Play YouTube video button

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the search See all 3,218 reviews
Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin17 July 2019
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,
Clients are always friendly,
The job is challenging but not stressful,
Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
meeting lovely clients
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 June 2016
we have so many lovely clients that need to be taken care by you. they depend on us (careers) and we make sure we give our own very best.
Pros
free gloves
Cons
One of the worst companies ever to work for
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meath5 May 2016
Uncaring towards their staff and whats worse their clients.
The staff work so so hard for the company for rubbish pay.
I've had situations where I haven't been given travel time in between clients and end up being very late and then having to cut short my visits.
They underpaid me one month which ment I couldn't pay bills.
They are liars and over work the carer's.
I love being a carer and it will always be my career but working for comfort keepers was a joke.
I'm very surprised to see so many positive comments left for this company, they must have wrote most of them themselves. I know several employees working for comfort keepers that can't wait to leave.
If you would like to gain experience in caring then it is a good company to join as they would take on anyone but be prepared to be broke all the time for paying out on fuel, and also be prepared for an awful lot of unprofessional bullying behaviour from them.
You get given mostly 30 minute calls which aren't even worth the time and don't pay.
Pros
There isn't any apart from gaining experience.
Cons
You will be out of pocket, have to put up with a lot of nonsense from them, Not having a permanent routa, A lot of "office" mistakes tends to happen.
great experience, wonderful clients and family members. Also most of the office staff were lovely to deal with
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Dublin21 April 2016
- A typical day at work would consist of visiting a number of clients in their home and carrying out tasks, such as personal care, meal preparation and house cleaning.
- I learned how to deal with difficult behaviours and frustrated family members.
- Management were great for holding staff nights to meet other carers that work within the company
- The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will have work the next day. Your hours were not always secure because clients could end up in hospital or pass away within the time you are not there.
- The most enjoyable part of this job was the amazing people I met and had the pleasure to work with. It was also hard getting to know the patients you work with and then losing them when they pass away. It can be hard not to get attached to clients as you work with them on such a personal level and as you work in their homes, you meet their families and friends.
Cons
non secure hours
Nice place to work
Home Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin12 April 2016
I enjoyed working there.
The staff were very easy to work with.
Problem is there were not enough hours. As a man working in this field, it is a bit more challenging, as women can have both male and female clients, but a male carer can only work with male clients. This means that hours can be limited.
Great place to learn & use your skills
HR Intern (Current Employee) –  Dublin4 April 2016
• Answering phone calls, helping & answering regularly asked questions
• Booking training & interviews & help with interviewing the new candidates
• Using the software to keep the system updated, processing files and ringing for references
• Sending off Garda vetting forms & updating the Excel sheet.
Never short of work, work with and meet wonderful people, very dependable office staff.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louth3 February 2016
I worked for comfort keepers for two years, and overall it was an amazing experience. First and foremost I had to pleasure of working alongside my co-workers who were always there to help if and when I needed assistance. The relationships and bonds formed in this line of work are ones I know will be hard to come across again. Clients we visit everyday in their homes look forward to our arrival as some clients live alone and do not see anyone else for the day. To provide such comfort and happiness for another person by simply being there is a very rewarding feeling. As a care assistant we provide companionship, personal and nutritional care ensuring our clients have the highest quality of life that is achievable.
Comfort keepers do not pay travel expenses, however if you are available to work 25-30 hours a week it is worth your while, this company has a large volume of clients in all areas, If you choose the area in which you live you won't have far to travel to your client and if you are willing to do the hours and work hard it is very much worth your while.
I worked 6 out of 7 days every week for two years and was happy doing these hours, if you ever need a dig out the company will do all they can to assist you. Progression and promotion is very possible in this company if you are diligent hardworking individual.
Pros
Excellent managers, wonderful team of people to work, constantly improving where they can.
Caring and Dynamic Company
Care (Current Employee) –  Dublin21 January 2016
Fabulous company to work for. Both client and employees are equally a focus for managers. Each year new things are brought in to make our jobs easier and the company nicer to work for. We get rewarded if we refer someone to work for the company or if we refer a client which is really nice.

I like that the office is friendly and I can come in and out and talk to my manager or coordinator when I need. My job is very rewarding and I love helping other people out.

