Circle K
Coronavirus update
Information from Circle K:

Circle K Employee Reviews

Ireland28 reviews
An overall great place to work.
Great opportunities for personal growth within the company.

An efficient HR team that get good results.

Great benefits with Circle K
Company claiming Covid payments for all employees is greedy and unnecessary.
If your lucky enough to have a decent manager I would recommend part time hours not a job anyone could last in full time.

Asked constantly to do training apps at home while not in work without pay.

Workloads are passed on constantly.

Social media groups constantly have messege alerts that might or might not be work related.
Pros
Free Coffee and bottled water
Cons
Treated with lack of respect just a number
I was bullied from a deli supervisor and shop manager when I first started at Circle K. Nothing was done about it and it was clearly known. However, I asked to move to the shop floor when my employer got moved so it wasn't as bad. I think head office and site managers should really think about who they promote as line managers as throughout my experience, I had 3 managers who were all incompetent of doing their job.
Look at any job advertisement for Circle K and it would appear that it is a place that will work with your lifestyle. Sit in a job interview and hear this backed up further with promises of how supported you will be joining a global company.
Cut to the reality of working in a site where you are berated for not knowing everything from day one, constantly scrutinised. You meet nice people, staff, trainers but overall you work like a dog and get paid very little
more work, less pay, employees are distanced from one another, no proper communication between employees and employer. very nice work place too, awesome
It is nice and well coordinate. Store managment and security is high level.
Very calm but busy in business atmosphere.

Learn about customer handling and store managment.
Great place to work after all, salary can be higher, but we expect that everywhere lol Fast working environment, loads things to do, but at least day goes fast.
Pros
Discount food, fuel, free drinks
Working at Circle K is not that bad. There are no benefits except a small discount on food and 3 free coffees or water. Salary is just above minimum wage and thats fine working at smaller, quiter sites. However working at busy sites thats non stop running around it is a poor salary. Everything is always unorganised and its free for all as management will not train you. You need to figure stuff out alone.
Circle K is ok for the first job just to get your bills paid and thats all. You won’t have any more money. No extra for night shift or weekends. Overall wasn’t too bad.
Good experience, learning, fast paced,good management, great colleagues, competitive, friendly, work hard,no short cuts,.
................... .......
Very good company to work for learn alot during my time in Circle k and management staff were very hardworking and dedicated specially my store manager and area manager were very honest and co-operative
Working at Circle K is enjoyable and I have learned a lot in my current role. I have gained experience and training in the deli and enjoy meeting the customers when I work my shift.
Pros: Fuel discounts
Cons: Badly managed. Low chance of getting promoted. Low salary. Random shifts. Large customer volume and a lot of trouble to deal with on daily basis.
The work is more pressurized and the management lacks in taking care of their employees. But learnt many things in the workplace interacting with customers and knowing many people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a great place to work, salary minimum, must work for 10 people. Too much pressure from company and management side. Bonuses are not being paid on time. System issues.
I enjoyed working with circle k during the summer 2019.Having a summer job helped me to gain many skills and experiences.I was a shop assistant at circle k and my day commenced at 8am and I finished work at 6pm.I worked Saturdays and Sunday.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
I'm a Part time worker in Circle K and have worked there about 6 months, training is inadequate as hardly anything I learned (besides basics like tills and stock) was useful.
Management is poor to say the least, no consideration is given to your needs, many senior staff who have worked with the company for years are leaving as a testament to this.

It's very hard to balance a healthy social life in my case as I go to college full time, and stay behind to study til late in the evening. Thus I must work on weekends due to the 8 hour shifts, and can only work the evening shift as senior staff are given the morning shifts, meaning I can't even get out on a weekend to meet my friends, and I'm too busy with college to do anything during the week.
Pros
Free hot drinks.
Cons
Long shifts with no chance of short shifts. Hard to balance social life and work.
The majority of the day consisted of dealing with customers and to provide them with a high level of customer service. This meant dealing with them in a quick and efficient manner and something in a pedantic manner if customers had queries or a complaint.
This gave me the opportunity to enhance a lot of my soft skills which I think would transfer over to many other roles in other industries.

For example, my communication skills increased as I dealt with customers,management and suppliers on a daily basis.

Organisational and planning skills were also essential as it being one of the busiest service stations in the country it was key to be efficient with my time in order to fulfill my role effectively.

The culture was very good as the company had many perks and I really felt valued by my cohorts and managers.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was dealing with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Free coffee and lunches
Cons
High turnover on staff
good place for a while, as wages not great. sometimes targets can be too high, specially in deli. Supervisors not so supportive. A lot to do for low income, however worked well as trampoline for me to go further in different place
Pros
staff discount for food
Cons
salary
Learn a range of new skills and earn good pay while balancing work and study life easily. The management is very good and always on hand to help and the staff are friendly and willing to train you in anything you wish to learn.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Probably the most challenging place I have worked since I have started working. the garage was open 24hours a day and you have to be will to willing to work around the clock