Coinstar

Coinstar Employee Reviews

Fexible work schedule, be your own boss so to speak. Plan your days, get the work done and you are left alone. Pay will never be great but the freedom and independence makes up for it, IMO.
Be your own boss and get paid decently. It was one of the best places I've worked. Start my day from home, plan my day, get my work done, and you are left alone.
This company is a complete joke. They are poisonous and paranoid of and to their employees. They have no direction as an organization and are very slow to adapt to changing markets and customer needs.
Pros
None. Avoid this company like the plaque they are.
Cons
Paranoid, horrible pay, treat people like objects, sub par benefits.
Overall Coinstar it was a great company and organization to work for until they tried to diversify and catch up with Redbox Coinstar is now focusing on the coin machines which is great and not trying to diversify and replace Redbox
Pros
Cons
Management structure
If I didn't get another dream job position I would not of left. All full time and contractors where great to work with and willing to share the knowledge they had.
Great compnay to work for. Make a great people to work with, and great environment. Love the day to day and would recommend other to work here. Of given the chance jump for it.
As a Manager of District Operations, you must be be prepared to work very long days and spend a minimum of 60% of your time away from home. On the other hand, it is a very unique and intriguing industry in which to work.
Pros
Good pay if negotiated up front!
Cons
Long days and a lot of time away from home.
Great job if you like working on your own. Hours are great, lunch is taken when you want to. Shift start times are within a 3 hours gap (6a-9a). The earlier you start your day, the earlier your home.
What I love about working at Coinstar is my ability to make a difference and drive change. The company truly cares about us and provides a great total compensation package. Since I have been here I have been able to take on projects outside the scope of my role which has allowed me to grow my skill set and feel engaged.
Pros
Great work-life balance and benefits
For the most part, I really enjoyed my time at Coinstar. I looked forward to going to work every day. The downside was my interaction with management. I had one of the busier areas in the country but I was expected to have the same numbers as areas with a third of the volume. No consideration or help was given to help meet my numbers. It seemed like if my manager wanted me gone, he was able to work it out that I was not able to meet my numbers.
Pros
Flexible schedule and decent pay.
Cons
Manager has too much control on how efficient your area could work
Have fun while making funds. There were ups and downs but if you did your job correctly , they definitely compensate you for it ! Aim for your weekly goals and score big on your paycheck.
Your only responsibility is to get the job needed done and to do it with 40 hours per week. VERY rarely you get authorized to do overtime. I enjoy it because it is very relaxed and you get crazy amounts of PTO but very little pay if you just started. Takes a very long time to get a true increase on your pay. Good for a single person, possibly a college student.
Pros
Great work/life balance. Relaxed work
Cons
Little pay for the amount of work and driving you do.
Very Good Company to work for, alot of Freedom and Trust between employees and management. good perks including company vehicle, fuel , phone, they take care of their employees Good Pay and Benefits. overall very relaxing culture.
Pros
dont micro manage their employees
Cons
not much growth to move up internally
My area included all of South Texas for 4 1/2 years. I got consistent annual reviews and pay raises. I worked my 40 hours in 4 days and I had 3 days off. My boss would hold annual employee picnics for all employees at a state park which included camping, fishing, etc. This is a good company if you like to be an independent technician. The equipment maintenance was easy. The company has made many changes since I left. Techs are no longer required to collect coin bins. Wages have gone up.
Pros
family oriented company, 401K, health, dental and vision insurance
Cons
You work independently in large service areas with little overtime.
Had good benefits but after the sale to an investment company, it all went downhill from there. Not a good place to work now. They are only out for the bottom line so they can sell the company.
Pros
Used to be good benefits and work was interesting
Cons
Bad environment benefits going down hill, management is only looking at the bottom line and not wanting to help the employees at all!!
It used to be a great place to work now they only care for is the revenue and micro managing. They stopped caring for the employees and don't promote from within.
Pros
day shift
Cons
no advancement
Very physically demanding. If you don't mind tearing your body apart on the job this is a good fit for you. Never had a raise. Starting salary was very low for what is expected of you. Hours are long and very exhausting. No career advancement unless you are willing to relocate. No one to help you when you need it.
Pros
On your own driving
Cons
Low pay, a lot of overtime in summer, physically demanding, no career advancement
This company provides you with a great work life balance in which many people long for in this day and time. I worked from home so instead of wasting hours traveling to to work, I was able to go into my home office earlier and work with little to no distractions. Finally, it also allowed me to pick my kids up in the evening. We learned to work hard and play harder and that was the most enjoyable part of this job. Working as a team on different projects, minimal travel and management was very supportive.
My job on a typical day would be to attract new business for our company which is a money transmitter and our biggest competition was Western Union (to give you an idea). I was really good at bringing the business in and taking clients to lunch and dinners to consilidate the deals where we charge a fee of where they want to send money around the world and i get a commison of 1.5%-3% of the fee on all transactions made.
He said unemployment was high, farmers were helpless, education was expensive and medical costs were soaring because the government had not set up new hospitals, corruption was very high and a handful of industrialists and corporates could take away land, water and other resources while the BJP government in the State remained a mute spectator.
Coinstar has been redesigned to be a place for a short sell and worker bees just executing for the executive team. The company has lost its community culture and it was the people that brought me to work each day and now everyone is exhausted.