Many people have been promoted in the company and I like knowing that I can move to another level if I want to and I will be helped with my training.
Pros
Bonus for referring a friend, informal setting, lots of training and option to train on other things, career progression.
My desired workplace.
Care taker (Current Employee) –  Dublin North, D3 January 2016
My day at work is regular every day as life goes on - to be a conversation company, understanding, empathetic. I am working with my co-workers together in one team. We are two of us with my client at a time.
The hardest part of the job is when on-call phone doesn't answer when I need.
Most enjoyable time is when everything goes smoothly during the shift and client is happy and smiling. I am happy also.
Would not recommand working for Comfort Keepers
Homecare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, D5 December 2015
Unorganized
Inconsiderate
Liars
Bad Communicators
Pay is terrible
Time Wasters

The list could go on I worked here for half a year and the first three months it was great no problems or complaints . But by the 4th month they were giving me all these clients without asking if I can handle anymore hours . I just worked in the Dublin 15 area and was spending my months wages on fuel for my car which was a 1.0 engine . From all the driving I was doing I even ended up in hospital for 3.days it was terrible working conditions . I was bullied by both Care Co-Ordinators and forced into hours that I just could not do even on my day off they were making me work. I lost valuable time with my kids and husband and also my other family members . They even forced me to work the two months notice which was unfair in my opinion . I would never recommend Comfort Keepers to friends and family or even to older people looking to use homecare services.
Doing rosters, dealing with Carers
Client Care Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Limerick, LK10 November 2015
I enjoyed dealing with the Carers and the Clients. I had been a Carer myself so I knew what was going on behind the sceens and I could understand the Carers and their problems
i love being a care assistant
care assistant (Current Employee) –  cavan29 October 2015
I'm the person responsible for making somebody's life easier my job helps people. typical day can be anything I work with wheelchair bound clients who need to be moved with the use of a hoist .some clients are bed ridden and I take care of their personal needs .like contince care and personal hygiene. my co workers and managers are there to help out when ever I may need them or if I'm not sure about something they will help . would like to have more chance of advancement . I am currently doing fetac 5 so pretty tired at end of day but so worth it
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
traveling
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Laois14 November 2014
My day was random, ranging from an hours visit to four/five hours care to clients.

Always had support from the girls in the office.
Pros
Training
Cons
Random hours
Carers workplace
Carer (Current Employee) –  Ballyfermot23 October 2014
Shifts are 30 minutes.

I learnt how to take care of old people. At the training programme for comfort keepers I learnt how to lift boxes and clients correctly and I also learnt what to do if an emergency occurred.

Time management and being organised is extremely important as a carer.

I work independently when I visit clients. Thus, I don't have co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is getting attached to clients and then e.g. they go into a nursing home and then you do not get to see them again.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you assisted a client with tasks while maintaining their dignity and respect.
Pros
Close to my house
Cons
Short hours
loved the job but bad hours 6 day per week
care assistant (Former Employee) –  dublin21 September 2014
enjoyed working with the clients love the elderly but the hours were really badly laid out starting at 8.45 am and not finishing until 9 pm and maybe just working 3 or 4 hours in that day for eg doing 30 minutes then nothing for 4 hours then back out for 1 hour then home again then waiting around for your next job, very difficult.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad hours and had to drive from house to house using my own petrol
Comfort keepers
Carer of the elderly (Former Employee) –  Dublin,19 August 2014
I loved working in comfort keepers meeting clients, helping them with their day to day life in any way I could, clocking in, preparing meals, desserts, tea, washing, just having a nice chat with them listening to them and making them feel comforted, record all my duties or concerns in the record book and reporting to my manager if necessary, work on my own or as part of a team. Hardest part of the job leaving them alone. Best part of the job is when a client tells you they are so thankful that they were able to stay in their own home thanks to you and its just a feel good job for me being able to help others, treat them as I would like to be treated.
Pros
nice job
Cons
not long enough in a home, driving your own car and using own petrol
nice and friendly environment
Carer (Current Employee) –  dublin18 August 2014
brilliant and rewarding job, not much contact with office, mainly revolves around clients. best part of the job is knowing you make a difference.
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
awkward hours.
what i'm looking for
home help (Current Employee) –  limerick7 April 2014
looking for a job in healthcare assistant in a hospital our nursing home. i'm open to any other area and job title also i the healthcare sectore
Enjoyable and challenging job
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway10 February 2014
Love this type of work no matter how hard. Not enough work in my area at the moment.
Currently working for Home Instead in Roscommon Hospital part time.
Pros
Job satisfactiom
Cons
Not enough work in my area
Homecare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Galway4 February 2014
The management are all very nice to deal with. I have learned alot about the business. My co-workers were very nice to work with. The hardest part of the job is feeling helpless in some situations where you cannot help someone who obviously needs it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being in a position to help someone who needs it and feeling like you have made a difference to someones day.
Cons
Poor life/work balance.
Good Productive
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, Ierland10 January 2014
When there is short of staff, I learnt differenet trainings about taking care of the clients, good co-worker working as a team, when something go wrong, carrying out good work the clients.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
25 to 35 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K