Play YouTube video button

2.7Pay & Benefits
2.9Job Security & Advancement
Found 4 reviews matching the search See all 3,213 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2019
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,
Clients are always friendly,
The job is challenging but not stressful,
Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
busy busy and very busy
HCA (Current Employee) –  Dublin15 July 2019
first role as a hca and was told it would be busy and it defo was.
My role was based in south Dublin and have some great clients. Office is fine but could have more events for us people out on the road.
Pros
clients, doing what i love
Cons
long hours, traffic
HCA (Current Employee) –  Bary24 April 2018
Working as a HCA is a difficult role with any company, you work in clients homes helping them to lead as independent a life as possible and this is very rewarding. It is also a difficult role and you need to manage your time correctly to ensure you visit all clients on time. You are often working alone. comfort Keepers have made this easier, they have a carer's app which allows you interact with the office in real time and you have support from your managers with issues or concerns. Comfort keepers provide training, I completed a 3 day induction course which includes patient manual handling at no cost. Comfort Keepers also provide the qualifications required at a reduced rate if you work with them. comfort Keepers have one of the highest rates of pay in this industry and offer full and flexible roles.
Pros
Pay Rates, Hours available, Carer App, training and managers
Cons
Travel to clients is not paid however this is a norm in this industry.
Would not recommand working for Comfort Keepers
Homecare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D5 December 2015
Unorganized
Inconsiderate
Liars
Bad Communicators
Pay is terrible
Time Wasters

The list could go on I worked here for half a year and the first three months it was great no problems or complaints . But by the 4th month they were giving me all these clients without asking if I can handle anymore hours . I just worked in the Dublin 15 area and was spending my months wages on fuel for my car which was a 1.0 engine . From all the driving I was doing I even ended up in hospital for 3.days it was terrible working conditions . I was bullied by both Care Co-Ordinators and forced into hours that I just could not do even on my day off they were making me work. I lost valuable time with my kids and husband and also my other family members . They even forced me to work the two months notice which was unfair in my opinion . I would never recommend Comfort Keepers to friends and family or even to older people looking to use homecare services.
Homecare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway4 February 2014
The management are all very nice to deal with. I have learned alot about the business. My co-workers were very nice to work with. The hardest part of the job is feeling helpless in some situations where you cannot help someone who obviously needs it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a position to help someone who needs it and feeling like you have made a difference to someones day.
Cons
Poor life/work balance.