Play YouTube video button
Information from Comfort Keepers:

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Ireland103 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
This company is a hoax I worked here for 2 years and was abused by office staff I was working almost 40 hours per week and when I spoke of the abuse to the management about it and my hours where cut down to 2 hours per week! All because I spoke of the abuse. Office in Ardee think there God!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Abused by office staff hours removed for speaking about it
2 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to see that you have left us and you had a negative experience.We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as your feedback allows us to continuously improve. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers
They will give you a ridiculous shift pattern, you will work hard and they will not treat you as a human being. Sometimes you will have enough hours and then they will cut your hours without warning.
Pros
meet nice colauges
Cons
hours, salary, management
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers.We are sorry to see you have left us but appreciate your feedback as it is really important to us and helps us to continually improve.Kind Regards, Comfort Keepers
Happy environment to work for ,very flexible ,office staff helpful
All clients very happy with my care ,clients and family helpful and friendly

Overall experience a great place to work for minus the driving
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Driving
They ask all staff to write a good review so take all with a pinch of salt. They do treat carers well in all fairness, and they should, but the workload in the office is totally unmanageable, and they will try to blame you for this. I’ve honestly never worked harder in all my life only to have my integrity questioned, skills and experience disregarded and decisions undermined. Blame culture ishuge.literally cried wvery day working there and management do not give a hoot. There are tonnes of better jobs out there. exactly wha
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Stress levels
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers.I am sorry you have had a negative experience. We strive to provide a great place to work for our employees so your feed back is appreciated and important to us. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers
Very unprofessional and will put you under a lot of pressure. Schedulling is a joke and they dont respect terms of my contract or the law. They dont respect our privacy nor clients privacy.I''m out for 14 hours a day and it is stilll not enough and of course they will present it like it is my fault. Didnt get paid properly for the last 8 months and the company dont care about that. Avoid them in a wide circle
Pros
Clients
Cons
No respect, invasion of privacy, bullying
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we sincerely appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and your feedback allows us to continuously improve. I am sorry you are having a negative experience as providing a great place to work for our employees is of great importance to us. Please don't hesitate to contact us at care@comfortkeepers.ie so we can discuss things with you on an individual basis. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers Team.
I had wanted to work with this company having experienced first hand the high level of care and compassion on offer when a close relative was in receipt of care a number of years ago.

The sense of fulfillment from my role is something I haven't experienced before, even in my much loved previous roles. I have never met a group of people with a stronger work ethic than here at Comfort Keepers, everyone pulls together and you immediately feel part of a team. The work days are busy and the hours fly by (often having to be reminded to go on lunch, which really shows the management style as this is a company that genuinely care about their staff and this has been shown regularly in many ways throughout my time here), clock watching is definitely a thing of the past!

