Clarks

Clarks Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant6 reviews
Ireland6 reviews
I was a shoe sales assistant,I was part of the team in the adult's section of the store. I basically had to sell as many shoes as I possible could to each person. I think hardest part of my job was actually,I had to sell as least two pairs of shoes to every customer and then I had to fill out a sheet,basically stating how much I put into store and how much I made.
All the other co-workers were so friendly and really helpful. It was like a little family,just looking out for each other.

I learnt so much from the other co-workers and from different customers coming into the store. I honestly can say my memory has improved,just from remembering what shoes sizes and makes of shoes. I also learned to really sell the shoe to the customer and any other product that we sold in store,don't push too much but make they leave the store with something.

My most enjoyable part of working there was getting the experience from the store. I've never worked in a busy shoe store before so it was a great experience to get.
Management are a disgrace. Bully several staff and get away with it. Store and assistant manager do nothing and rely on supervisors to do all the work for them. Area manager is well aware of how staff are treated by management and ignores it.
Pros
Cons
Subject to bullying, expected to start early and stay late (unpaid) treated horribly.
I enjoyed working in Clarks Shoe Shop on my summer holidays, it was a nice place to work and all the staff were very nice.

It was a very busy shop to work in but I gained lots of experience from it.
A typical day at work was busy but fun! Everyone who worked in Clarks Dundrum were friendly and helpful. I learned many things, but I mainly got to improve on my customer service skills. I learned how to measure children's feet correctly and in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unfriendly customers but the most enjoyable was dealing with all the friendly customers!
Pros
Good pay, worked weekends
My job mainly included approaching customers and assessing their needs in a competitive and fast paced environment.
I have gained a lot of knowledge about customer care and how to overcome objections.

I thouroughly enjoyed working as part of a team but can also act on my own initiative
Was my first job, was a great job, learned a lot
about the shoe industry and shelf and stock management

The team are a fantastic bunch to learn from and work with.

Thought me how to use a till and a lot more
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.