Clarks Employee Review

Awful company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ireland16 June 2016
I worked for Clarks for almost a year.
I found them to be quite unprofessional in many ways.
They would make workers start about 15 minutes early for their start up meetings and up to 30 minutes after their shift and not receive any pay or incentives for working extra.
The would also try to include staff meetings (groups or individuals outside of working hours) to suit themselves.
It was the first time I had seen this kind of system in a job which is unethical and unfair.
I found them to be very unhelpful at times with hours. There was a couple of times I asked to start earlier so that I could finish earlier to tend to matters at home which would have made no difference whatsoever to the business however they were unhelpful and only wanted to suit themselves.
The management were particularly bad, the store manager worked only 20 hours per week where as the assistant manager worked 6 to 7 days most weeks and ran the shop while the store manager had trouble with simple tasks while the assistant was out.
On a couple of occasions another employee with whom i worked with had been screamed at, abused, given no help when needed, shouted at and on one occasion a manager threw a shoe out at them out of anger.
The list could go on but I highly recommend avoiding working for the company.
Or not buying their highly overpriced products.
Pros
Hard to find any
Cons
hard to get by on hours given

Other Clarks Employee Reviews

Stressful environment, tolerates bullying from management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dundrum, County Dublin20 January 2020
Management are a disgrace. Bully several staff and get away with it. Store and assistant manager do nothing and rely on supervisors to do all the work for them. Area manager is well aware of how staff are treated by management and ignores it.
Pros
Cons
Subject to bullying, expected to start early and stay late (unpaid) treated horribly.
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin13 November 2019
I enjoyed working in Clarks Shoe Shop on my summer holidays, it was a nice place to work and all the staff were very nice.

It was a very busy shop to work in but I gained lots of experience from it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.