Due to the nature of the industry, you're driven to work to your fullest potential. Every day brings new challenges as you are managing carers and clients expectations but every evening brings a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction.
Pros
Fulfilling, rewarding, fair pay, great team
From the day I applied for the job the staff of the organisation made themselves available to assist me in any way they could. The organisation is structured in such a way that everyone works as a team.
Pros
Team support, career development
Cons
schedules could be impromtu sometimes
Comfort keeper is a good place to work if you care about others. The staff are easy going and are always willing to assist as much as they can. Its really a good place to start up a caring career
Be yourself and be honest.be fair and don't worry it takes time for a client to get used to you being there. Don't forget to try and have a giggle with the clients sometimes this is the only thing that might make their day.
Contact with the office can be very spotty as there are long call waiting times and as a hca in the field, when you ring you need assistance now, not later or tomorrow.
Long days of work, which are only partially paid as you get payday in hour/half hour increments and traveltimes aren't covered. Out of 9-10 hours out of the house, maybe 6-7hours pay if you're lucky and have plenty of clients.
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers.We are sorry to see you have left us but we appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Comfort Keepers
Temped for a while A ln atmosphere of I’m the best in the office, childish Incompetent, stroppy unprofessional behaviour from management and other office staff and seems the only way to get promoted in there is to threaten to leave. Dreaded going in every day. Madhouse. Avoid.
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to see you have left us and you have had a negative experience. Your feedback is important and appreciated as we strive to provide a great place to work for our employees. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers
Poor management with a lack of communication, ideal job for some people and you have to be natural in caring, hence the large turnover of new employees.
31 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. We are sorry to see you have left us but appreciate your feedback.Thank you, Comfort Keepers Team
I did love working with clients, it the girls in the office didn't really have any manners, if you need a day off you have to give 8 weeks notices. Which for me I didn't know when I would need a day off. In 8 weeks. You get paid every month. Which don't suit this type of work as you need to pay for petrol and drive your own car into the ground.
31 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers, your feedback is important and appreciated. I am sorry you have had a negative experience as Comfort Keepers strive to provide a great place to work for our employees.Thank you, Comfort Keepers Team
Since I have started I have been having problems with the scheduling of my shifts. I have to check the schedules everyday, and If you call or e-mail them they will make it as it is your own fault. Many many times they have scheduled a client just a minute after another's shift end, it is logical that you can't make it unless they live in the same house.

Other than that, they do not care about carers safety, as I complained about it and they didnn't even give the thought replying, in the other hand If they need you to a cover or to a new cover they will call you endlessly. They will stress you and put you in an uncomfotable position, even you have to explained you have a life other than work and that you also need time to basic needs i.e eat.

Speaking to another carer I could identify they face the same problem. The roster organization is very very disappointing, since some carers live closer to some clients and they won't give you that client and you are left with a schedule in which you walk more from one client to another. I'm doing 2h/day, working all morning and 2 shifts at night.They do call you often so most of the clients are aware of the problems the company has, since they can hear your call and the other carers call, and theirselves come talk to you about your company's issue.It's really really sad since the problems are highlighted and no measures are taken, also the credibility clients take at the company are low.
22 June 2020
The culture was welcoming, great people to work with and has potential for progression in different departments if one qualifies. It also gives opportunity to a lot of international people who find it difficult to get themselves there.
Pros
Diverse culture and progression opportunities
Cons
Low salaries
22 June 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to review Comfort Keepers, thank you for your feedback, It is really important to us and helps us to continually improve. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers Team.
Clients and address with their contacts are sent to you and the time start to end, usually 1 hour job per client and can return back for another 30 minutes later when under your tasks.

I could cover up to 6 clients in a day
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers, we really do appreciate your feedback. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers Team.
Nice and relaxed working environment, good workplace culture. I have worked here for over a year and really enjoy it. My work is also funding a course I am currently completing.
From starting as a carer to now working in the office I can say that Comfort Keepers has taught me a lot. I do really love the people that I work with and it is a great comfort to have them to rely on.
A typical day involves a lot of phone calls, to clients and carers, scheduling of shifts, filling shifts, looking at carers annual leave, filling and doing reports. It is busy and there is always work to be done.

The best part of the job is the people who I work with in the office and all the carers.
My job is fast paced and can be stressful at times but the team are great and extremely supportive. Dealing with our clients and carers on a daily basis makes it all very rewarding. Our management team are also very approachable and supportive. Comfort Keepers are a company very much focused on career progression and fully encourage employees to develop and grow within the organisation.
I have learned so much in the year and a half that I have been here and I get great job satisfaction knowing that what I do every day helps to ensure that all of our clients get the highest standard of care possible from our highly trained and qualified carers. I have been encouraged to develop and progress in my role, hence broadening my skill-set. I look forward to continuing to my career with Comfort Keepers.
I have been working with Comfort Keepers nearly 4 years now. I love the pace, working with the office and the care staff and meeting our clients. i started with a junior role and have progressed within the office.
Pros
good management support, desirable working hours