Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 2,250 reviews
Feel good job
Carer (Current Employee) –  South Dublin12 December 2018
This is the most rewarding job I've done. I adore going to my clients daily and helping them out. We get updates regularly about whats going on in the company. I have to say when the storms happened I was worried about myself and my clients but the team were so good to me, constantly checking in on me and they made sure we all got home safe before the storm hit. I really like working here.
Pros
Team, Clients, Working Hours, Perks
Cons
would like to have more courses available.
Great Support, Progression and Development Opportunities.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nationwide17 December 2018
I really enjoy working with Comfort Keepers and have had a great experienced with them. I have trained and developed and progressed in my role since being in Comfort Keepers. I would recommend anyone who wants to work with a company that is embracing change and supports you during it.
Pros
Support, Development, Progression
Cons
Very Busy, Can be unpredictable environment.
Hard job but great support and lovely clients
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin19 December 2018
Started working as a carer and looked at all the companies but decided on Comfort Keepers as my friends work there.
Told it was going to be a tough job but honestly i love it
Pros
clients
Good
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 June 2018
I enjoy working here. The staff are a great laugh and the clients are so lovely. I love building relationships with clients and their family.

The hours are very bad, the gaps between clients are ridiculous turning up to some clients half an hour early because your close to them but can't go home as it's not worth your while coming back down to the area.

The pay is OK but only great if you actually get enough hours average 15-20 hours for 11.50. Only really worth it if you get 25+ hours.

The office staff are difficult to talk to, not nice if you say you don't want to care for a certain client or can't cover a shift. Every week is a struggle for hours and it's a long long month til pay day.
Pros
families and carer co workers
Cons
Bad hours, rude office staff, long month til pay day.
Loads of fun
hR (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2018
Hi, great place to work.
Nice people nice offices.
Great experience and rewarding work.
I work with a great team and have learned so much.
I would recommend a great place to work
Pros
Great team. Great expierience
Supportive place to work
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
Really enjoy coming to work every day. My team really help me out. I adore going to my clients. Our tea party in the office was really good fun. I know where I can go in my career in there.
Pros
flexibility with working
Good to Learn
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin20 January 2018
I am responsable to care patients with old age.
I need to read their care plan and to do everything that have there. For example: take shower them, give medications, prepare some meals, to do company and pay atention if the patient is feeling well.
Pros
I can practice and improve my English every day
Cons
I spend too much time going in many houses per day and my money to pay public transportation
Fun and Rewarding place to work
support staff (Current Employee) –  Ireland7 November 2017
Comfort keepers is a great place. it is a fun and rewarding place to work. The atmosphere is good very friendly, clients and employees are both an equal priority. The work is very rewarding to know we are facilitating people living in their own homes for longer. Good bonuses refer a friend rewards etc. Progressive company everyone is encouraged and can gain good experience . Fair and well managed offices.
Pros
Bonuses, refer a friend, good work life balance
Productive and honest company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Regional office12 October 2017
Great company and great individuals doing good and rewarding work to assist and help make a difference to the vulnerable and elderly in our society.

This company continues to improve standards and quality of life for both clients and employees year on year.
Pros
good salaries - continous training - addtional rewards - affiliaiton schemes
Cons
non at present
Zero hour contract = overall low pay
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2017
If you can make it work for you, instead of letting CK wear you out, it can be ok! Just added up mileage after first 6 months, and its very high. Have to be a carer for yourself first!

Protect yourself from pushy way of giving hours that are disruptive to your own life. Office are under pressure and they ruthlessly pass that pressure on to overworked carers. Good genuine carers find it difficult to say no to someone needing care. So, have to learn to say No.

