Claire's Employee Reviews

Found 14 reviews matching the search See all 3,170 reviews
4 hour contracts!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 November 2019
Was available to work full time, but was given 4-8 hours a week. They claimed they did not have enough hours. However we had 10 other staff members in one tiny shop, who were all given 4 hour contracts. Apparently this was done, so they do not need to give us holiday pay
Fun workplace
Keyholder supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carlow8 September 2018
Made lots of.friends.
Fun environment
Customer service driven
Target driven through sales.
Strong company ethic with a massive company support for each store
Pros
Staff discount
great experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Limerick27 February 2018
Claires is a great job to have,it was my first job snd a amazing experience.it gave me a lot of confidence working with customers.My usual day at work is me opening up the shop in the mornings taking care of all the emails and working on tills and making sure everything in the shop is in place. my management team is very nice people i get along very well with them. I dont think my job is any bit hard but sometimes it can be stressfull around christmas time when the shop gets busy.The most enjoyable part of my job is the my co workers there the nicest people and dealing with customers il be there two years this april but now im looking for a career change iv always wanted to work in a sports shop because also did sports and recuration in college. id love to be able to hear back from you soon thanks for reading.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
busy days
A fun environment to work in and good team to be apart of.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Limerick6 June 2017
A typical day at work would have been the opening and closing of the store. Keeping store standards at all times, replenning the stock and managing deliveries while keeping the team motivated to hit store targets and individual targets. My favourite part of the job was training new team members on ear piercing and dealing with customers and making sure they leave happy to guarantee customer loyalty.
Stay away
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland11 April 2017
This place changes it's mind with the blink of an eye , unrealistic demands and unfair time frame , expect no life work just with this company.
Your training is read from a book which is ridiculously low in standards.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  limerick28 February 2017
I liked the job itself. There customer service standards were overly high.
Pay wasn't worth what we were doing, benefits only went to managers.
Extra work wasn't appreciated was just tossed aside.
Cons
not enough hours, manager
Fun workplace great oppertunities to advance in
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mullingar, County Westmeath23 February 2017
Friendly environment, potential to advance and improve. Flexible working hours to fit around family and other commitments. Sociable atmosphere and great place to make connections
Pros
Opportunity to advance
Cons
Low pay
Energetic workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin25 June 2016
Customer service is the most important thing in this job, drive sales and exceed your sales goals, challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Discount
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D23 January 2016
Office duties and waitressing are both different but both have their own enjoyable aspects. Office work is good due to the fact I always knew how much work I needed to get done within a time limit, however I also liked waitressing because of the social aspect.
Very particular workplace with high customer service standards
Retail Assistant (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Bray, WW15 October 2014
I found the customer service requirements at Claire's to be quite invasive on the customers, and therefore it was quite a difficult standard to live up to. My knowledge of the products was very good and it did not take me very long to register the offers and deals in the store. I learned how to use a till and ended up being quite good at that.
Being vigilant of shoplifters was a huge key factor I learned while working in the store. All sorts of characters come into the shop and cause all sorts of trouble, and I now know the key signs of a shoplifter.
Unfortunately my salary was not enough as I only had about eight hours a week in the store and as it was my first proper job, I was emergency taxed.
Do not apply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ireland25 June 2014
If you have any self respect, drive or life at the moment be prepared to give it all up for this company, to be told that you are just never good enough.
They set you up to fail and then twist everything to blame you! Hours are reduced on an annual basis along with the work load being increased and you are expected to give free hours ( complementary hours as called by the Regional Manager) to complete these tasks.
They are bullies who tear you down piece by piece.
During my time with this company I cannot count on my fingers and toes the amount of staff I have seen leave!
How this company has not been shut down or investigated by employment rights officers is beyond me.
Breaks are not given or available within the legal entitlements. Minimal hours are given for stores to trade.
Their way of punishing staff is giving them less hours until they leave, most staff are employed on a 4 hour contract which enables them to do this. 1 hour per day isn't worth anyone's time!!
You will be told you work for an English company and Irish laws do not apply.
The only good part of this job was the strong bond between staff members due to having to pull together at all times to comply with companies standards and procedures.
I would advise people strongly not to apply for a position within this company!! Their HR department wants to know nothing of complaints and will just send you around in circles.
I would rather be happy and live little on social welfare than work for Claire's again.
Pros
50% off Jewelery and kids, 25% off accessories and make-up, 10% off Licenced
Cons
Endless.
Claires Accessories, Retail Supervisor (2013-2014)
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterford, Ireland25 November 2013
This role has enabled me to develop skills in customer service at an advanced level, with more responsibilities including opening and closing the store. I also assisted Sales Assistants in driving sales, processing store deliveries, visual merchandising and processing stock takes, markdowns and promotions. My administrative duties included calculating and filing store reports and managing tills floats.
Fun workplace and motivating
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dublin23 March 2012
This company is a fun workplace. I enjoy work everyday and find it very motivating and driven.