Play YouTube video button

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 66 reviews matching the search See all 2,845 reviews
rewarding work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2019
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,
Clients are always friendly,
The job is challenging but not stressful,
Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Really fun worthwhile job with a great company
Im a Heath Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin15 July 2019
had work with other companies but none are as good as this one, yes the office will call you loads but overall it was the best training and support I got from all the other 2 companies i worked for
Pros
lots of hours, great trainig app, good support
Cons
lots of vovers
busy busy and very busy
HCA (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 July 2019
first role as a hca and was told it would be busy and it defo was.
My role was based in south Dublin and have some great clients. Office is fine but could have more events for us people out on the road.
Pros
clients, doing what i love
Cons
long hours, traffic
Terrible
Carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 June 2019
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Worst company
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 June 2019
Worst company I ever worked with
Disgusting in all expects,no company standards, no tem work, nobody wants to work and thy dont want to see if u working hard...
productive and rewarding place to work
Client Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Meath2 April 2019
I am only a short time working for Comfort Keepers but i am finding it a very productive company. It is also very rewarding. Colleagues are so supportive and helpful.
Pros
flexibility and part-time hours
Clear management direction and responsiveness
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland28 December 2018
Comfort Keepers is a breath of fresh air to work with and within. Maybe this is partly reflective of my previous employer (another Healthcare provider) and their management methods but this Company is a great place to be.
Clear direction, clear understanding of where you are and what is expected of you. Excellent support available in all roles, room to grow, actively encouraging you to train & upskill all the time and prepared to support you in doing so.
For me though - the single best thing is knowing for an absolute fact that my manager has my back! Always!
Pros
Room & support to grow & get promotions
Cons
Few, the workload is heavy at times but there is reward
Rewarding job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 December 2018
I work in my clients home and do things to help them out like helping them shower, getting them dressed and making them food. My clients are so lovely and I enjoy going to see them when I'm working.
The girls in the office are great and no question is a big deal for them. I love going into the office for a cup of tea and a chat.
Pros
My clients, lots of information about the company and what's happening, the people I work with
Comfort Keepers Cares
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin19 December 2018
I really enjoy working with Comfort Keepers, especially the people that I work with.

Comfort Keepers has a fantastic induction program where I was given training about the company, basic care skills and I shadowed the other departments in the company to learn the different roles and how we all work together to deliver the highest quality of care to our clients.

People in Comfort Keepers genuinely care about their clients, carers and each other. They often go the extra mile to make sure that care is provided to our clients while looking after each other.

The management team are very approachable, they are open to suggestions and are very focused on innovative solutions to ensure that the organisation continuously improves.

Comfort Keepers is also very focused on career progression and encourages employees to develop within the company.

No two days are ever the same in Comfort Keepers but that's great! I've learned so much in my time with the company and I love my job because I know that what I do ensures that our clients get the care they deserve.
Pros
Great team, supportive environment, opportunities to progress
Great Company to work for
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 December 2018
The work Comfort Keepers do has such a fantastic impact on the lives of those they help.
The company is committed to providing the best care possible to their clients. This can be seen by the constant training and upskilling of both their care team and the office support team in efforts to continuously improve the levels of care provided, and help the team achieve their own personal professional goals
Pros
The work is very rewarding, and makes a real difference in the lives of many
Hard job but great support and lovely clients
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Dublin, County Dublin19 December 2018
Started working as a carer and looked at all the companies but decided on Comfort Keepers as my friends work there.
Told it was going to be a tough job but honestly i love it
Pros
clients
Great culture,
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 December 2018
I have worked for Comfort Keepers for several years now. I am delighted to make a difference daily in the lives of so many. I look forward to coming to work in an environment that is supportive with great team work.

I also like the continuous approach to training and the great opportunities to progress your career
Pros
Team work, Good management structures, training
Cons
Great Support, Progression and Development Opportunities.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nationwide17 December 2018
I really enjoy working with Comfort Keepers and have had a great experienced with them. I have trained and developed and progressed in my role since being in Comfort Keepers. I would recommend anyone who wants to work with a company that is embracing change and supports you during it.
Pros
Support, Development, Progression
Cons
Very Busy, Can be unpredictable environment.
Feel good job
Carer (Current Employee) –  South Dublin12 December 2018
This is the most rewarding job I've done. I adore going to my clients daily and helping them out. We get updates regularly about whats going on in the company. I have to say when the storms happened I was worried about myself and my clients but the team were so good to me, constantly checking in on me and they made sure we all got home safe before the storm hit. I really like working here.
Pros
Team, Clients, Working Hours, Perks
Cons
would like to have more courses available.
Loads of fun
hR (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2018
Hi, great place to work.
Nice people nice offices.
Great experience and rewarding work.
I work with a great team and have learned so much.
I would recommend a great place to work
Pros
Great team. Great expierience
Clients are wonderful, office is terrible
Carer (Current Employee) –  Skerries, County Dublin15 August 2018
Our clients are lovely people but do go in hospital and on vacation so you don't get paid for shifts while your clients are away. The office will bother you all times of the day and evening and of course weekends to do shifts, even when you are booked off.
Dealing with people with Dementia/Alzheimer's is difficult depending on how far into the disease they are. You must have a tremendous amount of patience and understanding. Also clients pass away and when you get close to them it is very upsetting when this happens. You are aloud to go to their funerals. The best part of the job is when you walk in and you receive the loveliest smile and of course a thank you before you leave.
Pros
Friendship of the clients
Cons
Long hours, low pay
good place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 June 2018
it a good place to work and a good team to work with the payment is low and the hour is not that good but it good for someone that just started working
Good
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 June 2018
I enjoy working here. The staff are a great laugh and the clients are so lovely. I love building relationships with clients and their family.

The hours are very bad, the gaps between clients are ridiculous turning up to some clients half an hour early because your close to them but can't go home as it's not worth your while coming back down to the area.

The pay is OK but only great if you actually get enough hours average 15-20 hours for 11.50. Only really worth it if you get 25+ hours.

The office staff are difficult to talk to, not nice if you say you don't want to care for a certain client or can't cover a shift. Every week is a struggle for hours and it's a long long month til pay day.
Pros
families and carer co workers
Cons
Bad hours, rude office staff, long month til pay day.
Management dont care about employee's well being
HR Coordinator/ On-call Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodford24 May 2018
A company that bases on empathy and claims to care, but management don't care about their staff or carers. Management pretend like you can go to them but when you do, nothing will be done and communication is terrible.
Supportive place to work
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 May 2018
Really enjoy coming to work every day. My team really help me out. I adore going to my clients. Our tea party in the office was really good fun. I know where I can go in my career in there.
Pros
flexibility with working
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

Comfort Keepers Reviews by Location