Circle K

Circle K Employee Reviews

I really did not enjoy my time here. Management were very hard to deal with and seemed quite childish in dealing with problems. You're expected to do so much work in such a short amount of time. Was never given any recognition to the extra work I out in.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Pretty much self explanatory
I have worked in Circle K for a long period of time - I have had great opportunities to learn and grow in my time is the business - Very happy to recommend as a great place to work - Great contract options and flexible hours of work - Extra shifts available when needed.
Pros
Discounts on lunch, hot drinks and fuel. Flexible work hours
Cons
Great team energy and environment to work in. This is a global company so lots of room to grow from within and this is actively encouraged.The work is hard but rewarding and there are some great benefits available.
Pros
Benefits and Growth
poor management no possibility to grow in company rasism lowest pay no Christmas party if you do pay for your drinks and food yourself no bonuses no discounts for staff etc
Pros
Cons
a lot
When I started in Circle K, I started as a customer service assistant and was trained in as a barista as well, when I say trained I was put in where the barista is and told you will work there. There was a lot of pressure on from the start as it was a new site. You are constantly on your feet and never really get a break. The wages was barely covering the fuel to travel to work. You were told on a constant basis to do training on your mobile at home but were never paid for this. I was never really trained in for the job of barista and if you got an order wrong, management would speak down to you in front of customers. The hours were long, stressful and hard. Always been told to clean up the toilets and shower areas even though it wasn't part of your job, it was disgusting and brought to the attention of the managers who stated its your job, you will do it or you wont have a job to come back to. Constantly been told you could be replaced, it was a stressful enough during the day without been in fear for your job. My contract stated at the start it was for full time days and after about a month or so I was placed onto the night shift, they never stick to their word about your hours I should have been getting 20 to 30 hours when in fact I was working 40 hours plus per week. The work was basic in the shop but in the barista side of things I was never trained properly and it wasn't fair.
Pros
2 free drinks tea or water, discounts on deli food, free parking, decent staff on the shop floor.
Cons
management were rude, no full training given, wages are low, hours are extreme, always cleaning up toilets and shower areas, stressful environment.
Company claiming Covid payments for all employees is greedy and unnecessary.If your lucky enough to have a decent manager I would recommend part time hours not a job anyone could last in full time.Asked constantly to do training apps at home while not in work without pay.Workloads are passed on constantly.Social media groups constantly have messege alerts that might or might not be work related.
Pros
Free Coffee and bottled water
Cons
Treated with lack of respect just a number
I was bullied from a deli supervisor and shop manager when I first started at Circle K. Nothing was done about it and it was clearly known. However, I asked to move to the shop floor when my employer got moved so it wasn't as bad. I think head office and site managers should really think about who they promote as line managers as throughout my experience, I had 3 managers who were all incompetent of doing their job.
Look at any job advertisement for Circle K and it would appear that it is a place that will work with your lifestyle. Sit in a job interview and hear this backed up further with promises of how supported you will be joining a global company. Cut to the reality of working in a site where you are berated for not knowing everything from day one, constantly scrutinised. You meet nice people, staff, trainers but overall you work like a dog and get paid very little
more work, less pay, employees are distanced from one another, no proper communication between employees and employer. very nice work place too, awesome
An overall great place to work. Great opportunities for personal growth within the company. An efficient HR team that get good results. Great benefits with Circle K
It is nice and well coordinate. Store managment and security is high level. Very calm but busy in business atmosphere. Learn about customer handling and store managment.
Great place to work after all, salary can be higher, but we expect that everywhere lol Fast working environment, loads things to do, but at least day goes fast.
Pros
Discount food, fuel, free drinks
Working at Circle K is not that bad. There are no benefits except a small discount on food and 3 free coffees or water. Salary is just above minimum wage and thats fine working at smaller, quiter sites. However working at busy sites thats non stop running around it is a poor salary. Everything is always unorganised and its free for all as management will not train you. You need to figure stuff out alone.
Circle K is ok for the first job just to get your bills paid and thats all. You won’t have any more money. No extra for night shift or weekends. Overall wasn’t too bad.
Good experience, learning, fast paced,good management, great colleagues, competitive, friendly, work hard,no short cuts,. ................... .......
Very good company to work for learn alot during my time in Circle k and management staff were very hardworking and dedicated specially my store manager and area manager were very honest and co-operative
Working at Circle K is enjoyable and I have learned a lot in my current role. I have gained experience and training in the deli and enjoy meeting the customers when I work my shift.
Pros: Fuel discounts Cons: Badly managed. Low chance of getting promoted. Low salary. Random shifts. Large customer volume and a lot of trouble to deal with on daily basis.
The work is more pressurized and the management lacks in taking care of their employees. But learnt many things in the workplace interacting with customers and knowing many people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a great place to work, salary minimum, must work for 10 people. Too much pressure from company and management side. Bonuses are not being paid on time. System issues.
I enjoyed working with circle k during the summer 2019.Having a summer job helped me to gain many skills and experiences.I was a shop assistant at circle k and my day commenced at 8am and I finished work at 6pm.I worked Saturdays and Sunday.
Pros
Friendly staff
  1. Employee reviews