Circle K

Circle K Employee Reviews

Rewarding Work
An overall great place to work.
Great opportunities for personal growth within the company.

An efficient HR team that get good results.

Great benefits with Circle K
Nice and manageable
It is nice and well coordinate. Store managment and security is high level.
Very calm but busy in business atmosphere.

Learn about customer handling and store managment.
Like every work some days are great fun some day are hard
Great place to work after all, salary can be higher, but we expect that everywhere lol Fast working environment, loads things to do, but at least day goes fast.
Pros
Discount food, fuel, free drinks
Good start
Working at Circle K is not that bad. There are no benefits except a small discount on food and 3 free coffees or water. Salary is just above minimum wage and thats fine working at smaller, quiter sites. However working at busy sites thats non stop running around it is a poor salary. Everything is always unorganised and its free for all as management will not train you. You need to figure stuff out alone.
Minimum wage
Circle K is ok for the first job just to get your bills paid and thats all. You won’t have any more money. No extra for night shift or weekends. Overall wasn’t too bad.
Overall good
Good experience, learning, fast paced,good management, great colleagues, competitive, friendly, work hard,no short cuts,.
................... .......
Very good company
Very good company to work for learn alot during my time in Circle k and management staff were very hardworking and dedicated specially my store manager and area manager were very honest and co-operative
Great Company to work for
Working at Circle K is enjoyable and I have learned a lot in my current role. I have gained experience and training in the deli and enjoy meeting the customers when I work my shift.
Good job for students
Pros: Fuel discounts
Cons: Badly managed. Low chance of getting promoted. Low salary. Random shifts. Large customer volume and a lot of trouble to deal with on daily basis.
Better place
The work is more pressurized and the management lacks in taking care of their employees. But learnt many things in the workplace interacting with customers and knowing many people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a great place to work
Not a great place to work, salary minimum, must work for 10 people. Too much pressure from company and management side. Bonuses are not being paid on time. System issues.
Productive and fun workplace
I enjoyed working with circle k during the summer 2019.Having a summer job helped me to gain many skills and experiences.I was a shop assistant at circle k and my day commenced at 8am and I finished work at 6pm.I worked Saturdays and Sunday.
Pros
Friendly staff
Circle K is Stressful
I'm a Part time worker in Circle K and have worked there about 6 months, training is inadequate as hardly anything I learned (besides basics like tills and stock) was useful.
Management is poor to say the least, no consideration is given to your needs, many senior staff who have worked with the company for years are leaving as a testament to this.

It's very hard to balance a healthy social life in my case as I go to college full time, and stay behind to study til late in the evening. Thus I must work on weekends due to the 8 hour shifts, and can only work the evening shift as senior staff are given the morning shifts, meaning I can't even get out on a weekend to meet my friends, and I'm too busy with college to do anything during the week.
Pros
Free hot drinks.
Cons
Long shifts with no chance of short shifts. Hard to balance social life and work.
It was a friendly and fun environment to work in. It gave me the opportunity to deal with customer face to face on a daily basis which I enjoyed.
The majority of the day consisted of dealing with customers and to provide them with a high level of customer service. This meant dealing with them in a quick and efficient manner and something in a pedantic manner if customers had queries or a complaint.
This gave me the opportunity to enhance a lot of my soft skills which I think would transfer over to many other roles in other industries.

For example, my communication skills increased as I dealt with customers,management and suppliers on a daily basis.

Organisational and planning skills were also essential as it being one of the busiest service stations in the country it was key to be efficient with my time in order to fulfill my role effectively.

The culture was very good as the company had many perks and I really felt valued by my cohorts and managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was dealing with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Free coffee and lunches
Cons
High turnover on staff
fair for money
good place for a while, as wages not great. sometimes targets can be too high, specially in deli. Supervisors not so supportive. A lot to do for low income, however worked well as trampoline for me to go further in different place
Pros
staff discount for food
Cons
salary
Good experience
Learn a range of new skills and earn good pay while balancing work and study life easily. The management is very good and always on hand to help and the staff are friendly and willing to train you in anything you wish to learn.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Hard place to work
Probably the most challenging place I have worked since I have started working. the garage was open 24hours a day and you have to be will to willing to work around the clock
I would never advise anyone to apply for a job in Ballacolla Circle K
Circle K is a nice company to work for, good salary, training provided, free drinks and part meals, this company respects their employees, but Ballacolla Circle K it was the most stressful job that I ever had and the only job that I really never liked to go to, the management... the staff so unfriendly and never helping you with anything, night shifts that you had to do, overall the worse ever job that I ever had! No wonder they look to hire people every month, no one stays for too long there, only that kind of people that call in sick every few weeks, the "hardworking" ones ha
ha 😆
Pros
Free drinks, meals, training.
Cons
Everything else
Fun working experience
I learnt various store management skills like stock tacking, space management, etc. The hardest part of the job was doing night shifts a few times. It was an enjoyable experience for me as I got to know how the working culture is in Ireland.
Pros
Exposure to work culture and on time pay
Cons
sometimes night shifts
Management worked and treated like dogs.
long hours, little support, labour budgets low but expectations high so management end up working long hours to complete expected workload as usually nobody to delegate to. Senior Management operate autocratic style of formulae management, dont take feedback and quick to hold accountable without support or investigation. very early mornings, late nights and weekends. incentive schemes are good but usually linked to unachievable targets. They sound good on paper but the reality does not match their perceptions of themselves. Theres much better employers out there.
Pros
fuelcard, pension.
Cons
long hours, dont care about people only profit.
Good like
It was a good job yeah I had an amazing boss and some amazing work mates, I would enjoy going to work every day because of the amazing atmosphere and the great craic that we would have with the locals