Circle K

Circle K Management reviews

Found 11 reviews matching the search See all 8,370 reviews
Overall good
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 December 2019
Good experience, learning, fast paced,good management, great colleagues, competitive, friendly, work hard,no short cuts,.
................... .......
Very good company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cashel, County Tipperary23 November 2019
Very good company to work for learn alot during my time in Circle k and management staff were very hardworking and dedicated specially my store manager and area manager were very honest and co-operative
Better place
Retail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin2 September 2019
The work is more pressurized and the management lacks in taking care of their employees. But learnt many things in the workplace interacting with customers and knowing many people.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Clondalkin, County Dublin27 August 2019
Not a great place to work, salary minimum, must work for 10 people. Too much pressure from company and management side. Bonuses are not being paid on time. System issues.
Circle K is Stressful
Shop Staff (Current Employee) –  Limerick4 August 2019
I'm a Part time worker in Circle K and have worked there about 6 months, training is inadequate as hardly anything I learned (besides basics like tills and stock) was useful.
Management is poor to say the least, no consideration is given to your needs, many senior staff who have worked with the company for years are leaving as a testament to this.
It's very hard to balance a healthy social life in my case as I go to college full time, and stay behind to study til late in the evening. Thus I must work on weekends due to the 8 hour shifts, and can only work the evening shift as senior staff are given the morning shifts, meaning I can't even get out on a weekend to meet my friends, and I'm too busy with college to do anything during the week.
Pros
Free hot drinks.
Cons
Long shifts with no chance of short shifts. Hard to balance social life and work.
It was a friendly and fun environment to work in. It gave me the opportunity to deal with customer face to face on a daily basis which I enjoyed.
Part-time sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Cashel, Co. Tipperary3 August 2019
The majority of the day consisted of dealing with customers and to provide them with a high level of customer service. This meant dealing with them in a quick and efficient manner and something in a pedantic manner if customers had queries or a complaint.
This gave me the opportunity to enhance a lot of my soft skills which I think would transfer over to many other roles in other industries.
For example, my communication skills increased as I dealt with customers,management and suppliers on a daily basis.
Organisational and planning skills were also essential as it being one of the busiest service stations in the country it was key to be efficient with my time in order to fulfill my role effectively.
The culture was very good as the company had many perks and I really felt valued by my cohorts and managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was dealing with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Free coffee and lunches
Cons
High turnover on staff
I would never advise anyone to apply for a job in Ballacolla Circle K
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballacolla, County Laois21 May 2019
Circle K is a nice company to work for, good salary, training provided, free drinks and part meals, this company respects their employees, but Ballacolla Circle K it was the most stressful job that I ever had and the only job that I really never liked to go to, the management... the staff so unfriendly and never helping you with anything, night shifts that you had to do, overall the worse ever job that I ever had! No wonder they look to hire people every month, no one stays for too long there, only that kind of people that call in sick every few weeks, the "hardworking" ones ha
ha 😆
Pros
Free drinks, meals, training.
Cons
Everything else
Fun working experience
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin7 May 2019
I learnt various store management skills like stock tacking, space management, etc. The hardest part of the job was doing night shifts a few times. It was an enjoyable experience for me as I got to know how the working culture is in Ireland.
Pros
Exposure to work culture and on time pay
Cons
sometimes night shifts
Management worked and treated like dogs.
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  undisclosed15 April 2019
long hours, little support, labour budgets low but expectations high so management end up working long hours to complete expected workload as usually nobody to delegate to. Senior Management operate autocratic style of formulae management, dont take feedback and quick to hold accountable without support or investigation. very early mornings, late nights and weekends. incentive schemes are good but usually linked to unachievable targets. They sound good on paper but the reality does not match their perceptions of themselves. Theres much better employers out there.
Pros
fuelcard, pension.
Cons
long hours, dont care about people only profit.
good
Deli Assitant (Current Employee) –  Cork8 September 2018
Circle K is a good place to work for but there is a lot of things wrong with it. I was always told to remove my piercings by 'employees' not even management while there were other employees with piercings. Its intense for such a simple job.The management in Circle K is very good. They're very helpful when it came to personal problems and problems at work.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
bad hours