Play YouTube video button
Updates from Comfort Keepers:
Updated: 31 March 2020

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
easy going
Poor management with a lack of communication, ideal job for some people and you have to be natural in caring, hence the large turnover of new employees.
Stressful unorganized company
Since I have started I have been having problems with the scheduling of my shifts. I have to check the schedules everyday, and If you call or e-mail them they will make it as it is your own fault. Many many times they have scheduled a client just a minute after another's shift end, it is logical that you can't make it unless they live in the same house.

Other than that, they do not care about carers safety, as I complained about it and they didnn't even give the thought replying, in the other hand If they need you to a cover or to a new cover they will call you endlessly. They will stress you and put you in an uncomfotable position, even you have to explained you have a life other than work and that you also need time to basic needs i.e eat.

Speaking to another carer I could identify they face the same problem. The roster organization is very very disappointing, since some carers live closer to some clients and they won't give you that client and you are left with a schedule in which you walk more from one client to another. I'm doing 2h/day, working all morning and 2 shifts at night.They do call you often so most of the clients are aware of the problems the company has, since they can hear your call and the other carers call, and theirselves come talk to you about your company's issue.It's really really sad since the problems are highlighted and no measures are taken, also the credibility clients take at the company are low.
Extremely unprofessional
This company is in shambles, employees are supposed to be introduced to the clients BEFORE we go down to their homes but the office always put me in for people Ive never even met, the people in the office are not understanding in the slightest, (they blame you for the work that they are too lazy to put effort into and actually do their jobs properly) they are UNPROFESSIONAL while speaking to both employees and clients, even people that I know who also work with the company have said the same, the people in the office always call every single day even on your days off and when you dont answer they just keep on calling and HARRASS you. If I answer the phone & they ask if I can do a shift & I answer with a no and explain to them why as I cant do a shift outside my area as I do not drive & that that is client that I have never met before they ask several times and PUT PRESSURE ON EMPLOYEES before taking no for an answer, they ask me if they can get me a taxi there also several times before taking no for an answer. THE COMPANY DO NOT DEAL WITH PROBLEMS ACCURATELY. I called in highly ill one morning and explained that I could not work as I did not want to make the clients sick and they still inissted that I go to my first shift, I called hours before I was supposed to be at any shifts so that they would have time to call some other carers who are able to give the clients the care that they need but they still insisted that I go to my first one. THE PEOPLE ON CALL CAN NOT and DO NOT DO THEY'RE JOBS PROPERLY.  shadow shifts are not done properly at all. I could go on and on about them - more...
Official response from Comfort Keepers
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and provide a great place to work for our employees.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Your feedback is important to us, if there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
Very bad rosters and management does not care!
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute.
When you raise issues with the management they ignore you.

Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job.

Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Worse job ever done
Don’t apply there!!! Bunch of crazy people !! Don’t respect anything you tell them and the people, they manage and control your hour (even if you gave them your availability), call you even after 22:30 pm harassing you if you don’t answer... bad job ever done in my entire life
Terrible
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Great Company to work for
The work Comfort Keepers do has such a fantastic impact on the lives of those they help.
The company is committed to providing the best care possible to their clients. This can be seen by the constant training and upskilling of both their care team and the office support team in efforts to continuously improve the levels of care provided, and help the team achieve their own personal professional goals
Pros
The work is very rewarding, and makes a real difference in the lives of many
Feel good job
This is the most rewarding job I've done. I adore going to my clients daily and helping them out. We get updates regularly about whats going on in the company. I have to say when the storms happened I was worried about myself and my clients but the team were so good to me, constantly checking in on me and they made sure we all got home safe before the storm hit. I really like working here.
Pros
Team, Clients, Working Hours, Perks
Cons
would like to have more courses available.
Clients are wonderful, office is terrible
Our clients are lovely people but do go in hospital and on vacation so you don't get paid for shifts while your clients are away. The office will bother you all times of the day and evening and of course weekends to do shifts, even when you are booked off.
Dealing with people with Dementia/Alzheimer's is difficult depending on how far into the disease they are. You must have a tremendous amount of patience and understanding. Also clients pass away and when you get close to them it is very upsetting when this happens. You are aloud to go to their funerals. The best part of the job is when you walk in and you receive the loveliest smile and of course a thank you before you leave.
Pros
Friendship of the clients
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Good
I enjoy working here. The staff are a great laugh and the clients are so lovely. I love building relationships with clients and their family.

