Play YouTube video button
Updates from Comfort Keepers:
Updated: 31 March 2020

Comfort Keepers Employee Reviews

Featured review
Comfort Keepers selected this as a representative review
rewarding work
Can work around my personal schedule,
fantastic staff training and supports,

Clients are always friendly,

The job is challenging but not stressful,

Great overall work environment, with friendly management
Pros
Flexible and reliable work
Cons
Sometimes communication can fall short
Working with Comfort keepers give me a chance to meet and learn from some of the best people to work with. It gave me a chance to adhere my theoretical knowledge into practical knowledge into a fast spaced and exiting culture.
Fantastic for personal development
Working with CK as a carer for three years. Love the job and have met some amazing people along the way. Caring gives you a real sense of purpose and incredible job satisfaction.
Pros
Job flexibilty, Good pay; Frequent training offered to enhance work performance, friendships formed with clients
Cons
Late hours may not suit everyone, No mileage cover (although pay is good)
Varied with different clients
Very rewarding job, loved being able to make someones day easier or just being able to provide them with some company.
Every client was different, some were low maintenance and only needed company and others were high dependent which involved getting them out of bed, dressed,fed, and their house in a good living condition, ie. clean, warm and tidy.

I felt a great seance of responsibility caring or another person.
A great place to work
At Comfort Keepers there is no typical day at work, we are a fast paced company that embraces change. This fast pace means that we can change rapidly to meet the changing needs of our clients and society as a whole.

I have learned to broaden my skill-set, having joined the company as the SME on recruitment, I have now learned to look at the different aspects of being a HR professional,

The management team here has a positive can do attitude and a keen eye for opportunities to improve the service for our clients and also to develop the talent within the business.

As the job is fast paced you need to be able to manage your day and prioritise task as they occur.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that today and every day we help the our Elderly clients to be comfortable at home knowing they have support. The second most enjoyable part of the role is seeing how the company develop people and promote from within. Many carers have moved into office positions and been promoted a number of times
Pros
A culture that promotes development.
productive and fun work place
I went into elderly peoples homes and helped them around the house made the a hot dinner if needed. I did basic household things like sweep the floor, did the washing up, helped them get ready for bed or out of bed. The most enjoyable part of the job was sitting down and having a chat about random things. the seemed to just like the company sometimes all they wanted was to sit and have a chat about what was happening around the world. Management was great if I needed anything they were just a phone call away.
Pros
good fun with the elderly people
Cons
they started passing away
Stay away
Clients nice office staff awful speak down to carers like they had no intelligence office staff have no skills in ardee office to construct a rota they often send a number of carers to one call and skip clients no communications with carers no concept of clients needs they hold back wages as punishment to carers who dont hand in time sheets that you have to drive to there office at your owne expence to hand in which is a joke in this day and age not professional no staff retention because of bad mannered office staff
Pros
None nightmare
Cons
Unprofessional office staff
it was an ok place to work but it could of been better to be honest
i would start at 8 in the morning some mornings i would start at 9 or so it depended on the clients needs, i would work 7 days a week without a break and on some saturday nights i wouldnt get home until at least 10.30 the hardest part of the job was having noo time off at all if i put in for a day off i would always get a phone call at some stage to cover something i addressed this many times but they didnt want to hear it
the management were not nice to be honest, expected too much from us and gave nothing in return not even a day off that we were entitled to we all worked long and hard and were never praised or anything..

co workers were decent hard working people like me that were never valued one bit..
Pros
Cons
long hours no time off and managment were not nice or understanding one bit
i didnt have review
i didnt have review yet.

Management are very good. And my co-workers are very good also. the hardest part of this job its to see very ill old people.
Meeting a variety people, good feel factor.
Greet clients, assess any risks. Ensure daily needs are met. Chat and empathise with them. Management and Co workers approachable. Currently 2 days pw
Pros
I like the independence of this job
Cons
The waiting period between clients appointments
nice place to work
Clients are wonderful and are kind to staff.Management care a lot about staff welfare and they offer free trainingsvto staff from time to time.
Pros
no free food
Cons
shorter hours
Challenging, Involving and interesting
It was a challenging job working with a disabled person, however am happy to acquire skills that are vital for my carrier.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
Challenging job
meeting lovely clients
we have so many lovely clients that need to be taken care by you. they depend on us (careers) and we make sure we give our own very best.
Pros
free gloves
Cons
One of the worst companies ever to work for
Uncaring towards their staff and whats worse their clients.
The staff work so so hard for the company for rubbish pay.

I've had situations where I haven't been given travel time in between clients and end up being very late and then having to cut short my visits.

They underpaid me one month which ment I couldn't pay bills.

They are liars and over work the carer's.

