Play YouTube video button
Comfort Keepers

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Great Support, Progression and Development Opportunities.
I really enjoy working with Comfort Keepers and have had a great experienced with them. I have trained and developed and progressed in my role since being in Comfort Keepers. I would recommend anyone who wants to work with a company that is embracing change and supports you during it.
Pros
Support, Development, Progression
Cons
Very Busy, Can be unpredictable environment.
Feel good job
This is the most rewarding job I've done. I adore going to my clients daily and helping them out. We get updates regularly about whats going on in the company. I have to say when the storms happened I was worried about myself and my clients but the team were so good to me, constantly checking in on me and they made sure we all got home safe before the storm hit. I really like working here.
Pros
Team, Clients, Working Hours, Perks
Cons
would like to have more courses available.
Loads of fun
Hi, great place to work.
Nice people nice offices.

Great experience and rewarding work.

I work with a great team and have learned so much.

I would recommend a great place to work
Pros
Great team. Great expierience
Clients are wonderful, office is terrible
Our clients are lovely people but do go in hospital and on vacation so you don't get paid for shifts while your clients are away. The office will bother you all times of the day and evening and of course weekends to do shifts, even when you are booked off.
Dealing with people with Dementia/Alzheimer's is difficult depending on how far into the disease they are. You must have a tremendous amount of patience and understanding. Also clients pass away and when you get close to them it is very upsetting when this happens. You are aloud to go to their funerals. The best part of the job is when you walk in and you receive the loveliest smile and of course a thank you before you leave.
Pros
Friendship of the clients
Cons
Long hours, low pay
good place to work
it a good place to work and a good team to work with the payment is low and the hour is not that good but it good for someone that just started working
Good
I enjoy working here. The staff are a great laugh and the clients are so lovely. I love building relationships with clients and their family.

The hours are very bad, the gaps between clients are ridiculous turning up to some clients half an hour early because your close to them but can't go home as it's not worth your while coming back down to the area.

The pay is OK but only great if you actually get enough hours average 15-20 hours for 11.50. Only really worth it if you get 25+ hours.

The office staff are difficult to talk to, not nice if you say you don't want to care for a certain client or can't cover a shift. Every week is a struggle for hours and it's a long long month til pay day.
Pros
families and carer co workers
Cons
Bad hours, rude office staff, long month til pay day.
Management dont care about employee's well being
A company that bases on empathy and claims to care, but management don't care about their staff or carers. Management pretend like you can go to them but when you do, nothing will be done and communication is terrible.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Comfort Keepers?
Supportive place to work
Really enjoy coming to work every day. My team really help me out. I adore going to my clients. Our tea party in the office was really good fun. I know where I can go in my career in there.
Pros
flexibility with working
Cons
Working as a HCA is a difficult role with any company, you work in clients homes helping them to lead as independent a life as possible and this is very rewarding. It is also a difficult role and you need to manage your time correctly to ensure you visit all clients on time. You are often working alone. comfort Keepers have made this easier, they have a carer's app which allows you interact with the office in real time and you have support from your managers with issues or concerns. Comfort keepers provide training, I completed a 3 day induction course which includes patient manual handling at no cost. Comfort Keepers also provide the qualifications required at a reduced rate if you work with them. comfort Keepers have one of the highest rates of pay in this industry and offer full and flexible roles.
Pros
Pay Rates, Hours available, Carer App, training and managers
Cons
Travel to clients is not paid however this is a norm in this industry.
Good to Learn
I am responsable to care patients with old age.
I need to read their care plan and to do everything that have there. For example: take shower them, give medications, prepare some meals, to do company and pay atention if the patient is feeling well.
Pros
I can practice and improve my English every day
Cons
I spend too much time going in many houses per day and my money to pay public transportation
Care support worker
Great company to work with. Staff and management were so supportive and friendly. I have learnt a lot about Irish culture and have made great friendships throughout the time I was working with Comfort keepers.
Pros
vouchers for appreciation
Fun and Rewarding place to work
Comfort keepers is a great place. it is a fun and rewarding place to work. The atmosphere is good very friendly, clients and employees are both an equal priority. The work is very rewarding to know we are facilitating people living in their own homes for longer. Good bonuses refer a friend rewards etc. Progressive company everyone is encouraged and can gain good experience . Fair and well managed offices.
Pros
Bonuses, refer a friend, good work life balance
Not a bad place to work
Working part time with CC getting on fine.

Best advice to anyone thinking of looking for work is only do the hours that you have to otherwise you will be swamped, stick to an area that suits you otherwise you will be travelling all over, no mileage paid.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Pay needs to be improved.
Great place to work.
Wonderful place to work, very supportive. Great work-life balance, fantastic level of training provided and great benefits.

Very friendly atmosphere and all staff are lovely to work with.
Productive and honest company
Great company and great individuals doing good and rewarding work to assist and help make a difference to the vulnerable and elderly in our society.

This company continues to improve standards and quality of life for both clients and employees year on year.
Pros
good salaries - continous training - addtional rewards - affiliaiton schemes
Cons
non at present
More than just a job
Comfort Keepers is great place to work for people who value friendliness and team spirit at work place. Company always look after staff. It is a fast pace, constantly changing environment. There are opportunities for growth and development. I definitely would recommend this company to a friend.
Pros
Friendly colleagues and managers. Lots of fun events. Chances for progression.
Cons
The pace can seem at times too fast
disorganised
Although work is based on your own suitability, this does not always happen. Hours are not guaranteed. For drivers, fuel costs are your own and for commuters it can be very tough in bad weather.
Pros
own hours
Cons
driving around all day
Disorganised
I enjoyed working with the clients and have made some lifelong friends, but the management were not great, very disorganised, not guaranteed the hours and constantly oncall.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
constantly in and out, driving around, no fuel allowance
alright
It was alright but the hours wasn't good enough. I would have consider to stay with the job but the hours was not alright for me and that is why I left the job. I enjoyed every hours i did with them.
Pros
i don't have free lunch
Cons
the hours wasn't alright.
Zero hour contract = overall low pay
If you can make it work for you, instead of letting CK wear you out, it can be ok! Just added up mileage after first 6 months, and its very high. Have to be a carer for yourself first!

Protect yourself from pushy way of giving hours that are disruptive to your own life. Office are under pressure and they ruthlessly pass that pressure on to overworked carers. Good genuine carers find it difficult to say no to someone needing care. So, have to learn to say No.

On the other hand, the clients are all so nice and kind, and make it all worthwhile.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Flexible hours!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K