The hours are very bad, the gaps between clients are ridiculous turning up to some clients half an hour early because your close to them but can't go home as it's not worth your while coming back down to the area.

The pay is OK but only great if you actually get enough hours average 15-20 hours for 11.50. Only really worth it if you get 25+ hours.

The office staff are difficult to talk to, not nice if you say you don't want to care for a certain client or can't cover a shift. Every week is a struggle for hours and it's a long long month til pay day.
Pros
families and carer co workers
Cons
Bad hours, rude office staff, long month til pay day.
Supportive place to work
Really enjoy coming to work every day. My team really help me out. I adore going to my clients. Our tea party in the office was really good fun. I know where I can go in my career in there.
Pros
flexibility with working
Fantastic for personal development
Working with CK as a carer for three years. Love the job and have met some amazing people along the way. Caring gives you a real sense of purpose and incredible job satisfaction.
Pros
Job flexibilty, Good pay; Frequent training offered to enhance work performance, friendships formed with clients
Cons
Late hours may not suit everyone, No mileage cover (although pay is good)
it was an ok place to work but it could of been better to be honest
i would start at 8 in the morning some mornings i would start at 9 or so it depended on the clients needs, i would work 7 days a week without a break and on some saturday nights i wouldnt get home until at least 10.30 the hardest part of the job was having noo time off at all if i put in for a day off i would always get a phone call at some stage to cover something i addressed this many times but they didnt want to hear it
the management were not nice to be honest, expected too much from us and gave nothing in return not even a day off that we were entitled to we all worked long and hard and were never praised or anything..

co workers were decent hard working people like me that were never valued one bit..
Pros
Cons
long hours no time off and managment were not nice or understanding one bit
Carers workplace
Shifts are 30 minutes.

I learnt how to take care of old people. At the training programme for comfort keepers I learnt how to lift boxes and clients correctly and I also learnt what to do if an emergency occurred.

Time management and being organised is extremely important as a carer.

I work independently when I visit clients. Thus, I don't have co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is getting attached to clients and then e.g. they go into a nursing home and then you do not get to see them again.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you assisted a client with tasks while maintaining their dignity and respect.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Short hours
Comfort keepers
I loved working in comfort keepers meeting clients, helping them with their day to day life in any way I could, clocking in, preparing meals, desserts, tea, washing, just having a nice chat with them listening to them and making them feel comforted, record all my duties or concerns in the record book and reporting to my manager if necessary, work on my own or as part of a team. Hardest part of the job leaving them alone. Best part of the job is when a client tells you they are so thankful that they were able to stay in their own home thanks to you and its just a feel good job for me being able to help others, treat them as I would like to be treated.
Pros
nice job
Cons
not long enough in a home, driving your own car and using own petrol
nice and friendly environment
brilliant and rewarding job, not much contact with office, mainly revolves around clients. best part of the job is knowing you make a difference.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
awkward hours.
Fair and well managed
As a carer with comfort keepers I am very happy. I do not have much interaction with other carers but my co-ordinaters are extremely helpful and I know if I ever have any problems all I have to do is pick up the phone. They are always very understanding and make sure the carers are happy as well as the clients. The clients are very nice and so is their families. I really enjoy working for comfort keepers as they are a great agency to work for.
Pros
flexible hours
Its a very nice work place to be in, lots of help and training on hand, with excellent team work.
visiting the people in their homes and known you there to help them anyway you can a smile on their faces and a story puts a smile on my face known you going to make a big difference to their day is very rewarding.
What i learned is life is very short and should be lived and if i can give a little help and happiness to those who need it well im very previlaged to be in this sector of employment