Cineworld

Cineworld Employee Reviews

Ireland8 reviews

Good for students or someone living at home

I like ve going to the cinema so the perk of the free movies after a month probation and then 40% off snacks and drinks etc. but it was minimum wage for a wide range of duties you're gradually trained into. Most managers were nice, others at the time (2014/2015) didn’t have much contact with you. Too much paperwork for booking time off for surgery or a holiday. I applied for a full time position (which was advertised) and only got flexitime hours, not enough when trying to pay rent and bills in Dublin. There was a group chat to swap shifts etc but picking up an extra 3 hours here and there didn’t cut it. The staff were a lovely bunch but as an employer it felt like too much bureaucracy gets in the way, having to chase after a manager to physically sign you out from your shift was frustrating. It could be totally different now and I think another company bought it over, or maybe the building. I still go to that cinema as a customer but find the staff lack training and having no box office staff is a huge shame.

Pros

Discount cards, free movies

Cons

Minimum wage for a lot of work, janitor shifts and busy periods for new releases, not enough hours, too much paperwork for basic requests

Good

A good place to work if you’re in college, or looking to save up for college. Can get stressful during busy periods, but overall isn’t a bad workplace.

great place to work while at college

Very social job, you can gain loads of experience here that will help you any future career. Very flexible hours that can work around college hours. Discount card for movies and snacks for all employees.

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

pay not great

fun Work Place

I have learned a lot from working with Cineworld over the years. Always a fun place to work if you are between the ages of 18-25 and are studying. hours are ok

Cost cutting is what drive Cinema business

Although it use to be a joyful work environment, things have changed for the worse, and I personally do not see it getting better. In that the company is in pursuit of cost cutting, and they are doing this by cutting the work force require therefor increasing the work load of the skeleton crew of any given shifts. The management's inability to forecast makes for grueling shifts.

Pros

free cinema for you and a guest, flexible hours, Amazing co worker

Cons

Truly appalling work culture that enjoy the status quo and reluctant to new ways to do things

Cineworld has been a great place to work in regards of finding new friends and has its benefits, but is for most people going in a stepping stone.

I loved Cineworld when I started working here. It felt fresh and most people I started working with I got along with well. But now six and a half years later the people or most that I started working with are gone and even though I've been working here longer I feel other new members are getting treated better than me as they get more hours than me. Not only that the CEO in the company is changing our contracts against our wishes to be paid monthly against our contracted fortnightly soon with not much nottice. We have been fighting this for months now so I am not to happy as I used to be if they company is gonna screw over its employees then I don't want to work for that kind of company any more.

Pros

Free movies 40% off food drink work nights out Christmas and Halloween parties.

Cons

Lack of hours, Short nottice of working weeks roster, Not enough nottice in the job, Lack of advancement being the only Cineworld in Ireland

Productive and fun workplace

Working in Cineworld cinemas can be a challenging experience when dealing with 2500 customers on average a day Monday-Thursday with 3500 on weekends. I'm fine with working there but I'm currently seeking new employment in a more career based company with a yearly salary. The job is run great with friendly staff and long term friendships to be made. A place where you are not put down or discredited in any of your duties. I'd recommend this job to anyone looking to make a few extra euro in a fun environment.

Pros

40% discount on retail items, free movies

Cons

shift work, late closes, mid-day shifts and opens

good job

start at 9am do out the picking slips for al the bulding while im getting them done trucks would be pulling up an orders would need to be checked and as the day whent on id stock up the bulding an put at the orders away that came in that day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cineworld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Cineworld with

Cineworld reviews by location

Learn about Cineworld in popular locations

• Cineworld