Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers Pay & benefits reviews

Contact with the office can be very spotty as there are long call waiting times and as a hca in the field, when you ring you need assistance now, not later or tomorrow. Long days of work, which are only partially paid as you get payday in hour/half hour increments and traveltimes aren't covered. Out of 9-10 hours out of the house, maybe 6-7hours pay if you're lucky and have plenty of clients.
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers.We are sorry to see you have left us but we appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards, Comfort Keepers
The promise you the sun moon and stars. You get nothing only small wages, uncertain hours. You are expected to drive many miles for little pay, no money for fuel. One week you could have 20 hours, the next week you could have four. My advice stay clear.
Pros
Cons
Awful management, haven't a clue what they are doing
9 December 2020
Hello, I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience, but thank you for taking the time to leave this review as feedback is very important to us. Kind regards, Comfort Keepers .
They will give you a ridiculous shift pattern, you will work hard and they will not treat you as a human being. Sometimes you will have enough hours and then they will cut your hours without warning.
Pros
meet nice colauges
Cons
hours, salary, management
25 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers.We are sorry to see you have left us but appreciate your feedback as it is really important to us and helps us to continually improve.Kind Regards, Comfort Keepers
This company left me out of pocket because not paid travel expenses, so when going to work for them had to pay for petrol which left me out of pocket and couldn’t afford to stay with them
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. We are sorry to see you have left us. We offer a number of roles to suit every individual including full time and part time guaranteed hours contracts with fuel allowance meaning your pay does not decrease based on hours. We have roles that include a company car and a fuel card. If there is anything we can help you with on an individual basis you can email care@comfortkeepers.ie. Thank you,Comfort Keepers Team
The salary at comfort keepers never increase, the work is ok where you can work according your availability. The rotation in the administrative position is hight.
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute. When you raise issues with the management they ignore you. Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job. Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Very disappointed not as what it was described rate of pay very bad use your own petrol no allowance and very few hours offered done all the training and to be given rates of pay at the end in my contract not worth it
I am only a short time working for Comfort Keepers but i am finding it a very productive company. It is also very rewarding. Colleagues are so supportive and helpful.
Pros
flexibility and part-time hours
Working part time with CC getting on fine. Best advice to anyone thinking of looking for work is only do the hours that you have to otherwise you will be swamped, stick to an area that suits you otherwise you will be travelling all over, no mileage paid.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Pay needs to be improved.
Wonderful place to work, very supportive. Great work-life balance, fantastic level of training provided and great benefits. Very friendly atmosphere and all staff are lovely to work with.
Although work is based on your own suitability, this does not always happen. Hours are not guaranteed. For drivers, fuel costs are your own and for commuters it can be very tough in bad weather.
Pros
own hours
Cons
driving around all day
I enjoyed working with the clients and have made some lifelong friends, but the management were not great, very disorganised, not guaranteed the hours and constantly oncall.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
constantly in and out, driving around, no fuel allowance
It was alright but the hours wasn't good enough. I would have consider to stay with the job but the hours was not alright for me and that is why I left the job. I enjoyed every hours i did with them.
Pros
i don't have free lunch
Cons
the hours wasn't alright.
If you can make it work for you, instead of letting CK wear you out, it can be ok! Just added up mileage after first 6 months, and its very high. Have to be a carer for yourself first! Protect yourself from pushy way of giving hours that are disruptive to your own life. Office are under pressure and they ruthlessly pass that pressure on to overworked carers. Good genuine carers find it difficult to say no to someone needing care. So, have to learn to say No. On the other hand, the clients are all so nice and kind, and make it all worthwhile.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Flexible hours!
Working with CK as a carer for three years. Love the job and have met some amazing people along the way. Caring gives you a real sense of purpose and incredible job satisfaction.
Pros
Job flexibilty, Good pay; Frequent training offered to enhance work performance, friendships formed with clients
Cons
Late hours may not suit everyone, No mileage cover (although pay is good)
i would start at 8 in the morning some mornings i would start at 9 or so it depended on the clients needs, i would work 7 days a week without a break and on some saturday nights i wouldnt get home until at least 10.30 the hardest part of the job was having noo time off at all if i put in for a day off i would always get a phone call at some stage to cover something i addressed this many times but they didnt want to hear it the management were not nice to be honest, expected too much from us and gave nothing in return not even a day off that we were entitled to we all worked long and hard and were never praised or anything.. co workers were decent hard working people like me that were never valued one bit..
Pros
Cons
long hours no time off and managment were not nice or understanding one bit
Clients are wonderful and are kind to staff.Management care a lot about staff welfare and they offer free trainingsvto staff from time to time.
Pros
no free food
Cons
shorter hours
we have so many lovely clients that need to be taken care by you. they depend on us (careers) and we make sure we give our own very best.
Pros
free gloves
Cons
When there is short of staff, I learnt differenet trainings about taking care of the clients, good co-worker working as a team, when something go wrong, carrying out good work the clients.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
25 to 35 hours