Play YouTube video button
Information from Comfort Keepers:

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,517 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
They ask a lot of you and the move you give the more they want. It is hard to make them happy

They call you everyday even off days a lot of times in the day to ask you to work more
Pros
Seniors
Cons
Pay
Very good and awesome company very helpful ,Learn a lot on how to taking good care of the client..management our awesome..productivity, companions ,successful and success to help
Work-life balance
Work-life balance is good hear because they have an understanding dedicated team to help you along the way.

Collaboration with my colleagues at Comfort Keepers is one of the best parts about working here.
It is a true pleasure to be able to work alongside the most caring and knowledgeable staff in the business. I would not think twice about sending my friends family members to them if they needed additional care. Top notch agency with very friendly staff!
Cons
Health care
Very low pay rate. Can't rely on number of hours you will be given. No pay for mileage. Poor case Managers. They don't want you to give updates to family members, must call case manager with updates they will inform family
At the time of my decision to resign from Comfort Keepers I felt I was not treated fairly. The amount of responsibility was not commensurate with my pay scale.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
This company is a joke. They expect so much from you but pay so little. They do not pay commute. Their scheduling Person is awful and so are the people who answer the phone calls.
Driving all over the place in your own car for not hardly anything. All of the elderly I took care of her very sweet and very comforting the families were also very nice for you coming into their home. Management does not communicate well and they do not have flexible hours
Pros
The elderly you work with
Cons
They have horrible mileage pay
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Comfort Keepers?
Productive and nice place to work. Love the clients and the work environment. The office staff is great they will work around your schedules. You pick you schedule. Just not enough hours a week I constantly work only 20 hour weeks. Get paid every two weeks.
Pros
Extra incentives on pay day gift cards
Cons
Not enough hours. I haven't worked a 40 hour week ever
The disorganization and disrespect to caregivers, and the clients was appalling. Though I loved the people that i took care of, and were like family.
I learned lots of patience and compassion. The most enjoyable part of my job was when a client stops and takes a second to appreciate what you do and what you have to offer.
The clients are wonderful! I like the job but the pay is very low. Sometimes a caregiver must transport clients to appointments . The mileage paid is only 35 cents a mile. I would recommend this as a second job.
Pros
Flexible hours, make your own schedule
Cons
Very low pay.
Honestly a day at work in itself is somewhat of a lot of work but it is VERY worth it. I love working here because they care about school and don't mind helping you get higher up in business in terms of your career. The one thing I wish is that they paid me more money for the travel I was doing for months.
Pros
Breaks don't normally happen you can eat when the client eats or before you go there.
This company is a hoax I worked here for 2 years and was abused by office staff I was working almost 40 hours per week and when I spoke of the abuse to the management about it and my hours where cut down to 2 hours per week! All because I spoke of the abuse. Office in Ardee think there God!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Abused by office staff hours removed for speaking about it
Official response from Comfort Keepers
2 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to see that you have left us and you had a negative experience.We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as your feedback allows us to continuously improve. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers
Wasn't the best company but also wasn’t the worst. The only good part to me was being able to work and take care of my mother while being paid by the company as a live in aide.
I am glad I have moved on to the next job for me this job is good only for a part time, not full time. Human resources was very good with me but management was not.
The owner constantly lies about so called promotions. They only care about themselves. If you call the owner or the supervisor with something concerning a client the supervisor likes to say it isnt her problem. They have the bad habit of texting you 1 hr into the shift they need you to cover to go cover it. They dont pay for training in a timely manner. They can't offer you a decent hourly rate but will offer you bonuses to work shifts they need covered last minute.
Pros
Cons
They should shut it down
Enjoyed working with the clients. The down fall was when you lose a client (s), wouldn't replace clients and work was slow. Other than that, the company was good. We'd staff appreciation day and other activities for the staff was very nice.
Great company with friendly staff.. The company staffers communicate well with employees to make sure that they are comfortable and well equipped for the job.
I’ve dealt with more dementia patients than regular patients, and my overall review is good! The office management is a major con though. In the beginning it was decent, and the longer you work here the more you see, learn and catch on to. Some schedulers are disrespectful, some don’t answer your questions, or give you a call back in concern to your call or nothing. Hours are all over the place, some caregivers get many many hours on a paycheck and others get 15-30 hours.
Pros
Paid mileage, take your patient out, nice families/people, decent hours.
Cons
Office management, communication, disrespectful, not always honest.