Clarks Employee Reviews

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 1,237 reviews
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 November 2019
I enjoyed working in Clarks Shoe Shop on my summer holidays, it was a nice place to work and all the staff were very nice.

It was a very busy shop to work in but I gained lots of experience from it.
Everday is different
Assistant manager of a top 50 store (Former Employee) –  Dundrum5 November 2018
A great place to work which invests so much time and effort into training. Not just training their new staff but also seasoned members who have been there for years will all get refreshers. It's a great environment.
Excellent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundrum14 February 2018
A typical day at work was busy but fun! Everyone who worked in Clarks Dundrum were friendly and helpful. I learned many things, but I mainly got to improve on my customer service skills. I learned how to measure children's feet correctly and in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unfriendly customers but the most enjoyable was dealing with all the friendly customers!
Pros
Good pay, worked weekends
Fast paced and enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2016
My job mainly included approaching customers and assessing their needs in a competitive and fast paced environment.
I have gained a lot of knowledge about customer care and how to overcome objections.
I thouroughly enjoyed working as part of a team but can also act on my own initiative
Awful company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland16 June 2016
I worked for Clarks for almost a year.
I found them to be quite unprofessional in many ways.
They would make workers start about 15 minutes early for their start up meetings and up to 30 minutes after their shift and not receive any pay or incentives for working extra.
The would also try to include staff meetings (groups or individuals outside of working hours) to suit themselves.
It was the first time I had seen this kind of system in a job which is unethical and unfair.
I found them to be very unhelpful at times with hours. There was a couple of times I asked to start earlier so that I could finish earlier to tend to matters at home which would have made no difference whatsoever to the business however they were unhelpful and only wanted to suit themselves.
The management were particularly bad, the store manager worked only 20 hours per week where as the assistant manager worked 6 to 7 days most weeks and ran the shop while the store manager had trouble with simple tasks while the assistant was out.
On a couple of occasions another employee with whom i worked with had been screamed at, abused, given no help when needed, shouted at and on one occasion a manager threw a shoe out at them out of anger.
The list could go on but I highly recommend avoiding working for the company.
Or not buying their highly overpriced products.
Pros
Hard to find any
Cons
hard to get by on hours given
Lovely job
Sales Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin29 May 2016
i loved being employed by clarks wonderful cooperative people and helped me every step to improve my sales and enjoy my time the only thing i had a problem with was my working hours i got on average 12 hours a week if that maximum i have gotten was 20 and that was a once off and each shift was late night or evening which ruined any chance of a social life over summer
Pros
high wage and lovely staff
Cons
short hours maximum 20 hours a week
management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, NIR9 September 2015
Learned to manage people and use my skills in different ways with many people. Every day was a challenge and new experience.
Good people
Henry Street & Swords - Shoe Sales (Former Employee) –  Dublin14 August 2015
I never really settled in working there but a bunch of great people. I did not like the targets set I thought they weremto high and hard to reach
Clarks shoes
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D6 November 2014
Clarks is a traditional company which focus on everyday targets. They have what they call a start p meeting every start of shift which is good to motivate and get the people who are starting on the day update on how the day has been or is going to look like. They also focus on delivering excellent costumer service and treating every costumer as a VIP.
Great work enviroment
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  tallaght15 July 2014
Was my first job, was a great job, learned a lot
about the shoe industry and shelf and stock management
The team are a fantastic bunch to learn from and work with.
Thought me how to use a till and a lot more
Pros
Good pay
Friendly and productive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 August 2013
I was a shoe sales assistant,I was part of the team in the adult's section of the store. I basically had to sell as many shoes as I possible could to each person. I think hardest part of my job was actually,I had to sell as least two pairs of shoes to every customer and then I had to fill out a sheet,basically stating how much I put into store and how much I made.
All the other co-workers were so friendly and really helpful. It was like a little family,just looking out for each other.
I learnt so much from the other co-workers and from different customers coming into the store. I honestly can say my memory has improved,just from remembering what shoes sizes and makes of shoes. I also learned to really sell the shoe to the customer and any other product that we sold in store,don't push too much but make they leave the store with something.
My most enjoyable part of working there was getting the experience from the store. I've never worked in a busy shoe store before so it was a great experience to get.