manager position. Comes with a lot of benefits and school tuition relief. Staff was friendly for the most part but GM was a hard woman. I will say there will be times you are working your butt off the bone and if you can't keep up with it they will fire you in a heart beat so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone if you have no sense of urgency. Overall taught me a lot of skills to use at my next job.

Pros

Benefits, room to grow, lifelong skills

Cons

Short breaks, fast paced environment

Overall a bad place to work

I worked at the chipotle in Bozeman and the management was absolutely terrible. No one who worked there was fully or properly trained. There was a manger while I was there that didn’t know how to work the register and part of being a manager is knowing and being proficient in all the positions so you can do it yourself when you have to. Overall the management was rude and really didn’t care about the well being of staff. And no one who works there cares enough about their job to even make food right or if something gets dropped they will try and tell you to give it to the customer anyways. It’s just ridiculous how little they make their employees care about their jobs and a lot of my ex coworkers have a similar sentiment and agree that it’s not a good place to work

Fun place

Fun place to work in if you're in high school but other than that you will be overworked. It's a popular franchise so most of the time you will get busy.

Not a very good place to work at all sheesh

Racist management throughout entire company. Dont waste your time. No advancement opportunities and food is not fresh or good. Dont care about food safety

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Everything is wack about Chipotle

It's similar to any other fast food job.

Starting as crew (hired to become a manager) was as good as it gets. Albeit a little stressful at times, the job was simple. The training process to shift supervisor was okay. The pay was nice. As I progressed to Assistant GM to GM my worklife balance slowly dwindled.

Pros

Decent pay, 401k options, health, dental and vision insurance. Uniforms provided, free employee meals and 50% off the clock.

Cons

Stress, no work life balance. Not enough labor given to help run the store properly.

cashier

Working at chipotle is a nice job to have , it’s just the people around who don’t appreciate and respect the works while working . I’ve learned a lot of work skills and patience working at Chipotle.

Treated like family and hard workers

I loved working at chipotle the team was awesome the boss was the best I don't know any other general manager that would rearrange a workers schedule to fit her own just to give her a ride to work cause her family was going through a very rough time. I had to take off days and some times leave early and eventually I had to take a leave of absence but the whole team I was apart of was super understanding and when I was able to come back they were very welcoming. Even though in the end I had to quit I still felt a lot of love and knew I would miss everyone I got the privilege to meet and work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chipotle Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?