Play YouTube video button
Information from Comfort Keepers:

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews in Dublin

Dublin49 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
They will give you a ridiculous shift pattern, you will work hard and they will not treat you as a human being. Sometimes you will have enough hours and then they will cut your hours without warning.
Pros
meet nice colauges
Cons
hours, salary, management
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers.We are sorry to see you have left us but appreciate your feedback as it is really important to us and helps us to continually improve.Kind Regards, Comfort Keepers
Comfort keeper is a good place to work if you care about others. The staff are easy going and are always willing to assist as much as they can. Its really a good place to start up a caring career
Contact with the office can be very spotty as there are long call waiting times and as a hca in the field, when you ring you need assistance now, not later or tomorrow.
Long days of work, which are only partially paid as you get payday in hour/half hour increments and traveltimes aren't covered. Out of 9-10 hours out of the house, maybe 6-7hours pay if you're lucky and have plenty of clients.
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers.We are sorry to see you have left us but we appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Comfort Keepers
Poor management with a lack of communication, ideal job for some people and you have to be natural in caring, hence the large turnover of new employees.
31 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. We are sorry to see you have left us but appreciate your feedback.Thank you, Comfort Keepers Team
Since I have started I have been having problems with the scheduling of my shifts. I have to check the schedules everyday, and If you call or e-mail them they will make it as it is your own fault. Many many times they have scheduled a client just a minute after another's shift end, it is logical that you can't make it unless they live in the same house.

Other than that, they do not care about carers safety, as I complained about it and they didnn't even give the thought replying, in the other hand If they need you to a cover or to a new cover they will call you endlessly. They will stress you and put you in an uncomfotable position, even you have to explained you have a life other than work and that you also need time to basic needs i.e eat.

Speaking to another carer I could identify they face the same problem. The roster organization is very very disappointing, since some carers live closer to some clients and they won't give you that client and you are left with a schedule in which you walk more from one client to another. I'm doing 2h/day, working all morning and 2 shifts at night.They do call you often so most of the clients are aware of the problems the company has, since they can hear your call and the other carers call, and theirselves come talk to you about your company's issue.It's really really sad since the problems are highlighted and no measures are taken, also the credibility clients take at the company are low.
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we sincerely appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and your feedback allows us to continuously improve. I am sorry you are having a negative experience as providing a great place to work for our employees is of great importance to us. Please don't hesitate to contact us at care@comfortkeepers.ie so we can discuss things with you on an individual basis. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers Team.
Clients and address with their contacts are sent to you and the time start to end, usually 1 hour job per client and can return back for another 30 minutes later when under your tasks.

I could cover up to 6 clients in a day
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers, we really do appreciate your feedback. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers Team.
I have been working with Comfort Keepers nearly 4 years now. I love the pace, working with the office and the care staff and meeting our clients. i started with a junior role and have progressed within the office.
Pros
good management support, desirable working hours
This company is in shambles, employees are supposed to be introduced to the clients BEFORE we go down to their homes but the office always put me in for people Ive never even met, the people in the office are not understanding in the slightest, (they blame you for the work that they are too lazy to put effort into and actually do their jobs properly) they are UNPROFESSIONAL while speaking to both employees and clients, even people that I know who also work with the company have said the same, the people in the office always call every single day even on your days off and when you dont answer they just keep on calling and HARRASS you. If I answer the phone & they ask if I can do a shift & I answer with a no and explain to them why as I cant do a shift outside my area as I do not drive & that that is client that I have never met before they ask several times and PUT PRESSURE ON EMPLOYEES before taking no for an answer, they ask me if they can get me a taxi there also several times before taking no for an answer. THE COMPANY DO NOT DEAL WITH PROBLEMS ACCURATELY. I called in highly ill one morning and explained that I could not work as I did not want to make the clients sick and they still inissted that I go to my first shift, I called hours before I was supposed to be at any shifts so that they would have time to call some other carers who are able to give the clients the care that they need but they still insisted that I go to my first one. THE PEOPLE ON CALL CAN NOT and DO NOT DO THEY'RE JOBS PROPERLY.  shadow shifts are not done properly at all. I could go on and on about them - more...
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and provide a great place to work for our employees.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Your feedback is important to us, if there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
Great place to work.
Very fast paced office with friendly supportive co-workers and managers.

Can be stressful at times due to many factors such as clients falling ill, carers out on leave and time/shift changes but is very rewarding and the pay is good.

To those looking to start a career as a Carer, this company is ideal as they provide training and assistance in getting your QQI certificate.
Pros
Great company, great co-workers and pay
Cons
Fast paced
Every day, the shifts, times and even clients were being modified a lot, so I couldn't plan my breaks or what time I would have a lunch or dinner.
All those changes, never turn our travel-times better, I never had enough time between from one client to another. They have no clue in if the care assistants were on foot or were driving to plan those times.

Every week, I had to call a couple of times to talk about those issues and nothing changed.

During our training was told us that any problem, we must call and report it to the oncall. The oncall service should have be our support in difficult times. However, the oncall service was dreadful.

I felt sorry for the clients too, because, even them, couldn't count on company
4 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare and to provide a great place to work for our employees, this is of great importance to us.
Your feedback is important and appreciated. If there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
The salary at comfort keepers never increase, the work is ok where you can work according your availability. The rotation in the administrative position is hight.
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute.
When you raise issues with the management they ignore you.

Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job.

Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Don’t apply there!!! Bunch of crazy people !! Don’t respect anything you tell them and the people, they manage and control your hour (even if you gave them your availability), call you even after 22:30 pm harassing you if you don’t answer... bad job ever done in my entire life
Am working here at present. They have new system that is being abused.
No time being allowed for travel.

Office ery bad at comunication with carers and clients. Client service caĺs changed frequently without warning
Found all staff including office, managment and carers to be very helpful and friendly to each other . You just have to ring the office and your problem will be sorted straight away, i loved working there i could work the hours to fit around my day but didnt drive .
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
I didnt drive
They don't care about the carers. No time management skills and don't communicate with each or anyone else. Hardly ever answer the phones be lucky if you get an answer. They are rude and unprofessional when it comes to a carer wanting to leave. Act childish and won't speak to them because of it.
People have very mixed feelings when it comes to this company.
There is no typical day as your client's mood can change very easily due to the health conditions they have. But to list a few tasks include maintenance of their personal hygiene, meal preparation, companionship, light housework, and medication prompting.

Due to the nature of the work (going house to house, and clients can cancel their visit, fall ill, or pass), rosters tend to be very irregualr and consume your day. By that, I mean you could have no work in the morning but then some work in the afternoon or one shift (shift being a house call) in the afternnon. There isnt always a consistent pattern on a weekly basis.
first role as a hca and was told it would be busy and it defo was.
My role was based in south Dublin and have some great clients. Office is fine but could have more events for us people out on the road.
Pros
clients, doing what i love
Cons
long hours, traffic
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Worst company I ever worked with
Disgusting in all expects,no company standards, no tem work, nobody wants to work and thy dont want to see if u working hard...