Play YouTube video button
Information from Comfort Keepers:

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Ireland102 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
This company is in shambles, employees are supposed to be introduced to the clients BEFORE we go down to their homes but the office always put me in for people Ive never even met, the people in the office are not understanding in the slightest, (they blame you for the work that they are too lazy to put effort into and actually do their jobs properly) they are UNPROFESSIONAL while speaking to both employees and clients, even people that I know who also work with the company have said the same, the people in the office always call every single day even on your days off and when you dont answer they just keep on calling and HARRASS you. If I answer the phone & they ask if I can do a shift & I answer with a no and explain to them why as I cant do a shift outside my area as I do not drive & that that is client that I have never met before they ask several times and PUT PRESSURE ON EMPLOYEES before taking no for an answer, they ask me if they can get me a taxi there also several times before taking no for an answer. THE COMPANY DO NOT DEAL WITH PROBLEMS ACCURATELY. I called in highly ill one morning and explained that I could not work as I did not want to make the clients sick and they still inissted that I go to my first shift, I called hours before I was supposed to be at any shifts so that they would have time to call some other carers who are able to give the clients the care that they need but they still insisted that I go to my first one. THE PEOPLE ON CALL CAN NOT and DO NOT DO THEY'RE JOBS PROPERLY.  shadow shifts are not done properly at all. I could go on and on about them - more...
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and provide a great place to work for our employees.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Your feedback is important to us, if there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
The reviews on this are obviously administtrated by management! This company is a joke, the work you do and treated like lower level by the lovely office staff, no manners or respect towards workers and some clients. I even witnessed phonecalls to elderly,the tone in which they spoke was nothing but disgraceful. And when its brought to manager attention they do nothing to address it. The logo is care of the people, laughable really. Clients let down, anyone sent on first day with no experience. Constantly recruiting but no hours for valuable experienced staff!!
Pros
Clients
Cons
Company itself
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare for our clients and to provide a great place to work for our employees. We offer a number of roles to suit every individual including full time and part time guaranteed hours contracts meaning your pay does not decrease based on hours.
Our values are;

- Quality

- Caring

- Professionalism and

- Continuous Improvement

We are committed and aspire to our values on a daily basis.

Comfort Keepers Team
This company left me out of pocket because not paid travel expenses, so when going to work for them had to pay for petrol which left me out of pocket and couldn’t afford to stay with them
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. We are sorry to see you have left us. We offer a number of roles to suit every individual including full time and part time guaranteed hours contracts with fuel allowance meaning your pay does not decrease based on hours. We have roles that include a company car and a fuel card. If there is anything we can help you with on an individual basis you can email care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Great place to work.
Very fast paced office with friendly supportive co-workers and managers.

Can be stressful at times due to many factors such as clients falling ill, carers out on leave and time/shift changes but is very rewarding and the pay is good.

To those looking to start a career as a Carer, this company is ideal as they provide training and assistance in getting your QQI certificate.
Pros
Great company, great co-workers and pay
Cons
Fast paced
Every day, the shifts, times and even clients were being modified a lot, so I couldn't plan my breaks or what time I would have a lunch or dinner.
All those changes, never turn our travel-times better, I never had enough time between from one client to another. They have no clue in if the care assistants were on foot or were driving to plan those times.

Every week, I had to call a couple of times to talk about those issues and nothing changed.

During our training was told us that any problem, we must call and report it to the oncall. The oncall service should have be our support in difficult times. However, the oncall service was dreadful.

I felt sorry for the clients too, because, even them, couldn't count on company
4 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Keepers. I am sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. Comfort Keepers strive to provide quality homecare and to provide a great place to work for our employees, this is of great importance to us.
Your feedback is important and appreciated. If there is anything else you would like to discuss with us you can contact us at: care@comfortkeepers.ie.