I love being a carer and it will always be my career but working for comfort keepers was a joke.

I'm very surprised to see so many positive comments left for this company, they must have wrote most of them themselves. I know several employees working for comfort keepers that can't wait to leave.

If you would like to gain experience in caring then it is a good company to join as they would take on anyone but be prepared to be broke all the time for paying out on fuel, and also be prepared for an awful lot of unprofessional bullying behaviour from them.

You get given mostly 30 minute calls which aren't even worth the time and don't pay.
Pros
There isn't any apart from gaining experience.
Cons
You will be out of pocket, have to put up with a lot of nonsense from them, Not having a permanent routa, A lot of "office" mistakes tends to happen.
great experience, wonderful clients and family members. Also most of the office staff were lovely to deal with
- A typical day at work would consist of visiting a number of clients in their home and carrying out tasks, such as personal care, meal preparation and house cleaning.
- I learned how to deal with difficult behaviours and frustrated family members.

- Management were great for holding staff nights to meet other carers that work within the company

- The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will have work the next day. Your hours were not always secure because clients could end up in hospital or pass away within the time you are not there.

- The most enjoyable part of this job was the amazing people I met and had the pleasure to work with. It was also hard getting to know the patients you work with and then losing them when they pass away. It can be hard not to get attached to clients as you work with them on such a personal level and as you work in their homes, you meet their families and friends.
Cons
non secure hours
Nice place to work
I enjoyed working there.
The staff were very easy to work with.

Problem is there were not enough hours. As a man working in this field, it is a bit more challenging, as women can have both male and female clients, but a male carer can only work with male clients. This means that hours can be limited.
Great place to learn & use your skills
• Answering phone calls, helping & answering regularly asked questions
• Booking training & interviews & help with interviewing the new candidates

• Using the software to keep the system updated, processing files and ringing for references

• Sending off Garda vetting forms & updating the Excel sheet.
Never short of work, work with and meet wonderful people, very dependable office staff.
I worked for comfort keepers for two years, and overall it was an amazing experience. First and foremost I had to pleasure of working alongside my co-workers who were always there to help if and when I needed assistance. The relationships and bonds formed in this line of work are ones I know will be hard to come across again. Clients we visit everyday in their homes look forward to our arrival as some clients live alone and do not see anyone else for the day. To provide such comfort and happiness for another person by simply being there is a very rewarding feeling. As a care assistant we provide companionship, personal and nutritional care ensuring our clients have the highest quality of life that is achievable.
Comfort keepers do not pay travel expenses, however if you are available to work 25-30 hours a week it is worth your while, this company has a large volume of clients in all areas, If you choose the area in which you live you won't have far to travel to your client and if you are willing to do the hours and work hard it is very much worth your while.

I worked 6 out of 7 days every week for two years and was happy doing these hours, if you ever need a dig out the company will do all they can to assist you. Progression and promotion is very possible in this company if you are diligent hardworking individual.
Pros
Excellent managers, wonderful team of people to work, constantly improving where they can.
Caring and Dynamic Company
Fabulous company to work for. Both client and employees are equally a focus for managers. Each year new things are brought in to make our jobs easier and the company nicer to work for. We get rewarded if we refer someone to work for the company or if we refer a client which is really nice.

I like that the office is friendly and I can come in and out and talk to my manager or coordinator when I need. My job is very rewarding and I love helping other people out.

Many people have been promoted in the company and I like knowing that I can move to another level if I want to and I will be helped with my training.
Pros
Bonus for referring a friend, informal setting, lots of training and option to train on other things, career progression.
My desired workplace.
My day at work is regular every day as life goes on - to be a conversation company, understanding, empathetic. I am working with my co-workers together in one team. We are two of us with my client at a time.
The hardest part of the job is when on-call phone doesn't answer when I need.

Most enjoyable time is when everything goes smoothly during the shift and client is happy and smiling. I am happy also.
Would not recommand working for Comfort Keepers
Unorganized
Inconsiderate

Liars

Bad Communicators

Pay is terrible

Time Wasters

The list could go on I worked here for half a year and the first three months it was great no problems or complaints . But by the 4th month they were giving me all these clients without asking if I can handle anymore hours . I just worked in the Dublin 15 area and was spending my months wages on fuel for my car which was a 1.0 engine . From all the driving I was doing I even ended up in hospital for 3.days it was terrible working conditions . I was bullied by both Care Co-Ordinators and forced into hours that I just could not do even on my day off they were making me work. I lost valuable time with my kids and husband and also my other family members . They even forced me to work the two months notice which was unfair in my opinion . I would never recommend Comfort Keepers to friends and family or even to older people looking to use homecare services.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Comfort Keepers. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K