On the other hand, the clients are all so nice and kind, and make it all worthwhile.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Flexible hours!
disorganised
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 September 2017
Although work is based on your own suitability, this does not always happen. Hours are not guaranteed. For drivers, fuel costs are your own and for commuters it can be very tough in bad weather.
Pros
own hours
Cons
driving around all day
productive and fun work place
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorey, County Wexford9 January 2017
I went into elderly peoples homes and helped them around the house made the a hot dinner if needed. I did basic household things like sweep the floor, did the washing up, helped them get ready for bed or out of bed. The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting down and having a chat about random things. the seemed to just like the company sometimes all they wanted was to sit and have a chat about what was happening around the world. Management was great if I needed anything they were just a phone call away.
Pros
good fun with the elderly people
Cons
they started passing away
Fantastic for personal development
Carer (Current Employee) –  Limerick8 March 2017
Working with CK as a carer for three years. Love the job and have met some amazing people along the way. Caring gives you a real sense of purpose and incredible job satisfaction.
Pros
Job flexibilty, Good pay; Frequent training offered to enhance work performance, friendships formed with clients
Cons
Late hours may not suit everyone, No mileage cover (although pay is good)
Stay away
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meath10 December 2016
Clients nice office staff awful speak down to carers like they had no intelligence office staff have no skills in ardee office to construct a rota they often send a number of carers to one call and skip clients no communications with carers no concept of clients needs they hold back wages as punishment to carers who dont hand in time sheets that you have to drive to there office at your owne expence to hand in which is a joke in this day and age not professional no staff retention because of bad mannered office staff
Pros
None nightmare
Cons
Unprofessional office staff
Great place to work.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Louth12 October 2017
Wonderful place to work, very supportive. Great work-life balance, fantastic level of training provided and great benefits.

Very friendly atmosphere and all staff are lovely to work with.
i love being a care assistant
care assistant (Current Employee) –  cavan29 October 2015
I'm the person responsible for making somebody's life easier my job helps people. typical day can be anything I work with wheelchair bound clients who need to be moved with the use of a hoist .some clients are bed ridden and I take care of their personal needs .like contince care and personal hygiene. my co workers and managers are there to help out when ever I may need them or if I'm not sure about something they will help . would like to have more chance of advancement . I am currently doing fetac 5 so pretty tired at end of day but so worth it
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
traveling
Caring and Dynamic Company
Care (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 January 2016
Fabulous company to work for. Both client and employees are equally a focus for managers. Each year new things are brought in to make our jobs easier and the company nicer to work for. We get rewarded if we refer someone to work for the company or if we refer a client which is really nice.

I like that the office is friendly and I can come in and out and talk to my manager or coordinator when I need. My job is very rewarding and I love helping other people out.

Many people have been promoted in the company and I like knowing that I can move to another level if I want to and I will be helped with my training.
Pros
Bonus for referring a friend, informal setting, lots of training and option to train on other things, career progression.
Comfort keepers
Carer of the elderly (Former Employee) –  Dublin,19 August 2014
I loved working in comfort keepers meeting clients, helping them with their day to day life in any way I could, clocking in, preparing meals, desserts, tea, washing, just having a nice chat with them listening to them and making them feel comforted, record all my duties or concerns in the record book and reporting to my manager if necessary, work on my own or as part of a team. Hardest part of the job leaving them alone. Best part of the job is when a client tells you they are so thankful that they were able to stay in their own home thanks to you and its just a feel good job for me being able to help others, treat them as I would like to be treated.
Pros
nice job
Cons
not long enough in a home, driving your own car and using own petrol
Fair and well managed
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin 2418 December 2012
As a carer with comfort keepers I am very happy. I do not have much interaction with other carers but my co-ordinaters are extremely helpful and I know if I ever have any problems all I have to do is pick up the phone. They are always very understanding and make sure the carers are happy as well as the clients. The clients are very nice and so is their families. I really enjoy working for comfort keepers as they are a great agency to work for.
Pros
flexible hours
loved the job but bad hours 6 day per week
care assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin21 September 2014
enjoyed working with the clients love the elderly but the hours were really badly laid out starting at 8.45 am and not finishing until 9 pm and maybe just working 3 or 4 hours in that day for eg doing 30 minutes then nothing for 4 hours then back out for 1 hour then home again then waiting around for your next job, very difficult.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad hours and had to drive from house to house using my own petrol