Play YouTube video button
Updates from Comfort Keepers:

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Ireland95 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Good work, very isolating
Contact with the office can be very spotty as there are long call waiting times and as a hca in the field, when you ring you need assistance now, not later or tomorrow.
Long days of work, which are only partially paid as you get payday in hour/half hour increments and traveltimes aren't covered. Out of 9-10 hours out of the house, maybe 6-7hours pay if you're lucky and have plenty of clients.
Bad management
Temped for a while A ln atmosphere of I’m the best in the office, childish Incompetent, stroppy unprofessional behaviour from management and other office staff and seems the only way to get promoted in there is to threaten to leave. Dreaded going in every day. Madhouse. Avoid.
easy going
Poor management with a lack of communication, ideal job for some people and you have to be natural in caring, hence the large turnover of new employees.
They don't pay for petrol. They only give 11.25 an hour. Sunday is 12.65 per hour.
I did love working with clients, it the girls in the office didn't really have any manners, if you need a day off you have to give 8 weeks notices. Which for me I didn't know when I would need a day off. In 8 weeks. You get paid every month. Which don't suit this type of work as you need to pay for petrol and drive your own car into the ground.
Stressful unorganized company
Since I have started I have been having problems with the scheduling of my shifts. I have to check the schedules everyday, and If you call or e-mail them they will make it as it is your own fault. Many many times they have scheduled a client just a minute after another's shift end, it is logical that you can't make it unless they live in the same house.

Other than that, they do not care about carers safety, as I complained about it and they didnn't even give the thought replying, in the other hand If they need you to a cover or to a new cover they will call you endlessly. They will stress you and put you in an uncomfotable position, even you have to explained you have a life other than work and that you also need time to basic needs i.e eat.

Speaking to another carer I could identify they face the same problem. The roster organization is very very disappointing, since some carers live closer to some clients and they won't give you that client and you are left with a schedule in which you walk more from one client to another. I'm doing 2h/day, working all morning and 2 shifts at night.They do call you often so most of the clients are aware of the problems the company has, since they can hear your call and the other carers call, and theirselves come talk to you about your company's issue.It's really really sad since the problems are highlighted and no measures are taken, also the credibility clients take at the company are low.
Good company to learn your way in to hr
The culture was welcoming, great people to work with and has potential for progression in different departments if one qualifies. It also gives opportunity to a lot of international people who find it difficult to get themselves there.
Pros
Diverse culture and progression opportunities
Cons
Low salaries
Satisfactory and convenient hours for work
Clients and address with their contacts are sent to you and the time start to end, usually 1 hour job per client and can return back for another 30 minutes later when under your tasks.

I could cover up to 6 clients in a day
Productive and fun workplace
Nice and relaxed working environment, good workplace culture. I have worked here for over a year and really enjoy it. My work is also funding a course I am currently completing.
Midlands office
From starting as a carer to now working in the office I can say that Comfort Keepers has taught me a lot. I do really love the people that I work with and it is a great comfort to have them to rely on.
A typical day involves a lot of phone calls, to clients and carers, scheduling of shifts, filling shifts, looking at carers annual leave, filling and doing reports. It is busy and there is always work to be done.

