Play YouTube video button

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the search See all 3,211 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2019
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,
Clients are always friendly,
The job is challenging but not stressful,
Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Fun and Rewarding place to work
support staff (Current Employee) –  Ireland7 November 2017
Comfort keepers is a great place. it is a fun and rewarding place to work. The atmosphere is good very friendly, clients and employees are both an equal priority. The work is very rewarding to know we are facilitating people living in their own homes for longer. Good bonuses refer a friend rewards etc. Progressive company everyone is encouraged and can gain good experience . Fair and well managed offices.
Pros
Bonuses, refer a friend, good work life balance
Not a bad place to work
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 October 2017
Working part time with CC getting on fine.

Best advice to anyone thinking of looking for work is only do the hours that you have to otherwise you will be swamped, stick to an area that suits you otherwise you will be travelling all over, no mileage paid.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Pay needs to be improved.
Great place to work.
Finance (Current Employee) –  Louth12 October 2017
Wonderful place to work, very supportive. Great work-life balance, fantastic level of training provided and great benefits.

Very friendly atmosphere and all staff are lovely to work with.
Productive and honest company
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Regional office12 October 2017
Great company and great individuals doing good and rewarding work to assist and help make a difference to the vulnerable and elderly in our society.

This company continues to improve standards and quality of life for both clients and employees year on year.
Pros
good salaries - continous training - addtional rewards - affiliaiton schemes
Cons
non at present
More than just a job
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dublin6 October 2017
Comfort Keepers is great place to work for people who value friendliness and team spirit at work place. Company always look after staff. It is a fast pace, constantly changing environment. There are opportunities for growth and development. I definitely would recommend this company to a friend.
Pros
Friendly colleagues and managers. Lots of fun events. Chances for progression.
Cons
The pace can seem at times too fast
disorganised
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 September 2017
Although work is based on your own suitability, this does not always happen. Hours are not guaranteed. For drivers, fuel costs are your own and for commuters it can be very tough in bad weather.
Pros
own hours
Cons
driving around all day
Disorganised
Health Care Assistant/ Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Dublin9 September 2017
I enjoyed working with the clients and have made some lifelong friends, but the management were not great, very disorganised, not guaranteed the hours and constantly oncall.
Pros
Work on your own time
Cons
constantly in and out, driving around, no fuel allowance
alright
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  dubln24 May 2017
It was alright but the hours wasn't good enough. I would have consider to stay with the job but the hours was not alright for me and that is why I left the job. I enjoyed every hours i did with them.
Pros
i don't have free lunch
Cons
the hours wasn't alright.
Zero hour contract = overall low pay
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Dublin8 April 2017
If you can make it work for you, instead of letting CK wear you out, it can be ok! Just added up mileage after first 6 months, and its very high. Have to be a carer for yourself first!

Protect yourself from pushy way of giving hours that are disruptive to your own life. Office are under pressure and they ruthlessly pass that pressure on to overworked carers. Good genuine carers find it difficult to say no to someone needing care. So, have to learn to say No.

On the other hand, the clients are all so nice and kind, and make it all worthwhile.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Flexible hours!
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2017
Working with Comfort keepers give me a chance to meet and learn from some of the best people to work with. It gave me a chance to adhere my theoretical knowledge into practical knowledge into a fast spaced and exiting culture.
Fantastic for personal development
Carer (Current Employee) –  Limerick8 March 2017
Working with CK as a carer for three years. Love the job and have met some amazing people along the way. Caring gives you a real sense of purpose and incredible job satisfaction.
Pros
Job flexibilty, Good pay; Frequent training offered to enhance work performance, friendships formed with clients
Cons
Late hours may not suit everyone, No mileage cover (although pay is good)
Varied with different clients
Home Help (Former Employee) –  Various6 March 2017
Very rewarding job, loved being able to make someones day easier or just being able to provide them with some company.
Every client was different, some were low maintenance and only needed company and others were high dependent which involved getting them out of bed, dressed,fed, and their house in a good living condition, ie. clean, warm and tidy.
I felt a great seance of responsibility caring or another person.
A great place to work
Recruitment Manager (Current Employee) –  Nationwide24 February 2017
At Comfort Keepers there is no typical day at work, we are a fast paced company that embraces change. This fast pace means that we can change rapidly to meet the changing needs of our clients and society as a whole.

I have learned to broaden my skill-set, having joined the company as the SME on recruitment, I have now learned to look at the different aspects of being a HR professional,

The management team here has a positive can do attitude and a keen eye for opportunities to improve the service for our clients and also to develop the talent within the business.

As the job is fast paced you need to be able to manage your day and prioritise task as they occur.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that today and every day we help the our Elderly clients to be comfortable at home knowing they have support. The second most enjoyable part of the role is seeing how the company develop people and promote from within. Many carers have moved into office positions and been promoted a number of times
Pros
A culture that promotes development.
productive and fun work place
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gorey, County Wexford9 January 2017
I went into elderly peoples homes and helped them around the house made the a hot dinner if needed. I did basic household things like sweep the floor, did the washing up, helped them get ready for bed or out of bed. The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting down and having a chat about random things. the seemed to just like the company sometimes all they wanted was to sit and have a chat about what was happening around the world. Management was great if I needed anything they were just a phone call away.
Pros
good fun with the elderly people
Cons
they started passing away
Stay away
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meath10 December 2016
Clients nice office staff awful speak down to carers like they had no intelligence office staff have no skills in ardee office to construct a rota they often send a number of carers to one call and skip clients no communications with carers no concept of clients needs they hold back wages as punishment to carers who dont hand in time sheets that you have to drive to there office at your owne expence to hand in which is a joke in this day and age not professional no staff retention because of bad mannered office staff
Pros
None nightmare
Cons
Unprofessional office staff
it was an ok place to work but it could of been better to be honest
Carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin26 November 2016
i would start at 8 in the morning some mornings i would start at 9 or so it depended on the clients needs, i would work 7 days a week without a break and on some saturday nights i wouldnt get home until at least 10.30 the hardest part of the job was having noo time off at all if i put in for a day off i would always get a phone call at some stage to cover something i addressed this many times but they didnt want to hear it
the management were not nice to be honest, expected too much from us and gave nothing in return not even a day off that we were entitled to we all worked long and hard and were never praised or anything..
co workers were decent hard working people like me that were never valued one bit..
Pros
Cons
long hours no time off and managment were not nice or understanding one bit
i didnt have review
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Ballinasloe, County Galway22 September 2016
i didnt have review yet.

Management are very good. And my co-workers are very good also. the hardest part of this job its to see very ill old people.
Meeting a variety people, good feel factor.
Administrator/Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Louth20 September 2016
Greet clients, assess any risks. Ensure daily needs are met. Chat and empathise with them. Management and Co workers approachable. Currently 2 days pw
Pros
I like the independence of this job
Cons
The waiting period between clients appointments
nice place to work
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Dublin10 July 2016
Clients are wonderful and are kind to staff.Management care a lot about staff welfare and they offer free trainingsvto staff from time to time.
Pros
no free food
Cons
shorter hours
Challenging, Involving and interesting
NOTE TAKER / CARE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dublin3 July 2016
It was a challenging job working with a disabled person, however am happy to acquire skills that are vital for my carrier.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
Challenging job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K