Clarks Employee Reviews in Dublin

3.4Job Security & Advancement
Found 6 reviews matching the search See all 1,293 reviews
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 November 2019
I enjoyed working in Clarks Shoe Shop on my summer holidays, it was a nice place to work and all the staff were very nice.

It was a very busy shop to work in but I gained lots of experience from it.
Fast paced and enjoyable workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2016
My job mainly included approaching customers and assessing their needs in a competitive and fast paced environment.
I have gained a lot of knowledge about customer care and how to overcome objections.
I thouroughly enjoyed working as part of a team but can also act on my own initiative
Awful company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland16 June 2016
I worked for Clarks for almost a year.
I found them to be quite unprofessional in many ways.
They would make workers start about 15 minutes early for their start up meetings and up to 30 minutes after their shift and not receive any pay or incentives for working extra.
The would also try to include staff meetings (groups or individuals outside of working hours) to suit themselves.
It was the first time I had seen this kind of system in a job which is unethical and unfair.
I found them to be very unhelpful at times with hours. There was a couple of times I asked to start earlier so that I could finish earlier to tend to matters at home which would have made no difference whatsoever to the business however they were unhelpful and only wanted to suit themselves.
The management were particularly bad, the store manager worked only 20 hours per week where as the assistant manager worked 6 to 7 days most weeks and ran the shop while the store manager had trouble with simple tasks while the assistant was out.
On a couple of occasions another employee with whom i worked with had been screamed at, abused, given no help when needed, shouted at and on one occasion a manager threw a shoe out at them out of anger.
The list could go on but I highly recommend avoiding working for the company.
Or not buying their highly overpriced products.
Pros
Hard to find any
Cons
hard to get by on hours given
Clarks shoes
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D6 November 2014
Clarks is a traditional company which focus on everyday targets. They have what they call a start p meeting every start of shift which is good to motivate and get the people who are starting on the day update on how the day has been or is going to look like. They also focus on delivering excellent costumer service and treating every costumer as a VIP.
Friendly and productive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin30 August 2013
I was a shoe sales assistant,I was part of the team in the adult's section of the store. I basically had to sell as many shoes as I possible could to each person. I think hardest part of my job was actually,I had to sell as least two pairs of shoes to every customer and then I had to fill out a sheet,basically stating how much I put into store and how much I made.
All the other co-workers were so friendly and really helpful. It was like a little family,just looking out for each other.
I learnt so much from the other co-workers and from different customers coming into the store. I honestly can say my memory has improved,just from remembering what shoes sizes and makes of shoes. I also learned to really sell the shoe to the customer and any other product that we sold in store,don't push too much but make they leave the store with something.
My most enjoyable part of working there was getting the experience from the store. I've never worked in a busy shoe store before so it was a great experience to get.