Play YouTube video button

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 78 reviews matching the search See all 3,090 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2019
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,
Clients are always friendly,
The job is challenging but not stressful,
Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 November 2019
The salary at comfort keepers never increase, the work is ok where you can work according your availability. The rotation in the administrative position is hight.
Lovely staff
CLIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 November 2019
It’s fast paced, stressful, overwhelming almost at times but the team are great and management are VERY supportive. I’ve also made some great friends here and learned very invaluable skills. We also have good fun in the office
Invaluable experience but...
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  County Dublin9 November 2019
The work is rewarding and you can gain great experience but the office is terrible. You get constant phonecalls, messing your roster to suit themselves and put into situations with little training. They will ring you even at times you tell them not to. I have had shifts randomly added to my roster without me agreeing. One other problem I have is not being given adequate travel time to get between clients. Their own website says the care assistant is introduced to every client but that rarely happens. If you factor in travel time and expenses you will earn a less than minimum wage. They expect you to alter your schedule all the time but provide little or no flexibility if you need a favour. One of the main advantages is it is easy to gain experience because they are always stuck for carers because of the way they treat people. I would highly recommend applying to other companies first or maybe even volunteering if you are looking to help or gain experience somewhere.
Left comfort keepers
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swords, County Dublin28 October 2019
They promise you great pay, travel time, job security and the lot but once you start working they pile you with calls back to back no travel time no time to yourself. If you say you cant do a call they harrass you with calls even to take on more. If you complain, they take away all your calls and you are left with less than 5hrs a week! They dont care about carers or clients, no communication between office staff nncommunicatibetween office staff
Very bad rosters and management does not care!
Carer for Elderly at home (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2019
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute.
When you raise issues with the management they ignore you.
Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job.
Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Worse job ever done
Carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin City center9 October 2019
Don’t apply there!!! Bunch of crazy people !! Don’t respect anything you tell them and the people, they manage and control your hour (even if you gave them your availability), call you even after 22:30 pm harassing you if you don’t answer... bad job ever done in my entire life
Poorly Managed
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 October 2019
Am working here at present. They have new system that is being abused.
No time being allowed for travel.
Office ery bad at comunication with carers and clients. Client service caĺs changed frequently without warning
Highly recommend the Galway city office
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galway29 September 2019
Highly recommend the Galway city office great managers who care, its a good company to start your carinf career with as they will take you on if you are successful at interview and are willing to complete two fetac modules which you can do for free at your local college of further education, this is what I did in Ballinasloe, Ireland anyways.
Friendily
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2019
Found all staff including office, managment and carers to be very helpful and friendly to each other . You just have to ring the office and your problem will be sorted straight away, i loved working there i could work the hours to fit around my day but didnt drive .
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
I didnt drive
Unprofessional
Runner (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2019
They don't care about the carers. No time management skills and don't communicate with each or anyone else. Hardly ever answer the phones be lucky if you get an answer. They are rude and unprofessional when it comes to a carer wanting to leave. Act childish and won't speak to them because of it.
Very unpleasant
Care assistant (Former Employee) –  Naas, County Kildare21 September 2019
Very disappointed not as what it was described rate of pay very bad use your own petrol no allowance and very few hours offered done all the training and to be given rates of pay at the end in my contract not worth it
Comfor Keepers
Care Assistant/Home Help Provider (Former Employee) –  Wicklow21 September 2019
Fast paced.
Solo-working so you are independent and take responsibility.
Meeting new people and learning different skills and tasks.
Attachment to the client's is the hardest as if the client passes it's very upsetting on carer and family and bond is created.
Learning new skills is the best part of the job and meeting different character's of people.
Typical day would be assisting client's with all their daily needs dressing, grooming, washing, feeding the client.
Management are in the office so contact is made over the phone, sometimes staff call out with supplies ppe to the homes with journal notes and to see the client's and how they are keeping.
Educational and Tough
Care Of The Elder Person Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2019
People have very mixed feelings when it comes to this company.
There is no typical day as your client's mood can change very easily due to the health conditions they have. But to list a few tasks include maintenance of their personal hygiene, meal preparation, companionship, light housework, and medication prompting.
Due to the nature of the work (going house to house, and clients can cancel their visit, fall ill, or pass), rosters tend to be very irregualr and consume your day. By that, I mean you could have no work in the morning but then some work in the afternoon or one shift (shift being a house call) in the afternnon. There isnt always a consistent pattern on a weekly basis.
Really fun worthwhile job with a great company
Im a Heath Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Santry, County Dublin15 July 2019
had work with other companies but none are as good as this one, yes the office will call you loads but overall it was the best training and support I got from all the other 2 companies i worked for
Pros
lots of hours, great trainig app, good support
Cons
lots of vovers
busy busy and very busy
HCA (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 July 2019
first role as a hca and was told it would be busy and it defo was.
My role was based in south Dublin and have some great clients. Office is fine but could have more events for us people out on the road.
Pros
clients, doing what i love
Cons
long hours, traffic
Terrible
Carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 June 2019
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Worst company
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 June 2019
Worst company I ever worked with
Disgusting in all expects,no company standards, no tem work, nobody wants to work and thy dont want to see if u working hard...
productive and rewarding place to work
Client Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Meath2 April 2019
I am only a short time working for Comfort Keepers but i am finding it a very productive company. It is also very rewarding. Colleagues are so supportive and helpful.
Pros
flexibility and part-time hours
Clear management direction and responsiveness
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ireland28 December 2018
Comfort Keepers is a breath of fresh air to work with and within. Maybe this is partly reflective of my previous employer (another Healthcare provider) and their management methods but this Company is a great place to be.
Clear direction, clear understanding of where you are and what is expected of you. Excellent support available in all roles, room to grow, actively encouraging you to train & upskill all the time and prepared to support you in doing so.
For me though - the single best thing is knowing for an absolute fact that my manager has my back! Always!
Pros
Room & support to grow & get promotions
Cons
Few, the workload is heavy at times but there is reward
Rewarding job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 December 2018
I work in my clients home and do things to help them out like helping them shower, getting them dressed and making them food. My clients are so lovely and I enjoy going to see them when I'm working.
The girls in the office are great and no question is a big deal for them. I love going into the office for a cup of tea and a chat.
Pros
My clients, lots of information about the company and what's happening, the people I work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K