Clarks
Clarks Employee Review

Stressful environment, tolerates bullying from management

20 January 2020
Management are a disgrace. Bully several staff and get away with it. Store and assistant manager do nothing and rely on supervisors to do all the work for them. Area manager is well aware of how staff are treated by management and ignores it.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Cons
Subject to bullying, expected to start early and stay late (unpaid) treated horribly.
13 November 2019
Same role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dublin
I enjoyed working in Clarks Shoe Shop on my summer holidays, it was a nice place to work and all the staff were very nice. It was a very busy shop to work in but I gained lots of experience from it.
14 February 2018
Same roleSame location
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) - Dundrum
A typical day at work was busy but fun! Everyone who worked in Clarks Dundrum were friendly and helpful. I learned many things, but I mainly got to improve on my customer service skills. I learned how to measure children's feet correctly and in a professional manner. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unfriendly customers but the most enjoyable was dealing with all the friendly customers!
Pros
Good pay, worked weekends
5 November 2018
Same location
Assistant manager of a top 50 store (Former Employee) - Dundrum
A great place to work which invests so much time and effort into training. Not just training their new staff but also seasoned members who have been there for years will all get refreshers. It's a great environment.
  1. Stressful environment, tolerates bullying from management