Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,580 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Can work around my personal schedule, fantastic staff training and supports, Clients are always friendly, The job is challenging but not stressful, Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
I loved being able to give back to the elders and helping them with their needs. I’ve made a lot of special relationships with my clients. It was definitely rewarding to be there for those who can’t care for themselves.
Pros
Flexible schedules, rewarding job
Cons
asked a lot to pick up shifts others dropped
Poor management! I was sent to an apartment that was roach infested and told to spray myself down with alcohol to deter the pests. The kin deed of clients they take on is not worth the pay!!!
The workers are lazy let residents sit soiled for hours at a time I am so sad they are treating them so inhumane would not recommend working here whatsoever.
Good company to work for the most part. Often had shifts where you would just hang out with clients which was very nice. You NEED to work in the city of operation because you mostly work small two hour shifts. They'll take advantage of an open availability by scheduling you two hours in the morning, two in the afternoon, and then two at night. This was my biggest complaint. I personally prefer to just work 8-12 hours straight and be done with it.
Pros
Clients, work life balance
Cons
schedule
Management is a disaster, very mentally and emotionally manipulative and abusive when things don't go their way, very inconsiderate of needs of employees and clients alike. Scheduling is a nightmare. They have four people doing the same job, and none of them communicate. Clients often get double booked with caretakers, or none show up at all. The turnover rate is astounding, being in part the fact that there's no background checks, just anyone can get in, and also the pay is nowhere near the proper compensation. Worst experience in healthcare to-date.
Pros
Meeting new clients, helping them live their best lives.
Cons
Everything else.
The pay is low pay; there are not enough hours. Also, you have to go to clients houses to take care of them. Sometimes, you will drive 20 minutes to go work just 3hours.
Pros
Zoo card
Cons
driving to clients houses sometimes long distances
Loved working for the company but they just do not pay enough. The owner of the mansfield office was great. She always worked with me on my schedule and even gave me a gas card when I didnt have gas money to go back and forth to clients home. 11/he just isnt a fair rate for all we do.
Pros
Great management, mostly nice laidback clients
Cons
Low pay, can be stressful at times
Horrible management. Rude staff no understanding as to having medical issues or emergency. Pay isn't enough for the work you do at all. 11 an hour is very little for that job
The management is rude and very unreasonable. They will force you on to clients you are not not suited for. When you ask to change they say they can't do it and you must give 8 weeks notice.
Pros
Work around your home
Cons
Horrid management
Official response from Comfort Keepers
23 November 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to see that you have left us and that you had a negative experience. We strive to provide a great place to work for our employees, so this feedback is a learning opportunity for us, we appreciate it. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers
This is at will employment. They hire a bunch of people and give everybody bare min of hours most of the time less. This would be good supplemental work but not a serious job. Unless you're lucky enough to get a full-time position (very rare) you will be working call out. what that means is they will send everybody in the company needing hours a text whoever responds back first gets the hours. Also if you have problems during your shift good luck trying to get a hold of someone. There are no direct office lines everything goes to an answering service that handles four or five different locations in the country. If you do get ahold of someone, good luck having them care or help you solve the problem, you're mostly on your own. If you complain you're not offered hours again and the hours you do have will be taken.
I love the work I do for this wonderful christian company. The job duties allow for me to feel like I make a difference in someone's life and the flexible scheduling gives me the freedom and time to manage my needs outside of employment. Pay is fair as are evaluations and raises. In summation, if you like caring for homebound elderly adults and have a compassion for those who may not always be able to help themselves but desire to remain in their own homes, then the christian environment of this company may be just right for you.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, Holiday pay, Pto, Christian environment
Cons
No medical insurance
They do not care about employees only themselves. Pay is awful can’t support yourself much less a family. They have no benefits and act like it’s crime to miss work for an emergency but have certain ones that can lay out for a stubbed toe.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Pay, management.
The managers are usually nice just don't let them step all over you. Lots of opportunities for overtime. Sometimes they keep calling and don't leave voicemails so .. that's a part I don't like.
The clients are wonderful most of the time, some are harder to work with. But you are required to assist showers, diaper changing, soiled sheet changing, cleaning, transportation, and essentially anything the clients need for what McDonald’s workers make. The job soon feel like more of a maid, and the same repetitive boring jobs. It almost always turns out to be more maid than anything else. Management is highly disorganized, and communication is not effective. A couple of the front desk receptionists are not helpful and always make you feel like you’re inconveniencing them. It takes a lot out of you.
Pros
Humbling experiences with clients, fun memories.
Cons
Pay, communication, and more housework than anything.
I wanted to like working for this company so bad since the pay was so low. At comfort keepers Cstat location, you can be expected to bathe, groom change diapers, clean house, cook, take care of pets, monitor vitals, and more and get paid $9/hr. Some babysitters get paid more than twice that to do far less.Additionally management will at least fake being nice to you for a couple of weeks, after that they are very rude and not willing to work with your schedule (I was a college student at the time)I wanted to work part-time but ended up getting 30-39 hours/week. There were a few times that I would be forced to stay several hours later and missed classes (some patients require 24/7 supervision so you can't leave until relief gets there).The only good thing was that the work was at least meaningful, I loved my clients and got along great with them and the other people on their care team.
Pros
Other caregivers at the company, work is meaningful
Cons
Management, no respect of your time, inflexible, rude, low pay
Hours were all over the place. Your hours and days can change on a moments notice. Sent to clients who needed medical care required by someone with nursing experience. If you like to work with elderly who need companionship, this job is for you if you don't mind a topsy turvy schedule.Have to drive own vehicle to each client. May be across town and no gas compensation.
Pros
Met some wonderful people.
Cons
Not steady hours. Lifting required at times of clients, with or without lifts.
ManagementIn general, managers at Comfort Keepers need to leave the business and hire caring personal.OverallMy experience working at Comfort Keepers was completely horrible and they should be shut down for not following the law
Great company to work for . The owners were very easy to get along with. Pay could be better for the work you do. Nice and friendly co workers. Flexible hours. Interesting clients and you get to meet people from all walks of life.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Pay too low
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Comfort Keepers is rushedPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Comfort Keepers is horrible start off pay is 9.50 a hourJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Comfort Keepers, I think it’s okManagementIn general, managers at Comfort Keepers are money hungry only care about getting clients moneyCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Comfort Keepers is ok I never see them always at a patient houseOverallMy experience working at Comfort Keepers horrible
While the work is great it’s extremely difficult to take a day off because we are so short staffed. Even being burned out you have to keep going. I personally plan to move on after my regular clients move on. For the amount of work required, distance you have to travel to a client, and the low pay, it’s not an ideal position. The only positive is you can feel your job has meaning.
Pros
Plenty of available hours. Help others.
Cons
Poor pay. Office lacks positive communication. You are not recognized for going the extra mile.
  1. Employee reviews