The best part of the job is the people who I work with in the office and all the carers.
Fast paced. Productive and very Rewarding
My job is fast paced and can be stressful at times but the team are great and extremely supportive. Dealing with our clients and carers on a daily basis makes it all very rewarding. Our management team are also very approachable and supportive. Comfort Keepers are a company very much focused on career progression and fully encourage employees to develop and grow within the organisation.
I have learned so much in the year and a half that I have been here and I get great job satisfaction knowing that what I do every day helps to ensure that all of our clients get the highest standard of care possible from our highly trained and qualified carers. I have been encouraged to develop and progress in my role, hence broadening my skill-set. I look forward to continuing to my career with Comfort Keepers.
Fast pace environment with great team work
I have been working with Comfort Keepers nearly 4 years now. I love the pace, working with the office and the care staff and meeting our clients. i started with a junior role and have progressed within the office.
Pros
good management support, desirable working hours
Fast paced, progressive company.
This is a very fast paced working environment but with very good job satisfaction. Very good support network in place for both clients and staff.
Great opportunities available to progress within the company and to continuously improve through training and assistance from co-workers.
Extremely unprofessional
This company is in shambles, employees are supposed to be introduced to the clients BEFORE we go down to their homes but the office always put me in for people Ive never even met, the people in the office are not understanding in the slightest, (they blame you for the work that they are too lazy to put effort into and actually do their jobs properly) they are UNPROFESSIONAL while speaking to both employees and clients, even people that I know who also work with the company have said the same, the people in the office always call every single day even on your days off and when you dont answer they just keep on calling and HARRASS you. If I answer the phone & they ask if I can do a shift & I answer with a no and explain to them why as I cant do a shift outside my area as I do not drive & that that is client that I have never met before they ask several times and PUT PRESSURE ON EMPLOYEES before taking no for an answer, they ask me if they can get me a taxi there also several times before taking no for an answer. THE COMPANY DO NOT DEAL WITH PROBLEMS ACCURATELY. I called in highly ill one morning and explained that I could not work as I did not want to make the clients sick and they still inissted that I go to my first shift, I called hours before I was supposed to be at any shifts so that they would have time to call some other carers who are able to give the clients the care that they need but they still insisted that I go to my first one. THE PEOPLE ON CALL CAN NOT and DO NOT DO THEY'RE JOBS PROPERLY.  shadow shifts are not done properly at all. I could go on and on about them - more...
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and provide a great place to work for our employees.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Your feedback is important to us, if there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Utter disgrace
The reviews on this are obviously administtrated by management! This company is a joke, the work you do and treated like lower level by the lovely office staff, no manners or respect towards workers and some clients. I even witnessed phonecalls to elderly,the tone in which they spoke was nothing but disgraceful. And when its brought to manager attention they do nothing to address it. The logo is care of the people, laughable really. Clients let down, anyone sent on first day with no experience. Constantly recruiting but no hours for valuable experienced staff!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Company itself
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and to provide a great place to work for our employees. We offer a number of roles to suit every individual including full time and part time guaranteed hours contracts meaning your pay does not decrease based on hours.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Comfort Keepers Team
One does t get money towards travel expenses
This company left me out of pocket because not paid travel expenses, so when going to work for them had to pay for petrol which left me out of pocket and couldn’t afford to stay with them
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. We are sorry to see you have left us. We offer a number of roles to suit every individual including full time and part time guaranteed hours contracts with fuel allowance meaning your pay does not decrease based on hours. We have roles that include a company car and a fuel card. If there is anything we can help you with on an individual basis you can email care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Fast Paced and productive
Great place to work.
Very fast paced office with friendly supportive co-workers and managers.

Can be stressful at times due to many factors such as clients falling ill, carers out on leave and time/shift changes but is very rewarding and the pay is good.

To those looking to start a career as a Carer, this company is ideal as they provide training and assistance in getting your QQI certificate.
Pros
Great company, great co-workers and pay
Cons
Fast paced
I don't recommend this company
Every day, the shifts, times and even clients were being modified a lot, so I couldn't plan my breaks or what time I would have a lunch or dinner.
All those changes, never turn our travel-times better, I never had enough time between from one client to another. They have no clue in if the care assistants were on foot or were driving to plan those times.

Every week, I had to call a couple of times to talk about those issues and nothing changed.

During our training was told us that any problem, we must call and report it to the oncall. The oncall service should have be our support in difficult times. However, the oncall service was dreadful.

I felt sorry for the clients too, because, even them, couldn't count on company
4 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare and to provide a great place to work for our employees, this is of great importance to us.
Your feedback is important and appreciated. If there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
The salary at comfort keepers never increase, the work is ok where you can work according your availability. The rotation in the administrative position is hight.
Lovely staff
It’s fast paced, stressful, overwhelming almost at times but the team are great and management are VERY supportive. I’ve also made some great friends here and learned very invaluable skills. We also have good fun in the office
Invaluable experience but...
The work is rewarding and you can gain great experience but the office is terrible. You get constant phonecalls, messing your roster to suit themselves and put into situations with little training. They will ring you even at times you tell them not to. I have had shifts randomly added to my roster without me agreeing. One other problem I have is not being given adequate travel time to get between clients. Their own website says the care assistant is introduced to every client but that rarely happens. If you factor in travel time and expenses you will earn a less than minimum wage. They expect you to alter your schedule all the time but provide little or no flexibility if you need a favour. One of the main advantages is it is easy to gain experience because they are always stuck for carers because of the way they treat people. I would highly recommend applying to other companies first or maybe even volunteering if you are looking to help or gain experience somewhere.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K