Clarks
Clarks Employee Review

Awful company to work for

16 June 2016
I worked for Clarks for almost a year.
I found them to be quite unprofessional in many ways.

They would make workers start about 15 minutes early for their start up meetings and up to 30 minutes after their shift and not receive any pay or incentives for working extra.

The would also try to include staff meetings (groups or individuals outside of working hours) to suit themselves.

It was the first time I had seen this kind of system in a job which is unethical and unfair.

I found them to be very unhelpful at times with hours. There was a couple of times I asked to start earlier so that I could finish earlier to tend to matters at home which would have made no difference whatsoever to the business however they were unhelpful and only wanted to suit themselves.

The management were particularly bad, the store manager worked only 20 hours per week where as the assistant manager worked 6 to 7 days most weeks and ran the shop while the store manager had trouble with simple tasks while the assistant was out.

On a couple of occasions another employee with whom i worked with had been screamed at, abused, given no help when needed, shouted at and on one occasion a manager threw a shoe out at them out of anger.

The list could go on but I highly recommend avoiding working for the company.

Or not buying their highly overpriced products.
Pros
Hard to find any
Cons
hard to get by on hours given
13 November 2019
Same location
I enjoyed working in Clarks Shoe Shop on my summer holidays, it was a nice place to work and all the staff were very nice.

It was a very busy shop to work in but I gained lots of experience from it.
22 August 2016
My job mainly included approaching customers and assessing their needs in a competitive and fast paced environment.
I have gained a lot of knowledge about customer care and how to overcome objections.

I thouroughly enjoyed working as part of a team but can also act on my own initiative
14 August 2015
Same location
I never really settled in working there but a bunch of great people. I did not like the targets set I thought they weremto high and hard to reach
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.