CLAYTON HOTEL

CLAYTON HOTEL Employee Reviews

Ireland25 reviews

Maintenance Management

Good employer for training and generally very good people to work for. Lots of opportunities to progress within the company but salaries could be more competitive.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Turnover of staff

Nothing to improve

It is a company with many opportunities to work, but the management don't care about ways to work or previous experience. Workers without experience or without no energy or motivation to work.Minimum salary, students,

Pros

Gym included

Cons

Students (under 20s)

Great place to work for.

Great place to work. Lovely management, they are there for you and your needs, just fantastic people to work with. Very happy to be a part of that team. Nice atmosphere and nice friendly staff.

Pros

free lunches, discounts in sister hotels, discounts for gym etc.

Cons

Not a fun place to work anymore

Management is the bar is a complete joke. They don’t have anymore Qualified bartenders only part-time staff that are only between 19-22 with no Previous bartender experience. They mostly spend all there time on there phone. Oh and management take a Percentage of your tips you make everyday Even though they don’t bother to help you. They have a female manager in the bar who is not a nice person at all after a week you’ll want to leave the place as quickly as possible

Pros

No pros

Cons

Bad Management and coordination

Understaffed, underpaid and untrained

No understanding of what it takes to run a successful bar. Wearing their best staff to the bone with illegally long plus split shifts, incredibly lazy managers who watch you do all the work. Do not work here.

Productive and fun work place

great place to work, great team and great managers, very busy hotel, with many clients, everything is at a great professional level, I learned professionalism and customer service at the highest level.

About my experience

I had a bad experience in Clayton hotel, extremely harassing leadership, most apparent army colonels. I suffered a long during the time I worked there, many moral seats, sometimes without lunchtime and always leaving, the most serious was the supervisor, on occasions related to manager, but the harassment continued and many supervisors are the same situation, conduct and practices.

hard

its a very nice hotel, but very hard work. you have to be willling to really want to work to do this job. the staff are great its just the job is hard

Good experience

In this hotel, I had a great experience in the hotel business. Even though I was housekeeping, I was able to explore other areas and see how it was managed, formenting my knowledge.

Bien buenos compañeros

Tienen un buen ambiente de trabajo tanto con los compañeros como con los cargos superiores

Boa empresa, gerencia falha

Bom lugar para se trabalhar, porém, alguns gerentes menosprezam funcionarios. Outros membros da equipe são bons e solícitos

great work place

I worked at the Clayton for 3 months. It was a great place to work however due to school and my studies I had to give it up. I enjoyed my time there immensely.

I don't like

The other housekeepers don't share their equipments. There aren't linen enough in the stores. Is a big company, but pay the minimum salary per hour. I know a lot of hotel (smaller than ) that pays 11 euros per hour. Supervisors are friendly and polite.

Great

good people, Great training, room for advancement. I am happy to work here and feel my creativity is appreciated. I would recommend a job within any part of the salary corporation.

ok

It was my first job here in Ireland and was very good becouse of familiar and kind people. I changed this job only becouse i had a room far from this place. Now i can change my place of living

bad work hours but good team

The hours were difficult to work but the work environment was good. The job wasnt too hard however it was alot for minimum wage as it went on until 12.

Heavy workplace

Hotel with very large staff turnover. Heavy equipment, there is no equipment necessary for the maids to do agile and effective work. And with little or no feedback.

Underated

I personally think the hotel is way overrated, as a guest or employee there is a huge gap of what is expected and what is offered. There are many young staff which make the place more fun and nice to be. However, older people tend to be much more arrogant, unpleasant and rude towards new employees. The shifts are impossible sometimes, and if you try to give an opinion, nobody will really care. Also it is very common that the hours you work do not really match with your payslip. They offer basically the minimun salary and still discount you weekly amounts for unknown reasons. There are benefits as gym and hotel discounts, which are not that convenient if you are not a full time employee.

Pros

good colleage, young environment mostly

Cons

Terrible management, toxic culture

productive workplace

i like the colleges, really helpfull, and the managemment is so happy and kind, the guest sometimes left tips, there is a lot of new staffs who needs help

Good place, nice staff

The place is nice, sometimes gets very busy. There are no bonuses or extra. A good beginning for someone who wants to start working in hospitality. Payment is desirable to be better.

Pros

Good environment, friendly staff

Cons

low payment

Productive and good place

Very good place to work. Management is very good aswell. I enjoyed every minute i spent there and I would reccomend it to anyone, I have learnt a lot there and I would like to pass that knowledge.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CLAYTON HOTEL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement