Play YouTube video button

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Care Assistant24 reviews
Ireland24 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
This company is a hoax I worked here for 2 years and was abused by office staff I was working almost 40 hours per week and when I spoke of the abuse to the management about it and my hours where cut down to 2 hours per week! All because I spoke of the abuse. Office in Ardee think there God!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Abused by office staff hours removed for speaking about it
2 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to see that you have left us and you had a negative experience.We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as your feedback allows us to continuously improve. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers
Happy environment to work for ,very flexible ,office staff helpful
All clients very happy with my care ,clients and family helpful and friendly

Overall experience a great place to work for minus the driving
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Driving
Clients and address with their contacts are sent to you and the time start to end, usually 1 hour job per client and can return back for another 30 minutes later when under your tasks.

I could cover up to 6 clients in a day
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers, we really do appreciate your feedback. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers Team.
Every day, the shifts, times and even clients were being modified a lot, so I couldn't plan my breaks or what time I would have a lunch or dinner.
All those changes, never turn our travel-times better, I never had enough time between from one client to another. They have no clue in if the care assistants were on foot or were driving to plan those times.

Every week, I had to call a couple of times to talk about those issues and nothing changed.

During our training was told us that any problem, we must call and report it to the oncall. The oncall service should have be our support in difficult times. However, the oncall service was dreadful.

I felt sorry for the clients too, because, even them, couldn't count on company
4 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare and to provide a great place to work for our employees, this is of great importance to us.
Your feedback is important and appreciated. If there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
The salary at comfort keepers never increase, the work is ok where you can work according your availability. The rotation in the administrative position is hight.
The work is rewarding and you can gain great experience but the office is terrible. You get constant phonecalls, messing your roster to suit themselves and put into situations with little training. They will ring you even at times you tell them not to. I have had shifts randomly added to my roster without me agreeing. One other problem I have is not being given adequate travel time to get between clients. Their own website says the care assistant is introduced to every client but that rarely happens. If you factor in travel time and expenses you will earn a less than minimum wage. They expect you to alter your schedule all the time but provide little or no flexibility if you need a favour. One of the main advantages is it is easy to gain experience because they are always stuck for carers because of the way they treat people. I would highly recommend applying to other companies first or maybe even volunteering if you are looking to help or gain experience somewhere.
Am working here at present. They have new system that is being abused.
No time being allowed for travel.

Office ery bad at comunication with carers and clients. Client service caĺs changed frequently without warning
Highly recommend the Galway city office great managers who care, its a good company to start your carinf career with as they will take you on if you are successful at interview and are willing to complete two fetac modules which you can do for free at your local college of further education, this is what I did in Ballinasloe, Ireland anyways.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Comfort Keepers?
Very disappointed not as what it was described rate of pay very bad use your own petrol no allowance and very few hours offered done all the training and to be given rates of pay at the end in my contract not worth it
Fast paced.
Solo-working so you are independent and take responsibility.

Meeting new people and learning different skills and tasks.

Attachment to the client's is the hardest as if the client passes it's very upsetting on carer and family and bond is created.

Learning new skills is the best part of the job and meeting different character's of people.

Typical day would be assisting client's with all their daily needs dressing, grooming, washing, feeding the client.

Management are in the office so contact is made over the phone, sometimes staff call out with supplies ppe to the homes with journal notes and to see the client's and how they are keeping.
had work with other companies but none are as good as this one, yes the office will call you loads but overall it was the best training and support I got from all the other 2 companies i worked for
Pros
lots of hours, great trainig app, good support
Cons
lots of vovers
I work in my clients home and do things to help them out like helping them shower, getting them dressed and making them food. My clients are so lovely and I enjoy going to see them when I'm working.
The girls in the office are great and no question is a big deal for them. I love going into the office for a cup of tea and a chat.
Pros
My clients, lots of information about the company and what's happening, the people I work with
Started working as a carer and looked at all the companies but decided on Comfort Keepers as my friends work there.
Told it was going to be a tough job but honestly i love it
Pros
clients
it a good place to work and a good team to work with the payment is low and the hour is not that good but it good for someone that just started working
Working part time with CC getting on fine.

Best advice to anyone thinking of looking for work is only do the hours that you have to otherwise you will be swamped, stick to an area that suits you otherwise you will be travelling all over, no mileage paid.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Pay needs to be improved.
It was alright but the hours wasn't good enough. I would have consider to stay with the job but the hours was not alright for me and that is why I left the job. I enjoyed every hours i did with them.
Pros
i don't have free lunch
Cons
the hours wasn't alright.
i didnt have review yet.

Management are very good. And my co-workers are very good also. the hardest part of this job its to see very ill old people.
Uncaring towards their staff and whats worse their clients.
The staff work so so hard for the company for rubbish pay.

I've had situations where I haven't been given travel time in between clients and end up being very late and then having to cut short my visits.

They underpaid me one month which ment I couldn't pay bills.

They are liars and over work the carer's.

I love being a carer and it will always be my career but working for comfort keepers was a joke.

I'm very surprised to see so many positive comments left for this company, they must have wrote most of them themselves. I know several employees working for comfort keepers that can't wait to leave.

If you would like to gain experience in caring then it is a good company to join as they would take on anyone but be prepared to be broke all the time for paying out on fuel, and also be prepared for an awful lot of unprofessional bullying behaviour from them.

You get given mostly 30 minute calls which aren't even worth the time and don't pay.
Pros
There isn't any apart from gaining experience.
Cons
You will be out of pocket, have to put up with a lot of nonsense from them, Not having a permanent routa, A lot of "office" mistakes tends to happen.
I worked for comfort keepers for two years, and overall it was an amazing experience. First and foremost I had to pleasure of working alongside my co-workers who were always there to help if and when I needed assistance. The relationships and bonds formed in this line of work are ones I know will be hard to come across again. Clients we visit everyday in their homes look forward to our arrival as some clients live alone and do not see anyone else for the day. To provide such comfort and happiness for another person by simply being there is a very rewarding feeling. As a care assistant we provide companionship, personal and nutritional care ensuring our clients have the highest quality of life that is achievable.
Comfort keepers do not pay travel expenses, however if you are available to work 25-30 hours a week it is worth your while, this company has a large volume of clients in all areas, If you choose the area in which you live you won't have far to travel to your client and if you are willing to do the hours and work hard it is very much worth your while.

I worked 6 out of 7 days every week for two years and was happy doing these hours, if you ever need a dig out the company will do all they can to assist you. Progression and promotion is very possible in this company if you are diligent hardworking individual.
Pros
Excellent managers, wonderful team of people to work, constantly improving where they can.
I'm the person responsible for making somebody's life easier my job helps people. typical day can be anything I work with wheelchair bound clients who need to be moved with the use of a hoist .some clients are bed ridden and I take care of their personal needs .like contince care and personal hygiene. my co workers and managers are there to help out when ever I may need them or if I'm not sure about something they will help . would like to have more chance of advancement . I am currently doing fetac 5 so pretty tired at end of day but so worth it
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
traveling