Play YouTube video button
Information from Comfort Keepers:

Comfort Keepers Management reviews

Ireland95 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Bad management
Temped for a while A ln atmosphere of I’m the best in the office, childish Incompetent, stroppy unprofessional behaviour from management and other office staff and seems the only way to get promoted in there is to threaten to leave. Dreaded going in every day. Madhouse. Avoid.
easy going
Poor management with a lack of communication, ideal job for some people and you have to be natural in caring, hence the large turnover of new employees.
Fast paced. Productive and very Rewarding
My job is fast paced and can be stressful at times but the team are great and extremely supportive. Dealing with our clients and carers on a daily basis makes it all very rewarding. Our management team are also very approachable and supportive. Comfort Keepers are a company very much focused on career progression and fully encourage employees to develop and grow within the organisation.
I have learned so much in the year and a half that I have been here and I get great job satisfaction knowing that what I do every day helps to ensure that all of our clients get the highest standard of care possible from our highly trained and qualified carers. I have been encouraged to develop and progress in my role, hence broadening my skill-set. I look forward to continuing to my career with Comfort Keepers.
Fast pace environment with great team work
I have been working with Comfort Keepers nearly 4 years now. I love the pace, working with the office and the care staff and meeting our clients. i started with a junior role and have progressed within the office.
Pros
good management support, desirable working hours
Utter disgrace
The reviews on this are obviously administtrated by management! This company is a joke, the work you do and treated like lower level by the lovely office staff, no manners or respect towards workers and some clients. I even witnessed phonecalls to elderly,the tone in which they spoke was nothing but disgraceful. And when its brought to manager attention they do nothing to address it. The logo is care of the people, laughable really. Clients let down, anyone sent on first day with no experience. Constantly recruiting but no hours for valuable experienced staff!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Company itself
Official response from Comfort Keepers
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and to provide a great place to work for our employees. We offer a number of roles to suit every individual including full time and part time guaranteed hours contracts meaning your pay does not decrease based on hours.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Your feedback is important to us, if there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
Lovely staff
It’s fast paced, stressful, overwhelming almost at times but the team are great and management are VERY supportive. I’ve also made some great friends here and learned very invaluable skills. We also have good fun in the office
Very bad rosters and management does not care!
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute.
When you raise issues with the management they ignore you.
Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job.

Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Worse job ever done
Don’t apply there!!! Bunch of crazy people !! Don’t respect anything you tell them and the people, they manage and control your hour (even if you gave them your availability), call you even after 22:30 pm harassing you if you don’t answer... bad job ever done in my entire life
Unprofessional
They don't care about the carers. No time management skills and don't communicate with each or anyone else. Hardly ever answer the phones be lucky if you get an answer. They are rude and unprofessional when it comes to a carer wanting to leave. Act childish and won't speak to them because of it.
Comfor Keepers
Fast paced.
Solo-working so you are independent and take responsibility.

Meeting new people and learning different skills and tasks.

Attachment to the client's is the hardest as if the client passes it's very upsetting on carer and family and bond is created.

Learning new skills is the best part of the job and meeting different character's of people.

Typical day would be assisting client's with all their daily needs dressing, grooming, washing, feeding the client.

Management are in the office so contact is made over the phone, sometimes staff call out with supplies ppe to the homes with journal notes and to see the client's and how they are keeping.
Terrible
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Worst company
Worst company I ever worked with
Disgusting in all expects,no company standards, no tem work, nobody wants to work and thy dont want to see if u working hard...
Clear management direction and responsiveness
Comfort Keepers is a breath of fresh air to work with and within. Maybe this is partly reflective of my previous employer (another Healthcare provider) and their management methods but this Company is a great place to be.
Clear direction, clear understanding of where you are and what is expected of you. Excellent support available in all roles, room to grow, actively encouraging you to train & upskill all the time and prepared to support you in doing so.

For me though - the single best thing is knowing for an absolute fact that my manager has my back! Always!
Pros
Room & support to grow & get promotions
Cons
Few, the workload is heavy at times but there is reward
Comfort Keepers Cares
I really enjoy working with Comfort Keepers, especially the people that I work with.

Comfort Keepers has a fantastic induction program where I was given training about the company, basic care skills and I shadowed the other departments in the company to learn the different roles and how we all work together to deliver the highest quality of care to our clients.

People in Comfort Keepers genuinely care about their clients, carers and each other. They often go the extra mile to make sure that care is provided to our clients while looking after each other.

The management team are very approachable, they are open to suggestions and are very focused on innovative solutions to ensure that the organisation continuously improves.

Comfort Keepers is also very focused on career progression and encourages employees to develop within the company.

No two days are ever the same in Comfort Keepers but that's great! I've learned so much in my time with the company and I love my job because I know that what I do ensures that our clients get the care they deserve.
Pros
Great team, supportive environment, opportunities to progress
Great culture,
I have worked for Comfort Keepers for several years now. I am delighted to make a difference daily in the lives of so many. I look forward to coming to work in an environment that is supportive with great team work.

I also like the continuous approach to training and the great opportunities to progress your career
Pros
Team work, Good management structures, training
Cons
Management dont care about employee's well being
A company that bases on empathy and claims to care, but management don't care about their staff or carers. Management pretend like you can go to them but when you do, nothing will be done and communication is terrible.
Care support worker
Great company to work with. Staff and management were so supportive and friendly. I have learnt a lot about Irish culture and have made great friendships throughout the time I was working with Comfort keepers.
Pros
vouchers for appreciation
Disorganised
I enjoyed working with the clients and have made some lifelong friends, but the management were not great, very disorganised, not guaranteed the hours and constantly oncall.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
constantly in and out, driving around, no fuel allowance
A great place to work
At Comfort Keepers there is no typical day at work, we are a fast paced company that embraces change. This fast pace means that we can change rapidly to meet the changing needs of our clients and society as a whole.

I have learned to broaden my skill-set, having joined the company as the SME on recruitment, I have now learned to look at the different aspects of being a HR professional,

The management team here has a positive can do attitude and a keen eye for opportunities to improve the service for our clients and also to develop the talent within the business.

As the job is fast paced you need to be able to manage your day and prioritise task as they occur.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that today and every day we help the our Elderly clients to be comfortable at home knowing they have support. The second most enjoyable part of the role is seeing how the company develop people and promote from within. Many carers have moved into office positions and been promoted a number of times
Pros
A culture that promotes development.
productive and fun work place
I went into elderly peoples homes and helped them around the house made the a hot dinner if needed. I did basic household things like sweep the floor, did the washing up, helped them get ready for bed or out of bed. The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting down and having a chat about random things. the seemed to just like the company sometimes all they wanted was to sit and have a chat about what was happening around the world. Management was great if I needed anything they were just a phone call away.
Pros
good fun with the elderly people
Cons
they started passing away
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K