Play YouTube video button

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews in Dublin

Found 43 reviews matching the search See all 3,216 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2019
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,
Clients are always friendly,
The job is challenging but not stressful,
Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Extremely unprofessional
Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Dublin12 January 2020
This company is in shambles, employees are supposed to be introduced to the clients BEFORE we go down to their homes but the office always put me in for people Ive never even met, the people in the office are not understanding in the slightest, (they blame you for the work that they are too lazy to put effort into and actually do their jobs properly) they are UNPROFESSIONAL while speaking to both employees and clients, even people that I know who also work with the company have said the same, the people in the office always call every single day even on your days off and when you dont answer they just keep on calling and HARRASS you. If I answer the phone & they ask if I can do a shift & I answer with a no and explain to them why as I cant do a shift outside my area as I do not drive & that that is client that I have never met before they ask several times and PUT PRESSURE ON EMPLOYEES before taking no for an answer, they ask me if they can get me a taxi there also several times before taking no for an answer. THE COMPANY DO NOT DEAL WITH PROBLEMS ACCURATELY. I called in highly ill one morning and explained that I could not work as I did not want to make the clients sick and they still inissted that I go to my first shift, I called hours before I was supposed to be at any shifts so that they would have time to call some other carers who are able to give the clients the care that they need but they still insisted that I go to my first one. THE PEOPLE ON CALL CAN NOT and DO NOT DO THEY'RE JOBS PROPERLY.  shadow shifts are not done properly at all. I could go on and on about them  more... people on call. Some of them are well spoken and nice but there is some people who just talk in a highly disrectable manner and even hang up the phone when we are trying to resolve an issue.  less
Fast Paced and productive
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 December 2019
Great place to work.
Very fast paced office with friendly supportive co-workers and managers.
Can be stressful at times due to many factors such as clients falling ill, carers out on leave and time/shift changes but is very rewarding and the pay is good.
To those looking to start a career as a Carer, this company is ideal as they provide training and assistance in getting your QQI certificate.
Pros
Great company, great co-workers and pay
Cons
Fast paced
I don't recommend this company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin18 December 2019
Every day, the shifts, times and even clients were being modified a lot, so I couldn't plan my breaks or what time I would have a lunch or dinner.
All those changes, never turn our travel-times better, I never had enough time between from one client to another. They have no clue in if the care assistants were on foot or were driving to plan those times.
Every week, I had to call a couple of times to talk about those issues and nothing changed.

During our training was told us that any problem, we must call and report it to the oncall. The oncall service should have be our support in difficult times. However, the oncall service was dreadful.

I felt sorry for the clients too, because, even them, couldn't count on company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin28 November 2019
The salary at comfort keepers never increase, the work is ok where you can work according your availability. The rotation in the administrative position is hight.
Lovely staff
CLIENT CARE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dublin14 November 2019
It’s fast paced, stressful, overwhelming almost at times but the team are great and management are VERY supportive. I’ve also made some great friends here and learned very invaluable skills. We also have good fun in the office
Very bad rosters and management does not care!
Carer for Elderly at home (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 October 2019
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute.
When you raise issues with the management they ignore you.
Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job.
Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Worse job ever done
Carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin City center9 October 2019
Don’t apply there!!! Bunch of crazy people !! Don’t respect anything you tell them and the people, they manage and control your hour (even if you gave them your availability), call you even after 22:30 pm harassing you if you don’t answer... bad job ever done in my entire life
Poorly Managed
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin7 October 2019
Am working here at present. They have new system that is being abused.
No time being allowed for travel.
Office ery bad at comunication with carers and clients. Client service caĺs changed frequently without warning
Friendily
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2019
Found all staff including office, managment and carers to be very helpful and friendly to each other . You just have to ring the office and your problem will be sorted straight away, i loved working there i could work the hours to fit around my day but didnt drive .
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
I didnt drive
Unprofessional
Runner (Former Employee) –  Dublin25 September 2019
They don't care about the carers. No time management skills and don't communicate with each or anyone else. Hardly ever answer the phones be lucky if you get an answer. They are rude and unprofessional when it comes to a carer wanting to leave. Act childish and won't speak to them because of it.
Educational and Tough
Care Of The Elder Person Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin22 August 2019
People have very mixed feelings when it comes to this company.
There is no typical day as your client's mood can change very easily due to the health conditions they have. But to list a few tasks include maintenance of their personal hygiene, meal preparation, companionship, light housework, and medication prompting.
Due to the nature of the work (going house to house, and clients can cancel their visit, fall ill, or pass), rosters tend to be very irregualr and consume your day. By that, I mean you could have no work in the morning but then some work in the afternoon or one shift (shift being a house call) in the afternnon. There isnt always a consistent pattern on a weekly basis.
busy busy and very busy
HCA (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 July 2019
first role as a hca and was told it would be busy and it defo was.
My role was based in south Dublin and have some great clients. Office is fine but could have more events for us people out on the road.
Pros
clients, doing what i love
Cons
long hours, traffic
Terrible
Carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin24 June 2019
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Worst company
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin16 June 2019
Worst company I ever worked with
Disgusting in all expects,no company standards, no tem work, nobody wants to work and thy dont want to see if u working hard...
Rewarding job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 December 2018
I work in my clients home and do things to help them out like helping them shower, getting them dressed and making them food. My clients are so lovely and I enjoy going to see them when I'm working.
The girls in the office are great and no question is a big deal for them. I love going into the office for a cup of tea and a chat.
Pros
My clients, lots of information about the company and what's happening, the people I work with
Great Company to work for
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin19 December 2018
The work Comfort Keepers do has such a fantastic impact on the lives of those they help.
The company is committed to providing the best care possible to their clients. This can be seen by the constant training and upskilling of both their care team and the office support team in efforts to continuously improve the levels of care provided, and help the team achieve their own personal professional goals
Pros
The work is very rewarding, and makes a real difference in the lives of many
Great culture,
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Dublin18 December 2018
I have worked for Comfort Keepers for several years now. I am delighted to make a difference daily in the lives of so many. I look forward to coming to work in an environment that is supportive with great team work.

I also like the continuous approach to training and the great opportunities to progress your career
Pros
Team work, Good management structures, training
Loads of fun
hR (Current Employee) –  Dublin13 September 2018
Hi, great place to work.
Nice people nice offices.
Great experience and rewarding work.
I work with a great team and have learned so much.
I would recommend a great place to work
Pros
Great team. Great expierience
good place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 June 2018
it a good place to work and a good team to work with the payment is low and the hour is not that good but it good for someone that just started working
Good
Carer (Current Employee) –  Dublin3 June 2018
I enjoy working here. The staff are a great laugh and the clients are so lovely. I love building relationships with clients and their family.

The hours are very bad, the gaps between clients are ridiculous turning up to some clients half an hour early because your close to them but can't go home as it's not worth your while coming back down to the area.

The pay is OK but only great if you actually get enough hours average 15-20 hours for 11.50. Only really worth it if you get 25+ hours.

The office staff are difficult to talk to, not nice if you say you don't want to care for a certain client or can't cover a shift. Every week is a struggle for hours and it's a long long month til pay day.
Pros
families and carer co workers
Cons
Bad hours, rude office staff, long month til pay day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K