Comfort Keepers Team
The salary at comfort keepers never increase, the work is ok where you can work according your availability. The rotation in the administrative position is hight.
The work is rewarding and you can gain great experience but the office is terrible. You get constant phonecalls, messing your roster to suit themselves and put into situations with little training. They will ring you even at times you tell them not to. I have had shifts randomly added to my roster without me agreeing. One other problem I have is not being given adequate travel time to get between clients. Their own website says the care assistant is introduced to every client but that rarely happens. If you factor in travel time and expenses you will earn a less than minimum wage. They expect you to alter your schedule all the time but provide little or no flexibility if you need a favour. One of the main advantages is it is easy to gain experience because they are always stuck for carers because of the way they treat people. I would highly recommend applying to other companies first or maybe even volunteering if you are looking to help or gain experience somewhere.
They promise you great pay, travel time, job security and the lot but once you start working they pile you with calls back to back no travel time no time to yourself. If you say you cant do a call they harrass you with calls even to take on more. If you complain, they take away all your calls and you are left with less than 5hrs a week! They dont care about carers or clients, no communication between office staff nncommunicatibetween office staff
Rosters keep changing without notification so you end up running between clients the office add at the last minute.
When you raise issues with the management they ignore you.

Turn-over is huge as carers get 6 months experience and move on to a better job.

Pay is low too, no promotion possible either
Don’t apply there!!! Bunch of crazy people !! Don’t respect anything you tell them and the people, they manage and control your hour (even if you gave them your availability), call you even after 22:30 pm harassing you if you don’t answer... bad job ever done in my entire life
Am working here at present. They have new system that is being abused.
No time being allowed for travel.

Office ery bad at comunication with carers and clients. Client service caĺs changed frequently without warning
Highly recommend the Galway city office great managers who care, its a good company to start your carinf career with as they will take you on if you are successful at interview and are willing to complete two fetac modules which you can do for free at your local college of further education, this is what I did in Ballinasloe, Ireland anyways.
Found all staff including office, managment and carers to be very helpful and friendly to each other . You just have to ring the office and your problem will be sorted straight away, i loved working there i could work the hours to fit around my day but didnt drive .
Pros
Flexi hours
Cons
I didnt drive
They don't care about the carers. No time management skills and don't communicate with each or anyone else. Hardly ever answer the phones be lucky if you get an answer. They are rude and unprofessional when it comes to a carer wanting to leave. Act childish and won't speak to them because of it.
Very disappointed not as what it was described rate of pay very bad use your own petrol no allowance and very few hours offered done all the training and to be given rates of pay at the end in my contract not worth it
Fast paced.
Solo-working so you are independent and take responsibility.

Meeting new people and learning different skills and tasks.

Attachment to the client's is the hardest as if the client passes it's very upsetting on carer and family and bond is created.

Learning new skills is the best part of the job and meeting different character's of people.

Typical day would be assisting client's with all their daily needs dressing, grooming, washing, feeding the client.

Management are in the office so contact is made over the phone, sometimes staff call out with supplies ppe to the homes with journal notes and to see the client's and how they are keeping.
People have very mixed feelings when it comes to this company.
There is no typical day as your client's mood can change very easily due to the health conditions they have. But to list a few tasks include maintenance of their personal hygiene, meal preparation, companionship, light housework, and medication prompting.

Due to the nature of the work (going house to house, and clients can cancel their visit, fall ill, or pass), rosters tend to be very irregualr and consume your day. By that, I mean you could have no work in the morning but then some work in the afternoon or one shift (shift being a house call) in the afternnon. There isnt always a consistent pattern on a weekly basis.
had work with other companies but none are as good as this one, yes the office will call you loads but overall it was the best training and support I got from all the other 2 companies i worked for
Pros
lots of hours, great trainig app, good support
Cons
lots of vovers
first role as a hca and was told it would be busy and it defo was.
My role was based in south Dublin and have some great clients. Office is fine but could have more events for us people out on the road.
Pros
clients, doing what i love
Cons
long hours, traffic
Rude staff in hr/office, no help whatsoever. Clueless, if you work in the home care sector avoid this company at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons
Rude staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K