Play YouTube video button
Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Very bad rosters and management does not care!
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute.
When you raise issues with the management they ignore you.

Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job.

Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Worse job ever done
Don’t apply there!!! Bunch of crazy people !! Don’t respect anything you tell them and the people, they manage and control your hour (even if you gave them your availability), call you even after 22:30 pm harassing you if you don’t answer... bad job ever done in my entire life
Poorly Managed
Am working here at present. They have new system that is being abused.
No time being allowed for travel.

Office ery bad at comunication with carers and clients. Client service caĺs changed frequently without warning
Highly recommend the Galway city office
Highly recommend the Galway city office great managers who care, its a good company to start your carinf career with as they will take you on if you are successful at interview and are willing to complete two fetac modules which you can do for free at your local college of further education, this is what I did in Ballinasloe, Ireland anyways.
Friendily
Found all staff including office, managment and carers to be very helpful and friendly to each other . You just have to ring the office and your problem will be sorted straight away, i loved working there i could work the hours to fit around my day but didnt drive .
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
I didnt drive
Unprofessional
They don't care about the carers. No time management skills and don't communicate with each or anyone else. Hardly ever answer the phones be lucky if you get an answer. They are rude and unprofessional when it comes to a carer wanting to leave. Act childish and won't speak to them because of it.
Very unpleasant
Very disappointed not as what it was described rate of pay very bad use your own petrol no allowance and very few hours offered done all the training and to be given rates of pay at the end in my contract not worth it
Comfor Keepers
Fast paced.
Solo-working so you are independent and take responsibility.

Meeting new people and learning different skills and tasks.

Attachment to the client's is the hardest as if the client passes it's very upsetting on carer and family and bond is created.

Learning new skills is the best part of the job and meeting different character's of people.

Typical day would be assisting client's with all their daily needs dressing, grooming, washing, feeding the client.

Management are in the office so contact is made over the phone, sometimes staff call out with supplies ppe to the homes with journal notes and to see the client's and how they are keeping.
Educational and Tough
People have very mixed feelings when it comes to this company.
There is no typical day as your client's mood can change very easily due to the health conditions they have. But to list a few tasks include maintenance of their personal hygiene, meal preparation, companionship, light housework, and medication prompting.

Due to the nature of the work (going house to house, and clients can cancel their visit, fall ill, or pass), rosters tend to be very irregualr and consume your day. By that, I mean you could have no work in the morning but then some work in the afternoon or one shift (shift being a house call) in the afternnon. There isnt always a consistent pattern on a weekly basis.
Really fun worthwhile job with a great company
had work with other companies but none are as good as this one, yes the office will call you loads but overall it was the best training and support I got from all the other 2 companies i worked for
Pros
lots of hours, great trainig app, good support
Cons
lots of vovers
busy busy and very busy
first role as a hca and was told it would be busy and it defo was.
My role was based in south Dublin and have some great clients. Office is fine but could have more events for us people out on the road.
Pros
clients, doing what i love
Cons
long hours, traffic
Terrible
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Worst company
Worst company I ever worked with
Disgusting in all expects,no company standards, no tem work, nobody wants to work and thy dont want to see if u working hard...
productive and rewarding place to work
I am only a short time working for Comfort Keepers but i am finding it a very productive company. It is also very rewarding. Colleagues are so supportive and helpful.
Pros
flexibility and part-time hours
Clear management direction and responsiveness
Comfort Keepers is a breath of fresh air to work with and within. Maybe this is partly reflective of my previous employer (another Healthcare provider) and their management methods but this Company is a great place to be.
Clear direction, clear understanding of where you are and what is expected of you. Excellent support available in all roles, room to grow, actively encouraging you to train & upskill all the time and prepared to support you in doing so.

For me though - the single best thing is knowing for an absolute fact that my manager has my back! Always!
Pros
Room & support to grow & get promotions
Cons
Few, the workload is heavy at times but there is reward
Rewarding job
I work in my clients home and do things to help them out like helping them shower, getting them dressed and making them food. My clients are so lovely and I enjoy going to see them when I'm working.
The girls in the office are great and no question is a big deal for them. I love going into the office for a cup of tea and a chat.
Pros
My clients, lots of information about the company and what's happening, the people I work with
Comfort Keepers Cares
I really enjoy working with Comfort Keepers, especially the people that I work with.

Comfort Keepers has a fantastic induction program where I was given training about the company, basic care skills and I shadowed the other departments in the company to learn the different roles and how we all work together to deliver the highest quality of care to our clients.

People in Comfort Keepers genuinely care about their clients, carers and each other. They often go the extra mile to make sure that care is provided to our clients while looking after each other.

The management team are very approachable, they are open to suggestions and are very focused on innovative solutions to ensure that the organisation continuously improves.

Comfort Keepers is also very focused on career progression and encourages employees to develop within the company.

No two days are ever the same in Comfort Keepers but that's great! I've learned so much in my time with the company and I love my job because I know that what I do ensures that our clients get the care they deserve.
Pros
Great team, supportive environment, opportunities to progress
Great Company to work for
The work Comfort Keepers do has such a fantastic impact on the lives of those they help.
The company is committed to providing the best care possible to their clients. This can be seen by the constant training and upskilling of both their care team and the office support team in efforts to continuously improve the levels of care provided, and help the team achieve their own personal professional goals
Pros
The work is very rewarding, and makes a real difference in the lives of many
Hard job but great support and lovely clients
Started working as a carer and looked at all the companies but decided on Comfort Keepers as my friends work there.
Told it was going to be a tough job but honestly i love it
Pros
clients
Great culture,
I have worked for Comfort Keepers for several years now. I am delighted to make a difference daily in the lives of so many. I look forward to coming to work in an environment that is supportive with great team work.

I also like the continuous approach to training and the great opportunities to progress your career
Pros
Team work, Good management structures, training
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K