Play YouTube video button
Updates from Comfort Keepers:
Updated: 31 March 2020

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews for Healthcare Assistant

Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
They don't pay for petrol. They only give 11.25 an hour. Sunday is 12.65 per hour.
I did love working with clients, it the girls in the office didn't really have any manners, if you need a day off you have to give 8 weeks notices. Which for me I didn't know when I would need a day off. In 8 weeks. You get paid every month. Which don't suit this type of work as you need to pay for petrol and drive your own car into the ground.
Utter disgrace
The reviews on this are obviously administtrated by management! This company is a joke, the work you do and treated like lower level by the lovely office staff, no manners or respect towards workers and some clients. I even witnessed phonecalls to elderly,the tone in which they spoke was nothing but disgraceful. And when its brought to manager attention they do nothing to address it. The logo is care of the people, laughable really. Clients let down, anyone sent on first day with no experience. Constantly recruiting but no hours for valuable experienced staff!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Company itself
Official response from Comfort Keepers
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and to provide a great place to work for our employees. We offer a number of roles to suit every individual including full time and part time guaranteed hours contracts meaning your pay does not decrease based on hours.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Your feedback is important to us, if there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
Left comfort keepers
They promise you great pay, travel time, job security and the lot but once you start working they pile you with calls back to back no travel time no time to yourself. If you say you cant do a call they harrass you with calls even to take on more. If you complain, they take away all your calls and you are left with less than 5hrs a week! They dont care about carers or clients, no communication between office staff nncommunicatibetween office staff
Friendily
Found all staff including office, managment and carers to be very helpful and friendly to each other . You just have to ring the office and your problem will be sorted straight away, i loved working there i could work the hours to fit around my day but didnt drive .
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
I didnt drive
disorganised
Although work is based on your own suitability, this does not always happen. Hours are not guaranteed. For drivers, fuel costs are your own and for commuters it can be very tough in bad weather.
Pros
own hours
Cons
driving around all day
Disorganised
I enjoyed working with the clients and have made some lifelong friends, but the management were not great, very disorganised, not guaranteed the hours and constantly oncall.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
constantly in and out, driving around, no fuel allowance
Stay away
Clients nice office staff awful speak down to carers like they had no intelligence office staff have no skills in ardee office to construct a rota they often send a number of carers to one call and skip clients no communications with carers no concept of clients needs they hold back wages as punishment to carers who dont hand in time sheets that you have to drive to there office at your owne expence to hand in which is a joke in this day and age not professional no staff retention because of bad mannered office staff
Pros
None nightmare
Cons
Unprofessional office staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Comfort Keepers?
meeting lovely clients
we have so many lovely clients that need to be taken care by you. they depend on us (careers) and we make sure we give our own very best.
Pros
free gloves